Type keyword(s) to search

Unclejosh

1.1k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

3.9k profile views
  1. Well Zendaya is pretty tall, see her compared to Tom Holland. Shorter actors lie about being taller and taller ones will shave inches off because they will be disqualified from rolls due to framing issues compared to their costars. If someone is listed over 6'4, they could be even taller in real life. Athletes do this all the time as well. Most of the time the heights for basketball players is not accurate. The only time Charles Barkley hit 6'6 for example is when he jumped or was on a step. For a more recent example Kevin Durant is often listed as 7FT or 6'11 but he is really under 6'10. There have been some reports that up to 40% of athletes lie about their heights and weights, mostly at the direction of agents, coaches, owners for marketing reasons. People are obsessed with heights for some reason. Everyone lies about it famous or not. Guys lie about being taller and women often lie saying they are shorter than they are in real life. My daughter is like 5'11 but she tells people she is 5'9 and slouches a lot. She hates being tall. As for Dune, I never thought about gender or fluidity at all when watching the movie as Paul is presented as male and Chani is presented as female but maybe I am not observant enough. Wouldn't be the first time I missed something. lol. Cheers!
  2. At home I don't typically keep my outside shoes on unless I am doing work which requires support or I am going in and out constantly. I don't like being in bare or socked feet. I have to either wear slippers that resemble shows with solid soles and full foot coverage or I wear my crocs occasionally. As a kid I was barefoot a lot more but once I got older my sensory issues got worse and I just do not like being barefoot at all. I sleep with socks on too most of the time unless it is really hot or I showered before bed.
  3. I know Josh Brolin has gotten in pretty good shape but I think he is a manlet overall. He is like 5'8" or something (listed at 5'10 but most actors pad an inch or 2 minimum when under 6FT). Not really hulking. Good camerawork and platform shoes make him appear bigger. He is listed as same height as Timothee although he has a wider frame. Out of costume, JB is significantly smaller than TC based on pics of them at the premiere. Javier is around the same height and while his body type is thicker, it is mostly camera and wardrobe tricks making him see bigger than he is. The premier pics show Austin Butler as the biggest followed by TC, then Javier and JB. Height wise anyway. Batista is by far the biggest overall and Momoa from the first film obviously. Stellan is a tall man as well. TC is just so scrawny he appears tiny in comparison when he really isn't.
  4. I think the shoes off thing is a cultural or regional thing. I am 51 and I have never ever been to a house or residence that asked to take shoes off before entering. I only had 1 rich relative growing up who had 1 specific room called the white room with all white plush carpeting and a grand piano that you couldn't wear shoes in but every other part of the house was fine. In Massachusetts, suburbs of Boston.
  5. From what I recall from my wife when our kids were little, you have to keep pumping if you want milk production to continue even if you are not feeding them directly or bottling. Otherwise it is very painful and will eventually stop altogether. So by pumping and then dumping, she keeps milk production going for when she does return.
  6. Has there been any indication on how this show does or if a 3rd season is coming? Based on the activity here (and on other forums) the show seems dead.
  7. Do people actually use Freevee? I have never used any of those "Free" streaming services. They have ads don't they? Defeats the whole purpose of streaming. Might as well just have cable which I haven't had since 2016.
  8. She was also in the recent season of Dexter. Julia Jones
  9. I like Kaitlyn Dever a lot and think she is a fantastic actress but my reaction is the same when I first heard of this being rumored a while ago..."Her?" (TM Arrested Development). Look there are some roles where physicality is just as important as acting ability. Look at the Reacher Movies with Tom Cruise. Decent movies but nothing like the character. Now they cast Alan Ritchson who is much closer to the actual character physically and he is killing it. Abby is a force of nature in the game. She is bigger than most of the male characters and can hold her own physically with all of them. Sorry but unless they do some big time cheating, in no way do I see her as a physical threat to anyone. Why would Ellie struggle so much with someone who is basically as small as she is? Now I now she can bulk up but there is no way she can add a foot of height even with boots and camera tricks. (Nerd clarification, Ellie is supposed to be 5'5" in TLOU2 and Bella is 5'1", so they only need to add 9 inches to Dever's height to achieve the same differential) All that being said, while I would prefer someone else, I guess we have no choice but to hope the show runners don't mess it up. I have no doubt acting wise she will knock it out. But they need to get creative to even come close to the game character from a physical standpoint. YMMV.
  10. Yeah sadly the yearly amount is not an option for me currently so I have no choice but to pay monthly.
  11. Just got email that Max is going up $4 a month to keep 4K streaming. That is a huge jump.
  12. I think this looks pretty good. Looking forward to it.