Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: In The Worst Corner of My Memory / S02.E13: This Is Our Outpost

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Garret faces a bitter enemy while Talon fights off the Prime Order. Naya is imprisoned for her crimes as Janzo continues to come to her defense. The Mistress pieces together some very important pieces of Janzo's history. Meanwhile, the Prime Order army marches toward the Outpost.

The Prime Order attacks the Outpost. Talon risks everything with a bold plan, as Garret seeks his revenge. Meanwhile, Gwynn has to decide the fate of someone she held near and once trusted.

Season finale. Airdate: September 26, 2019.

Just popping by to say I am absolutely repulsed by the decision to reveal Janzo and Nia as twins all for a cheap laugh at Janzo. Can the poor man ever be taken seriously by anyone? Also, having the only two Indian characters turn out to be twins somehow feels even more racist than introducing an Indian woman solely to date the only other Indian character because he's not cool enough for the white girl. Their love story was so cute! Will he ever be allowed to just be happy? 

• Love 1

The whole 2 hours repulsed me, I was not very happy. Wouldn't the explosion collapse all the underground tunnels? Talon releases the Blackbloods and Demons to help fight, then blows many of them up, that is not a good way to get Blackbloods to trust humans.

At first I thought Talon was going to create a portal in the gate to prevent the invading army from entering The Outpost.

I believe the big explosive weapon was set off by Garret at the enemy camp, so it blew up most of the army still camped out there and the two additional armies that joined the Prime Order, while collapsing the tunnels around the camp. It did not affect the Outpost. The demons and Blackbloods were fighting the Prime Order soldiers at the Outpost and so were not hurt by that explosion. (Sana had sent only part of her army to the Outpost.)

I am actually okay with this episode. (Maybe my expectations have been lowered after a summer of watching this show and Pandora). Gwynn has a change of heart and becomes more likeable and even noble. (But that's the problem with absolute dictatorships, isn't it? The quality of life of the citizenry is dependent upon the character and whims of the particular dictator.)

No surprise, Alton is not Alton, but Fat Sammy, a childhood servant/friend. Gwynn first sentences him to death and then pardons him. He later saves her life. So all is forgiven.

In fact, everyone at the Outpost becomes friends again - just in time to band together and fight the Prime Order. 

Sana conveniently no longer has the kinj* when Garret goes to kill her. I guess Withers really is dead.

(* I got the spelling from Jake Stormoen's live tweet during this episode here.)

The Mistress tries to save Janzo and is killed - I did not see that coming. Poor Janzo. He loses his mother, but gains a sister. Blech.

Garret tells Gwynn that he's no longer the man she loved and that he's driven by anger now, and he basically gives his blessing to Tobin and Gwynn.

Talon has to open the portal and let in demons and other Blackbloods, in order to keep the Prime Order army from overrunning the Outpost and killing Gwynn and the others. No surprise, Zed betrays her again.

And it all ends in a cliffhanger where Zed's Blackbloods now control the Outpost, setting up next season's story.

I have to admit, if it is indeed true that the Outpost was built by the Blackbloods, then I have some sympathy for Zed's cause. However, I'm still rooting for Talon and her friends.

A few of Jake Stormoen's live tweets during this episode:

ETA: No renewal decision has been announced yet.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

The demons and Blackbloods were fighting the Prime Order soldiers at the Outpost and so were not hurt by that explosion.

They showed several dead demons and blackbloods, the explosion went all the way to the gates of the Outpost before it stopped.

On 9/27/2019 at 12:24 PM, AnimeMania said:

They showed several dead demons and blackbloods, the explosion went all the way to the gates of the Outpost before it stopped.

Yes but Talon didn't blow them up.  It's not as if the cause would be obvious.

That said am I the only one who yawned at the ending.  The complete stilted quality of the acting and predictability of the betrayal just seemed so drab to me.  I kept hoping there would be something new and different.  

1 hour ago, call me ishmael said:

That said am I the only one who yawned at the ending.  The complete stilted quality of the acting and predictability of the betrayal just seemed so drab to me.  I kept hoping there would be something new and different.  

Nope not the only one.  I was hoping for something besides Zed/ the black bloods being the "bad guys".