Type keyword(s) to search

Siggy: Will You Ever Win?

• Start Topic

Last seen milking a goat in the mud outside the craphole hideout that even Rollo refers to as the "shithole we call home."  Rollo -- the social outcast who passes out drunk outside in the snow and mud -- agrees that it's a shithole.  Oh Siggy. 

Well, at least Rollo's hot, even if he is often horrible.  But she also slept with King Horik (blerghh) for what seems to have been nothing.  Oh Siggy.

• Love 1
(edited)

Can't edit my post above, so writing a new one.

Just had to say, Siggy, I hoped we were already as low as you could go, but apparently not.  Now you've been both treated like and called a "whore" -- to your face! -- by yucky King Horik.  Oh Siggy.

Valkries are warriors, not behind the scenes Mata Haris.  You sorta listened to the Seer, but you didn't really listen to the Seer.  Yes, you lost your husband and children.  But Ragnar was only responsible for your husband's death, and he's been decent to you since.  Plus, now you get to sleep with Rollo -- he's waaaaaaay hotter, especially now.  Nurture the new Rollo and work with Ragnar, not against him.  Team Lothbrok for the win, obviously.  Sigh.

Edited by lawless
  • Love 1

I think Siggy might be cast aside by Rollo now.  Because, no, Floki cannot keep a secret, and Rollo looked like he was disgusted with her before he went to take care of Borg.  I like how the Seer says what he says, and people hear what they want to hear.  She asked if the gods would ever smile on her again, and his reply was that the gods smile on brave women.  He didn't say they would smile on her.  I think he meant Lagertha, like he did when he was talking to Ragnar.  The Seer loves Lagertha as much as everyone else does!  Also, you'd think Rollo would start lusting after some sons of his own at this point.  At the rate these people die, they need to keep making more.

• Love 1

I think Siggy might be cast aside by Rollo now.

It certainly seems a possibility, and I feel very bad for her that she may lose him over icky King Horik and his BS promises.  She made her own choices, but that sucks.

The Seer loves Lagertha as much as everyone else does!

He gives everyone a "too cool for school" attitude (as I guess you must when your job is "Seer" and you don't want too much scrutiny), but I think he secretly likes the Lothbroks, including Ragnar.  I say this not because he's nice to them, but because he seemed quite dismayed when Earl Borg took over.  I can't imagine what he thinks of Siggy, but he damn well better respect Lagertha, because you can only push her so much before she stabs you.  See, random rapists from first episode, Knute, and her former husband Earl Sigvard).  Siggy?  A different breed of cat.  I don't like manipulative people (unless they are very, very good at it -- by which I mean Sparticus's Battiatus and Lucretia) and Siggy is not reliably successful.  This was a particularly low point though.  Wonder if she'd be feeling this way if Lagertha was still around, as I think some of her frustration comes from Princess Aslaug and losing some standing with the departure of Lagertha.

At the rate these people die, they need to keep making more.

Seriously!

She stuck by Rollo when he was face down in the dirt for years, with few prospects, so he sort of owes her for that. But he's obviously pissed about King Horik (gross), and not just because of cheating, but because he's learned his lesson and is apparently 100% on his brother's side now.  So her manipulations to undermine Ragnar are going to be a problem for him.  Just guessing, of course!  I would hate to see her lose everything, just the same.

Wonder if she'd be feeling this way if Lagertha was still around, as I think some of her frustration comes from Princess Aslaug and losing some standing with the departure of Lagertha.

I thought about that, too.  Princess Aslaug only thinks about herself.  And Lagertha and Siggy also went thru the plague and losing their daughters together.  They have a bond. 

And Lagertha could have treated Siggy badly, or even merely accepted Siggy's offer to "serve" her in a way that would have been very humiliating to Siggy -- but she didn't.  Lagertha made a point of giving Siggy a place of some sort in her household, and offered Siggy and Theirry her protection.  They seemed to be genuinely friendly, even if Siggy is a schemer.  In fact, possibly Siggy is now resentful again of Ragnar because she feels Ragnar treated Lagertha badly, which he did.  In so doing, she lost some of the status she had by being Lagertha's confidant.  Also, she doesn't know that Ragnar bribed the lawman to save Rollo. 

However, she kind of encouraged Rollo's betrayal of Ragnar by encouraging his competition for Ragnar.  What she really needs is for Rollo to find another place to be Earl of, and then she can be his wife.  Then he and Ragnar will be able to support each other, strengthening them both, instead of undermining each other, weakening them both.  But I don't think Siggy sees it.  Also, I don't think Rollo has actually married her, which, given his drunk and asleep in the muddy alley days, is understandable.

• Love 1

I still don't understand why Siggy slept with Horik in the first place.  At first I thought it was to persuade Horik to help Rollo in some way, but now I'm not so sure.  Maybe it was because when Rollo was a drunken slob, she just got tired of propping him up and decided that she wanted a "real" man?

• Love 1

I've never been quite sure what her end game is with Horik either.  It's definitely not worth it.  I guess she doesn't care that much for Rollo at heart; he's more of a means to an end.  A very hot means to an end.  With the risks they take, she always stands a chance that Ragnar will die in battle or in a shipwreck or something, and then presumably Rollo would take his place.  I guess he's the best chance she's got for anything.

Ad Lagertha could have treated Siggy badly, or even merely accepted Siggy's offer to "serve" her in a way that would have been very humiliating to Siggy -- but she didn't.  Lagertha made a point of giving Siggy a place of some sort in her household, and offered Siggy and Theirry her protection.  They seemed to be genuinely friendly, even if Siggy is a schemer.  In fact, possibly Siggy is now resentful again of Ragnar because she feels Ragnar treated Lagertha badly, which he did.  In so doing, she lost some of the status she had by being Lagertha's confidant.  Also, she doesn't know that Ragnar bribed the lawman to save Rollo. 

Great points. 

• Love 1
(edited)

However, she kind of encouraged Rollo's betrayal of Ragnar by encouraging his competition for Ragnar.

Actually she didn't kind of, she blatantly did it. She saw Rollo as her ticket to go back to the top (as she realized the end was coming for Earl H, she and Rollo got together), and she started there during the sacrifice episode. She wanted to create a rift between the brothers by hitting the right spot : Rollo's ego when it comes to his brother. So she enticed him, there would be tension between the two, Rollo would turn to her and she would easily influence his opinion and try to take Ragnar down. She ultimately admitted it in the last episode but it was so obvious since end of last season this was her intention.

Edited by CommodusMad1

I just thought of how it could be worse for Siggy. This season I have still been wondering who murdered Earl Heraldson and Siggy's sons. Now that he has been dead and many years have passed, it would seem the issue is irrelevant but perhaps the writers still intend to resolve it at some point. What if King Horik was behind that? I have avoided reading the real history on King Horik so I don't actually know what he has done in his life, but didn't it seem like he became Ragnar's #1 fan when he became Earl, like he's just been waiting for this moment for Earl Heraldson to finally be gone? Maybe he tried to overthrow him before and it didn't work but the sons were still caught in the crossfire. What if Siggy has slept with her sons' murderer (or the guy who ordered the raid)?