Type keyword(s) to search

Amantha Holden: Furious Fighter For Justice

Sundresses do not go with cowboy boots!

They do to a semi-hippified, rebellious gal still living in the 80's in small town Georgia.   :)

I wouldn't doubt if her real name is Samantha and she dropped the "S" just to be contrary.

• Love 1

They do to a semi-hippified, rebellious gal still living in the 80's in small town Georgia.   :)

I wouldn't doubt if her real name is Samantha and she dropped the "S" just to be contrary.

As long as we don't have to see her using the bathroom again, she can use whatever name she wants...

Amantha's hostile reaction to the doctor trying to give her good news made it clear to me that she's like a solider always bracing for battle.  She's ready to fight even when it isn't necessary.  I think if everything was peacefully, she'd still be a ball of anger looking for a target.  I don't know if she'd know what to do with herself if she didn't have that role as Daniel's warrior to cling to.  It's understandable but I could see how living with her would be tough.

• Love 2

In Texas, nearly everyone wears cowboy boots with their sundresses.

It's a common GA outfit too, so she actually looks true to her location! I've been known to wear that outfit my own self. For many years boots were just the most comfortable shoes for me.
  • Love 1

Just because it's a thing, doesn't make it a good thing!

Oh hush now. We can wear what we want! ;)

@Luckylyn I loved your comment:

I don't know if she'd know what to do with herself if she didn't have that role as Daniel's warrior to cling to.  It's understandable but I could see how living with her would be tough.

That's exactly how I see Amantha. She's never been anything but angry and would be rootless if she didn't have her anger to hold her up. 

Oh hush now. We can wear what we want! ;) 

Oh for sure! Just saying, as a guy, that that kind of outfit doesnt work with me. Then again I like girls with tattoos, peirceings, dyed hair, etc even though I'm from the south haha.

• Love 1

Oh that's funny! I'm girl with tattoos, piercings, dyed hair AND cowboy boots and sundresses! Your brain would get all scrambled with mixed messages! :D

Okay I might, just might be able to work with that combo! :D

• Love 1

Wow, I like the way Amantha dresses.  She is really cute, so maybe it doesn't matter what she wears, but I love cowboy boots on women.

The only thing I don't like about her is her name.  It sounds so pretentious like a name an author would make up in a book. 

• Love 1

I love everything about Amantha. She's gorgeous & my favorite character. I only found Rectify like two weeks ago, spent an entire weekend just catching up and I'm in love with the show. I'm a little worried what she'll be up to in the upcoming episode tho, the summary for E10 kind of gives it away & I'm dreading it since I love Amantha & Jon, they're so cute together.

• Love 1

Wow, I like the way Amantha dresses.  She is really cute, so maybe it doesn't matter what she wears, but I love cowboy boots on women.

The only thing I don't like about her is her name.  It sounds so pretentious like a name an author would make up in a book. 

From "6 Questions with 'Rectify' Star Abigail Spencer (Amantha Holden)":

Q: Amantha is a very unusual name. Do you know how Ray came up with it?

A: Ray and I have never spoken about this, which is so funny. But I heard through someone who heard that Ray has a friend who has a daughter named Amantha and the character is named after the daughter… And I was surprised, I was like Oh, a human is actually named this? Actually there was a version of the script in Season 2 that explains the name, but the scene got cut, so we will continue to ponder the origins.

Q: Amantha’s style on RECTIFY is adorable. Does Amantha’s style match your personal style at all? Is there anything from her wardrobe that you’d like to steal?

A: The Amantha style reflects a time in my life definitely, but not where I’m at currently. I’ve been living in Atlanta for a long time, and the women in Atlanta are wearing the boots with the feminine dresses. It’s the mixing and matching the masculine with the feminine. I think that’s kind of key and keeping it kind of vintage and keeping it believable that she could have this really great wardrobe and this really crappy car and not a super high-end existence, which I’ve really noticed. The girls dress really cute in Atlanta no matter what’s going on in their lives or what they’re doing.

• Love 1

It took me a bit to warm up to Amantha because I knew the actress from Mad Men and didn't like her character. Funny because now she is playing another unlikable character on True Detective.

Amantha is annoying, yet sympathetic. But until I read this I had no idea Abigail Spenser plays Gena Brune (Colin Farrell's ex-wife) on True Detective. Five episodes in! And when Rectify began, I didn't recognize her as that schoolteacher who slept with Don Draper, either.

So she's a better actress than I thought—and/or I'm clueless.

• Love 2