Whimsy
  • Start Topic

image.png.67d59a3606af359a2b1e3fba12772586.png

From CBS.com

Jack Nichting

Biography

Hometown: Newport News, Virginia
Current residence: Harrisonburg, Virginia

Hobbies: CrossFit, listening to and singing musicals, all-you-can-eat sushi, and exploring the world.

Pet peeves: Being wasteful, rudeness, people running in place at crosswalks, and loud eating.

Three words to describe you: Determined, dreamer, and social.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Winning the National Championship for club soccer my senior year of college!

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
My mom. Overcoming traumatic life events, she picked up and moved abroad to pursue a new job, in a new place, and is now exploring the world. Ultimate free spirit and the definition of a G.O.A.T.

What's one thing we wouldn't know from seeing a photo of you?
Externally, I can easily be perceived as a laid back, longhaired, ditzy guy. In reality, I can be quite intellectual, intentional, and LOVE having serious, deep conversations with people.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
Devon Pinto. Devon just absolutely loves life and constantly radiates good vibes. He is always smiling and so am I.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
I can navigate anyone and every social scenario. I understand I will be a target for people, and I do not take that lightly. I will get rid of anyone I view as a threat to me, without moral qualms. At the same time, I will be intentional in trying to remain more in the background and not viewed as a threat. Finally, if it came to life or death in a challenge, my smarts, physical ability, and focus will always make me a fierce competitor.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
I can navigate anyone and every social scenario. I understand I will be a target for people, and I do not take that lightly. I will get rid of anyone I view as a threat to me, without moral qualms. At the same time, I will be intentional in trying to remain more in the background and not viewed as a threat. Finally, if it came to life or death in a challenge, my smarts, physical ability, and focus will always make me a fierce competitor.

Hopefully he can tell the difference between a reward and immunity challenge before pulling a Caleb with the whole life and death thing.

• Love 2

Jeff says they'd cast someone like Jack every season if they could.  I guess he forgot they have, they were just named Ozzy, Jay, Malcolm, and Joe in previous seasons (even Jack sees the Joe comparisons coming).  Nice kid, think he could do well.

• Love 1
On 9/19/2019 at 9:39 PM, LadyChatts said:

Jeff says they'd cast someone like Jack every season if they could.  I guess he forgot they have, they were just named Ozzy, Jay, Malcolm, and Joe in previous seasons (even Jack sees the Joe comparisons coming).  Nice kid, think he could do well.

He's the 'surfer boy' archetype that survivor casts almost every year.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/07/survivor-island-of-the-idols-jack-nichting-interview/

An interview with Jack.  He thought Kellee (not Noura) was the second vote for him, as he didn't trust her 100%.  He talked to Jamal about splitting the vote in case Dean had an idol, but Jamal was convinced he didn't because he would have played it at the previous TC (which, did they ever think maybe he could have found it after that?)  He also touches on the durag moment.

And he had no idea Jamal had an idol, despite them being super close.