Bort

Team Charles vs Team Josh   POLL CLOSED

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you choose?

• Team Charles!
    • Team Josh!
    • Neither
    • Both!

I thought it would be fun to reset this poll and see if people's opinions have changed in the two years since Charles won by a landslide (screencap of previous results below).

image.png.6637810cda07bcec845c3ac2066ca5ea.png

Always been Team Josh. I would LOVE for this show to go the unexpected route and have Liza and Josh be endgame. Charles is just so, so safe and boring and predictable. They have never truly closed the door on Liza and Josh and if they ended up getting together I would cheer heartily. 

I am Team 'get Jeffrey Dean Morgan on the show for the final season and have Liza ride off into the sunset with him' like TGW almost did. This is the first show that made me abandon ship, but tbh I was only on Team Charles because I never liked Josh.

The show could actually make her end up with neither one.  I can see that happening given that neither of these guys feels to me like her true endgame even if I try to look at the show with neutral eyes.  I'm thinking about SATC where it was so obvious for years that Carrie's true love was Big.  Not so here.  It's obvious that Liza has her misgivings about Charles and even with Josh she seems to have transitioned over into big sister territory, not "he's the love of my life".  And in my opinion that would make her ending up with either one seem somehow not right.

I'm watching the extra youtube bits where Miriam and Peter basically have a game night. It's making me realize what worked about the early seasons and what isn't working now with Team Charles. They're not playing to his strengths. Peter is not Chris Noth and Charles isn't Mr. Big. He can't do massive jerk who is still somehow compelling. The fantasy of Charles is that he looks like Peter Hermann but he's sweet and cuddly and sensitive and loves books and cares about his daughters. He's the scholarly gentleman 18th-19th century novel kind of hero, not the dashing rogue archetype. Instead, we barely see Charles' daughters but we have so much time with Gemma and publishing house drama is only driving a wedge between Charles and Liza instead of bonding them together. They should be settling into cozy domesticity, not getting off on weird roleplay and competition.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:22 AM, Yeah No said:

The show could actually make her end up with neither one.  I can see that happening given that neither of these guys feels to me like her true endgame even if I try to look at the show with neutral eyes.  I'm thinking about SATC where it was so obvious for years that Carrie's true love was Big.  Not so here.  It's obvious that Liza has her misgivings about Charles and even with Josh she seems to have transitioned over into big sister territory, not "he's the love of my life".  And in my opinion that would make her ending up with either one seem somehow not right.

If she doesn't end up with Josh I would be fine with neither. Anyone but Charles, lol.

On 2/18/2020 at 4:46 PM, aradia22 said:

They should be settling into cozy domesticity

But...zzzzzzz

The most boring and trite scenes are when Charles and Liza are making goo goo eyes at each other, or "bantering" over breakfast and whatnot. 🙄 Zero chemistry.

I still cringe and laugh derisively to myself when I think of that awful scene on the carousel.

• Love 1