Type keyword(s) to search

seewillrun

236 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

908 profile views
  1. Even within these forums, I have seen comments with the words "disgusting", "evil", "whiny" and "pathetic" regarding members of the Royal Family after an episode which had a scene showing a private conversation between characters. I suppose they could be talking about the characters, but it seems clear that they are relaying their feelings about the real people being portrayed. Obviously anyone here in the forums knows that this is fictional and knows that private conversations could not possibly have any corroboration as truth and yet they now consider someone evil or will never accept them as king or thinks they should step down. A disclaimer for these people would do no good at all as they would ignore it OR it would prove to them that the Royal Family had somehow made it be added.
  2. We were shown in Season One, the King bluntly telling Phillip that supporting Elizabeth was his job. I wonder if no one ever told Diana, or if they thought as a female, she would already know that this was her job. As an American, the only protocol "rules" I know are from newspaper articles or this show, so this may be wrong. But one of the things I noticed was how many times Diana walked ahead of Charles while on the Australian tour, it seems as if this is a fairly basic no-no. He is the Prince of Wales and the heir.
  3. And can you imagine what their hair looked like when they took the hats off?
  4. As Queen, I don't think she has a relationship with Charles as her son at all. He's the future King and she seems to only want to deal with the heir, in a training sort of way, not with Charles, as his mother. Someone upthread mentioned that she is required to do as the government advises, but she argued against the government advise as to issues with Phillip, but seems like it isn't worth the effort to advocate for Charles. Also, if you are sending your son into what it seems like was known "hostile territory", why wouldn't you send him with someone to help bridge the cultural gap. Several people have mentioned how the Queen in Season Three seems much colder than in Seasons 1 and 2 and have wondered if it was due to the change in actors, but I think it has been a conscious decision to portray her as harder, colder and showing much less emotion. She has been queen for almost 2 decades and the experience has hardened her. When Phillip was talking her out of allowing Charles to add his own words to the speech, it was easy to see that neither of them think much of Charles and as far as has been shown, he has never really let them down, he just has different priorities than they do.
  5. I guess we all have things we hand-wave away depending on our perspective. I was raised by my aunt and uncle from age 1 year. Though I was never formally adopted, if anyone had denied my relationship with them, it would have been both painful and false as I considered them my parents and they thought of me as their child. I disliked the Gideon story from the very introduction of a character who had never been mentioned, through all the transplant story and Deacons sisters death, as alive. However in the last five minutes, with the phrase, "I know all your songs", I decided it didn't matter because that made a damn good scene and what the hell, the show was over anyway. Since I thought Gunnar would have been a dang fool to take Scarlett back, I was okay with them not getting back together. However I sure am glad for all their duets as I find I never skip past one when listening to the soundtracks. Also (unpopular opinion) there a couple of Layla's songs that are in the same category...I never skip past them.
  6. I hadn't thought about it that way, but that makes sense. It seems a hard enough life with one parent on the road, and doing all the publicity that seems to be required. If you actually want to raise your kids instead of leaving them with nannies, somebody has to take a back seat for a while anyway. That person doesn't necessarily have to be the mother, but in this particular case, not only has Juliette had a really good run, but she seemed to be tired of constantly being in the public eye.
  7. Exactly. I am not a Teddy fan, but with each "Deacon's daughter" statement, which seemed to happen more than once an episode, it was as if they were trying to make us actually believe that Deacon had raised both girls and had been the biggest influence on them. At this point, I just still want to talk, and hear others' thoughts, about the show.
  8. I saw Luke with his hair cut really short. I read on Twitter that Layla and someone else they named (could have been Zoey) couldn't be there due to conflicting schedules. I also read that Connie cut short a vacation to be there for the two days they were filming the concert scene and the Deacon/Rayna scene. Now I'm still not happy with Connie for leaving, but she didn't have to do that and it made a difference to the ending for me.
  9. I thought the finale was much better than I had expected. Though in real life, the Deacon and Gideon ending would be totally unrealistic; for this show, I thought the scene worked. And the transition to the whole cast and crew was done really well. I bet Sam and Chris ( Gunnar and Will) had fun with all the 'will they / won't they' scenes they filmed for the first part of the episode. During the Avery and Juliette reunion, I thought they had styled her hair similarly to the first episode, as a call-back to when she met Rayna, and also was bumped into by Avery. Also, I agree with someone up-thread, this retirement is going to last for maybe two years, then Juliette will be back. The Deacon and Rayna memory was unexpected but now I think I would have felt cheated if it had not happened. I don't mind them hinting about Deacon getting involved with Ilsa (woman from the reality show). I took it to mean that he will have relationships with women, as he had when he and Rayna weren't together, but he's already had the 'love of his life'.
  10. Awwwwww, not just when Maddie has realized that she likes him. I'm holding out hope that there is an "extra" episode.... cause no way do I see them wrapping up the multitude of storylines in 2 episodes.
  11. Juliette's pregnancy = Daphne's Dad (Teddy) Never going to be brought up again! LOL
  12. Is Gideon 19? "Where you been"? "Out". This is how an entitled 19 year old talks to his parents, not a grown man who is allowed to live in someone's house, by the thinnest of threads. Even if they were all on the best of terms, you don't treat your host's house as if it were a hotel. I couldn't even work up to an eye-roll when Scarlett went to get Gideon. How else are we going to know Scarlett is on our screen if she isn't meddling in someone else's life. I don't know anything about the law and usually when I try to guess what legal ramifications will be in a real life situation, I am totally wrong. But can a non-disclosure agreement be considered legally binding if it means covering up an illegal act? Would it depend on whether you could prove an illegal act had taken place? Don't know, but I can't see how stepping away from the music business is going to help Juliette. My husband has watched less than 30 total minutes of Nashville, ever. He saw the scene between Alannah and Brad... and asked, why do they have a cartoon character bad guy on this show? There are some storylines which are too serious to treat casually. They have earned a "D-" from the heavy-handed and rushed way they have handled this topic. Alannah did have me fooled though. The way they have her interacting with Brad, makes it seem as if she is ready to play ball so to speak with his agenda. By not acquiescing abruptly, and calling him on his shit, I like that she is manipulating him instead of the other way around. I wish that Maddie had discovered the betrayal by Jonah totally on her own, instead of Twig giving it away. Poor Jonah, totally being taken advantage of by that crazy girl. What else could he do? Blech! And yet after all that I've said, and all that y'all have said, which I agree with... yesterday morning I thought "Yay, it's Thursday, so I've got Nashville to watch tonight" Immediately followed with "Damn, only three more shows"! No matter how much griping I do, I am going to miss seeing these characters on my tv.
  13. Thanks, Piratewench, for the information. That's what I was afraid of. I'm still going to listen to their broadcast, just in case. ; )
  14. Slasherboy, since you are in Nashville, you may have better judgment of this. Some people are saying that Chip may be invited to be a member of the Grand Ole Opry. I don't know anything about what criteria are used for that invite, but it seems to me that Chip doesn't have the playlist or the fan base to justify it. Please don't throw anything, people, I have seen him in concert and think he's a great performer but don't know if that's enough for the Grand Ole Opry. Do you, Slasherboy, think there is anything to this?