Type keyword(s) to search

rmontro

14.1k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I think the reason it's called Georgie and Mandy's First Marriage is to address the info from Big Bang Theory that Georgie had been divorced. The title hints that even if they separate in the future, they may end up back together, so this allows the fan to buy into their relationship without as much hesitation.
  2. Yeah, I didn't see anything written in the rules that she had to organize the room by herself. If Sheldon wanted to volunteer his time to the church, so much the better. You might be right, but Georgie is likable enough. You make a good point that Mandy's mom doesn't really add any comedy to the situations, that might be a problem in the new show. They showed clips of it during the commercials, did they start filming it already? It appeared so. The show is called Georgie and Mandy's First Marriage. That suggests they might have married each other more than once, which is something I had wondered about before.
  3. We haven't really seen Morgan be a real witch for awhile now. Maybe they had forgotten that was her personality, and decided to get her back to character for the final episodes. And she was also dumping all the chump jobs on Dom. Was that her just being mean again, or was she trying to teach him some sort of lesson?
  4. Someone was complaining a few weeks ago about how Asher had warmed back up to his Judaism again, and now in this episode Jordan loses his her faith (although she apparently got it back again). People on this show don't seem to have very stable beliefs. Seems a little strange that the guy who thought he was Jesus was okay to give his consent to the kidney donation, but suddenly when they found out they could cure him, he wasn't anymore. Either he was or he wasn't. There are three episodes left. I wonder why they killed Asher off like they did, so close to the finish line? Makes me wonder if the actor had another job lined up or something. I hope they keep Jerome around for the limited time left. Would they kill off Glassman and make him unavailable for a possible reunion show in ten years? I see a final scene for him walking off into the sun with his daughter.
  5. This has always been my favorite episode, for whatever reason. Or used to be. I've mentioned this before, but I don't like the way they've changed the look of the Doomsday machine in the new episodes with the updated special effects. Originally it was a cool, glacial looking blue, and they changed it to more of a green, and made the hull smoother looking. I don't understand what was wrong with the original look or color. And it was so iconic from my childhood, I did not appreciate the change. One of the few (only?) cases where I like the original special effect to the updated one. I thought the original machine looked great.
  6. They pulled a lot from the Ultimate Universe when making the Fan4stic movie, and all of that was a bad idea. I hated that they made the FF a teenage genius thinktank, the FF should be a family, and that works better with a bit of an age spread. I kind of liked what they did with the Ultimates though, which was their version of the Avengers. And of course we got Miles Morales from the Ultimate Universe also.
  7. Well hey, all the more reason to tell the fans to go take a flying leap, right? That is the message that Disney seems to be sending out. But since Disney has moved toward caring about the fans less, the success of their movies has decreased also, and in a big way. So it may be the comic book fans are more valuable than you or they think. Now it looks like they are looking to the Fox franchises (Deadpool and Wolverine) to set the MCU on the right path. Something that was once unthinkable. Ryan Reynolds is definitely looking to please the fan. Isn't that a refreshing attitude? If you don't want to do these franchises justice, why buy them? It just becomes a big money grab.
  8. That's good news. I liked his Clear History movie. It almost seemed like a long form episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, the character was very similar. Maybe he can do something like that.
  9. They did pretty well with Natasha/Black Widow, she always came across as real (or as real as can be in a superhero movie). She was highly skilled, but you never got the impression she didn't earn it, or just magically have it like a Mary Sue, she was trained intensively. Of course that was before Marvel started failing.
  10. That possibility did cross my mind, that the scene wasn't mean to show reality necessarily, but a surrealistic artful depiction of what was going on.
  11. I just saw this again, and there's one particular scene I wonder about: The scene where Fred and Lloyd are in the cafe and Fred asks him to do the moment of silence to think about all the people who "loved them into being". All the people in the restaurant follow along with them. How do they know what they are doing? Have they been listening to the whole conversation since Mr. Rodgers is a celebrity? Or (probably more likely) are they so used to Fred eating there that they know what he's doing, because they've seen him do it so often, and they go along with it?
  12. That sounds a little judgemental. When I was growing up, we were told we weren't supposed to "see color", because that was racist. Now we are told we are supposed to see color or people won't be seen. In other words, we are told that race is part of the experience of the person. So if that is the case, how could it be the same person if you change their race? If you think about it, that doesn't make sense. I haven't seen the new Wonder Man yet, but the race change there doesn't bother me. But if it is one of my very favorite characters, no I don't want the race changed, or anything else changed about them. Besides which, it's lazy. Make new compelling characters that are more diverse. That makes more sense anyway. Most of these characters from the Lee/Kirby days were from a time when the US was not at all as diverse as it is now, not even close. Let's have some creativity today, Hollywood seems to rely only on sequels, reboots, remakes, and adaptations these days. Where are today's creators?
  13. It's not a big deal to me. But if someone was a huge Silver Surfer/Norrin Radd fan, I would understand it if they were a little disappointed, because they wanted to see their favorite debut in the MCU, and now is either going to have to wait, or never get it. And there are people upset about it. But although I like the Surfer, I'm not upset about this, mainly because I think we'll eventually be getting Norrin Radd Surfer in the 616 universe. Rumors are the FF universe is going to be destroyed, possibly by an incursion. Does that kill off Lady Surfer? Wasn't there going to be a Silver Surfer TV series on Disney Plus? Was that one of the projects that got cancelled when Disney went into the dumpster?
  14. No, but I think there is a sweet spot in there. And more particularly, there are fans of each team or character. If you're a fan of Superman, for example, you probably want him to be from the planet Krypton, and not Viltrum. You might want him to be adopted by a couple named the Kents. You might want to see him seek a career in journalism. You might want to see him with a good upbringing, and not killing people left and right like he's the Punisher.
  15. Agreed. One of the problems with the MCU's attempts to push more female heroines is they haven't done a good job of writing real female, feminine characters. If they can do that with Sue, while keeping Reed as the true, but distracted and sometimes misguided genius, they'll do well. Having more diversity is fine. Intentionally changing beloved characters in order to fill out those quotas is not. And I want to tell you, there are few things in pop culture as beloved to me as the Fantastic Four. I've been a fan since I was in the single digits. And I completely disagree that you cannot serve comic book fans. It isn't that complicated. They have done it, for the most part, up through Endgame. We don't ask for anything that unreasonable, for the most part. Most of us are aware there are differences in the film and comic format, and don't expect page by page recreations. We just want a little respect, and for them to capture the essence of the books that make them entertaining.