Type keyword(s) to search

Whedonverse Mafia

• Start Topic

If you're going back to D2, Biz, I had a hard time believing that any two-kill could be heroic if not Buffy and made my opinion pretty public.  Silver pointed out that Oberyn was a heroic two-kill in the GoT game (the only other game I've played.)  It didn't take me long to read Wikis, listen to other posters and it's clear Paul Ballard is a heroic character- CP's been off my suspect list for a while now.  CP stays on my hero list.  And Lisin cleared caprice so unless you think Lisin was sketchy, I don't really know what to tell you. 

My compiled Hero list is NOT false.  If you want to DL me, that's cool-- but don't DL people because I said they were Heroes.  All of my reasons for ID'ing them that way are out there for everyone to see.  And Biz, you're on my Hero list, too.      

• Love 2
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 6 - Crossfire

Skye’s eye caught a movement, and she turned, at once seeing her old friend, and then also his arm raising with the sight of his weapon appearing. “No, Mike, NO!!!” she screamed, as she threw herself towards him, and took the shots full on in her abdomen, dropping to the floor like a stone. Coulson saw from the other side of the room, and yelled, “SKYE!” while Ward turned around, and seeing her on the ground, dropped to his trainee agent’s side.

“Skye, talk to me, you’re gonna be alright,” Ward said, trying to get her attention. He was distracted, and didn’t see Whiskey approach from behind him, aiming her gun at him. Trip saw, and tried to get Ward’s attention, “Grant, behind you--” but it was too late. Whiskey calmly took aim, and shot Ward in the back of his head. “For Boyd,” she seethed. He collapsed immediately onto Skye’s lifeless body.

Trip took aim, and shot Whiskey directly between the eyes. The Doll fell dead in the spot she stood. Deathlok had watched the scene unfold, and slid out the side door, with something almost like a tear in his human eye. “I’m so sorry, Skye,” he whispered as he slid out of the building.

Possible characters: 

Heroes: Coulson, May, Adelle, Victor, Fitz, Simmons, Angel, Faith, Gunn, Tara, Willow, Giles, Ballard

Villains: Garrett, Glory

Garrett could be some kind of freelancer? 

(Edited to add Ballard -- also to note that not all of these can be playing characters...)

See above to add another probable character. With the number of active players next to the list of possible characters, yes, we definitely have some NPCs.

What happens when you are so kick butt tired that you fall asleep early?

You get up early. ::giggle::

I was prepared to come in and state my suspicions about Drogo and see where they landed, but SVNBob came and and pretty much stated them for me. I will add a couple of things that will explain my decision to join SVNBob's lynch.  Note to self ... always let SVNBob have a chance to come in and make a statement.  Villain or hero, I do enjoy his musings.  ::giggle::

First ... I have been suspecting of Drogo for quite a while, just had nothing to go on clue wise, so didn't want to start a lynch. But he put the proverbial final nail in the coffin when he went after SS with a DL for no other reason then her well thought out writings against Dougal (at least that is what it looked like from my side of the fence).

Second ... I don't know if caprice is villain or hero, but I felt it very interesting that during the same lynch (against Dougal), she went after Drogo ... now, that made me pause.  Either she was villain and wanted the scent to come off of Dougal, or she was hero and knew something, saw the vote was headed for what she knew was a villain and decided to give us heroes someone else to consider after that lynch was done.  I am opting for the latter.

Third ... I have tangled with Drogo before.  ::giggle::

I like to let myself sleep in after being so kick-butt tired, but....

Yeah, Bob usually has interesting things to add to the conversation. I'm glad he's let us know about his weird scheduling issues so that we don't jump to the conclusion that he's avoiding us by not posting during the same hours most of the rest of us are here.

For myself, it's pretty well known among those of us who played at TWoP that it takes me for-freaking-ever to find any sort of clue. Hell, in another TJ game, he once gave me the power to know what paragraph the clues were in... and it still didn't work. Still, I keep looking and sometimes I'm able to put something together by things people do. Why did I start a lynch on Drogo? I've been fairly vocal in the past about not liking to see discussion go only in one direction and yes, I thought there was something worth discussing when it came to Mr. Smokey Eye.

And look at us today. There are others who agree.

My thinking is because we know that SilverStormm wasn't recruited, Jesse. If there were 6 villains to start with, a 7th recruitable would have been stacking the deck against the heroes.

ETA: I crossposted again.

I didn't think the egavasc clue was any more valid than the CuriousParker one. It was when she mentioned that she'd missed the Athena (iirc) DL because she took a nap, that I decided to make a precision strike and hope for the best.

Given the actions of last night, I do believe there is a rogue agent, most likely this Deathlok, whoever that is. Hey, I only watched Buffy and Angel.

• Love 2

Not that it matters much at this point, I guess, but can villains be recruitable? If so, Deathlok is a prime suspect for that (Mike is a good guy, actually), and it kind of balances out Ward? 

• Love 2

So... at this point, I feel like if Drogo is in fact a villain, tomorrow is going to be victory Day for the Heroes. I hope I'm not the only one understanding what's happening right now.

• Love 1

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT:

Votes at they stand are 

3 to DL Drogo (SVNBob, BizBuzz, JayKay) 3 to see if Biz is right and Drogo really is another five letter name

We are a little over halfway done the Day. Remember that 50% of players (5 of you) must vote before the end of Day to grant the 24-hour extension.

END ANNOUNCEMENT. Now I shall prepare for SHIELD's follow-up to Age of Ultron tonight :D

• Love 2

So... at this point, I feel like if Drogo is in fact a villain, tomorrow is going to be victory Day for the Heroes. I hope I'm not the only one understanding what's happening right now.

Help? I don't know what this means.

• Love 2

I see what you're saying, JayKay.  You think there's one villain left and you think that villain is me...  whereas I'd say there are two villains left.  More likely a villain and a SK due to the 2 kills.  And I'd say they're not me. [*Two heroes were killed last night, and one villain didn't do that.] 

[[ Just throwing this out there before you guys waste today's DL on me, and see (no doubt) 1 or 2 more heroes killed tonight... ]]

JayKay brought up Lady Calypso's name yesterday (the only person to do so) and suddenly Night comes and Lady Calypso's dead.  

Also, that whole "pinot" means pinecone thing yesterday was unforgettable.  I know many noticed that and I'm sure there's doubt in many minds as there is in mine.  

I don't have someone to vouch for me, but I have no doubt in my mind based on her activities today that JayKay is either a SK or a villain.  And whether I'm wrong or right, I'll willingly start my own DL tomorrow and I welcome you all to join it if you still see fit.  [You know I'll do it, too. Hand to the Mafia goddesses.]  

3 to DL Drogo (SVNBob, BizBuzz, JayKay) 3 to tell me to DroGo-to-hell

1 to DL JayKay (Drogo), 5 to play a fun new game called "SKs Never Prosper"

• Love 1

BizBuzz, it means that for reasons I've heavily hinted at and Lady Calypso's death revealed, the villains really, REALLY would prefer for my fellow heroes to kill Deathlok for them.

Hey, Jesse, any reason in particular you don't suspect Drogo, or does he just seem like an alright guy from the short time you've known him?

And, actually, no, Drogo. I said in an earlier post that I think there are two villains. Never, ever suspected that there's only one left.

Heroes, vote for Drogo. We've got them.

• Love 2

Hey, Jesse, any reason in particular you don't suspect Drogo, or does he just seem like an alright guy from the short time you've known him?

I actually do suspect Drogo, but was enjoying the discussion! We might as well use some of the Day time, right? 

4 to DL Drogo (SVNBob, BizBuzz, JayKay, Jesse) 2 to finish it off

• Love 2

Don't fall for it, Jesse.  If you hadn't voted for me immediately, you'd be next on the list.  You still might be, even though you did what she wanted.  ;)

• Love 1

Nah, I've been encouraging of discussion all game. I even volunteered to close the CuriousParker vote so that we'd have more time to discuss. But your "little friend" put an end to that. "FU Anonymous," Drogo? What an outrageously rude thing to say to someone. Doesn't seem like you. Unless you're both in on the joke.

We've got plenty of time for discussion. But I only become more sure the more I think about it.

• Love 2

Well, I have a very dumb question.

Why does it matter that PhotoFox & Spruce vouched for each other?  I mean couldn't they be villains and still say yeah, we're heroes?

I'd also like to point out that when I was on the villain team (a few games ago), we talked about pointing the finger at a fellow villain to keep the rest of us safe.

I'd like an answer to the PF and Spruce question before I vote.

Well, I have a very dumb question.

Why does it matter that PhotoFox & Spruce vouched for each other?  I mean couldn't they be villains and still say yeah, we're heroes?

I'd also like to point out that when I was on the villain team (a few games ago), we talked about pointing the finger at a fellow villain to keep the rest of us safe.

I'd like an answer to the PF and Spruce question before I vote.

You know, that's an excellent question, CP. Because you're right -- they COULD just be saying they're heroes and we'll never know until the end of the game. 

To be honest, when JayKay posted her three "clues" the other day and had "coyote ->Wile Coyote -> wily -> Calypso," that was a major WTF moment for me. When I think "wily," I think of foxes and coyotes and foxes are related, so... there's that.

• Love 2

TY CP. I was wondering the same thing. I am torn. I also am not sure who Buzz is which makes me feel dense. I have abstained from the heroes who wre lynched and hung a villain. Hopefully that shows my heroic side, even if I don't show up on any of your lists.

I will be back in a couple of hours and cast my lot.

• Love 2

To be honest, when JayKay posted her three "clues" the other day and had "coyote ->Wile Coyote -> wily -> Calypso," that was a major WTF moment for me. When I think "wily," I think of foxes and coyotes and foxes are related, so... there's that.

Well, I was wrong about it so that's a fair reaction. I watched a lot of Looney Tunes as a kid and Wile E Coyote is always what I think of when I hear coyote. *cue me running off the side of a cliff*

Considering that Fitzsimmons are still alive, I guess I just figured it was them. But I don't know.

• Love 2

TY CP. I was wondering the same thing. I am torn. I also am not sure who Buzz is which makes me feel dense. I have abstained from the heroes who wre lynched and hung a villain. Hopefully that shows my heroic side, even if I don't show up on any of your lists.

Machiabelly, TBH, you and Jesse didn't make my earlier Hero list because someone had to be villainous and I was taking a few folks' word as fact.

CP's post above makes me question just trusting a vouch. If I take those out, the only Hero characters I'm positive about are CP and caprice. One was cleared by our investigator and the other was cleared by story.

p.s. Biz has implied she's Buffy's man Angel. :)

Well, I was wrong about it so that's a fair reaction. I watched a lot of Looney Tunes as a kid and Wile E Coyote is always what I think of when I hear coyote. *cue me running off the side of a cliff*

Considering that Fitzsimmons are still alive, I guess I just figured it was them. But I don't know.

I think drawing "Wile E. Coyote" from coyote is understandable. I just don't see where Calypso comes in.

I think I posted yesterday or the day before that wily reminds me of foxes. Or maybe I just thought it. In my head.

• Love 1

I can understand why you might doubt me - there have been times in the past when it seemed like I was doing villainous things, but it wasn't me! Real me has always been a hero.

But if you must DL one of us, take me, not Spruce. I can't stand to lose him again...

• Love 2

I think drawing "Wile E. Coyote" from coyote is understandable. I just don't see where Calypso comes in.

On the entomology section of the Calypso wiki page, it said that one of the possible meanings was "wily."

I've learned such a vast amount of trivia from trying to play this game, that I'm basically obligated to donate to Wikipedia next time they have a fund drive.

• Love 2

While I don't understand the Calypso/coyote connection and she was exposed as a Hero tonight anyway, "wily" makes me think of foxes. But I know photo fox has at least one other player who can vouch for her Hero status.

At least I didn't imagine it. ;)

• Love 1
(edited)

All right, PF I think I'm on board with who you "say" you are.  

5 to DL Drogo (SVNBob, BizBuzz, JayKay, Jesse, CuriousParker) 1 to finish it off

FWIW, I don't trust JayKay either. :)

Edited by Guest
Forgot to use BOLD!

I'm not sure who to believe, and I feel woefully ignorant about these shows, but...

6 to DL Drogo (SVNBob, BizBuzz, JayKay, Jesse, CuriousParker, photo fox) 0 to protect my love

• Love 2

On the entomology section of the Calypso wiki page, it said that one of the possible meanings was "wily."

Now that I'm a ghost: whoooo, spooky Calypso bugs!

Entomology (from Greek ἔντομος, entomos, "that which is cut in pieces or engraved/segmented", hence "insect"; and -λογία, -logia) is the scientific study of insects, a branch of arthropodology.

:)

• Love 3

9:00 am and I am home from work waiting for a plumber. Since I think my sink is regurgitating my upstairs neighbors dishwasher water.

A bloody Caesar for breakfast? Don't mind if I do.

• Love 2

Night 6 - Release
LA Dollhouse

“Valor. Integrity. Occasionally a bit flaky, but always meant well, and was always kind. These words describe our dear friend Wesley, taken from us too soon.” Giles motioned towards the empty chair. “So we leave this place empty in his honor.” Simmons and Adelle both nodded their agreements before taking up their teacups. Giles did too, and had just taken a sip, when Willow and Tara came bursting in. “Giles!” “Girls, I’m in the middle of something-” “I might know how to beat Glory!” Willow cut in. Tara frantically nodded too, as she started “All of that research you had us on-”

“-gave me an idea! If Glory’s a god, maybe something equally as powerful is needed to hurt her!” Willow’s eyes lit up and she smiled a broad smile, the first real one since Buffy had died. “That troll god’s hammer should work. It’s still at the Magic Box!” Giles replied “But only someone with that kind of godly power should be able to wield it.” Simmons scoffed at that. “Like Thor’s hammer? I highly doubt there are two-” “Do you have anyone with that kind of power on your side?” Adelle interrupted.

“Me and Faith can go see, I mean, she is the Slayer now right?” Willow asked. “She’d be our best bet, since we don’t have Buf- anyone else,” she haltingly concluded. Giles tilted his head as he thought. “It’s worth a chance. Call her up here.” Tara nodded and went to fetch Faith. Within a few minutes the two girls were walking back into the room (the tea drinkers taking the chance to indulge some more). “You’re sure you can teleport there and find Glory all right?” Giles inquired.

Arms hugging Tara before releasing her and taking Faith’s hand, Willow nodded. “I’m good at teleporting things now. We’ll be back before you know it.” With a flash of light, the girls vanished from the room. Both Simmons and Adelle nearly choked on their tea. “She can DO that!?” the young scientist asked in disbelief. Giles smirked as he drank his tea. “You have no idea.”
~~~
A construction site, Sunnydale
Glory watched as her demon minions constructed the tower and made preparations. Once she had the Key, a certain ritual had to be done to open the portal home. “Come on, we have a time limit here!” Glory yelled, examining her nails while she refused to help. “I think you’re out of time” came a defiant voice from behind her. Glory laughed and turned to see-

Buffy?? The hell goddess stepped back in shock. “Didn’t I kill you??” she said, more worry creeping into her voice than she intended. Buffy just smirked. “Guess not.” The demons stopped their work and looked frighteningly between the two blondes. Glory looked over them, exasperated. “Get her!” The demons looked to attack Buffy, but they were cut off by the arrival of Angel, Gunn, Willow, Tara, Anya, and Xander. The group formed a circle, using Buffy’s stash of weapons to hold them off. Xander and Anya fought close together, as did Willow and Tara. Glory screamed about their incompetence before remembering Buffy. She turned back to engage the other blonde only to be met with a punch to the face. So Glory snarled and started fighting back against Buffy.

The two traded blows for quite some time before Glory had the advantage. She had gotten behind Buffy and had her arm in a tight hold. Glory twisted, which should have broken Buffy’s arm. Instead, with the sound of rending metal, Glory found herself holding the arm, sparking wires on the end. Glory looked at it in disbelief. “A robot!? Did everybody else know the Slayer was a robot!?”

“Really not the brightest god in the heavens, are you?” Glory turned at the voice only to met with the business end of a hammer. She sailed back into a wall, dropping the robotic arm, and fell to the ground. Already a bit winded from fighting Buffy - rather, from fighting the robot that looked like her - Glory looked up to see a dark-haired girl wielding the hammer. “I’m the new Slayer, all girl. And the one that’s gonna kick your ass.”

“Oh yeah?” Glory taunted, getting back to her feet. Except Faith leaped over and resumed pummeling her with the hammer. Every time Glory tried to get back up or reach out to attack Faith, she was smacked again and again. Faith laughed. “I only wish B was here to see you get the thrashing you deserve.” The beating continued for several continuous minutes and then Glory yelled out “Stop!!”

“You’re a god, make it stop!” Faith bit back in reply. She stood over Glory, pounding down on her with the hammer again and again. Glory’s eyes rolled as blood was emerging from the places Faith was beating her. “N-no…” Glory said in a shaky voice. And suddenly, right where she was laying, the beaten body of Ben Wilkinson laid instead. Faith quickly pulled back the hammer, looking around in confusion. “What the heck? When did you get here, Ben? Where did Glory go?” Ben just coughed and tried to get up. “Don’t worry about that...help me…” Then they were quiet as Faith tried to figure out what had happened.

From the ground nearby, the Buffybot picked up its detached arm. “I must tell Spike that the surprise worked. He will be so pleased.”

Living Players
1. BizBuzz
2. Machiabelly
3. The Crazed Spruce
4. Drogo
5. caprice
6. JayKay
7. SVNBob
8. photo fox
9. CuriousParker
10. Jesse

Killed in Classic Whedon Style
NPC-Bennett Halverson, a HERO. Could have killed you with her brain, if Joss didn’t so enjoy killing characters in front of their loved ones
NPC-Joyce Summers, a HERO. She was a good mom.
Oinky Boinky-Buffy Summers, a HERO and LOVER. The Slayer and a damn good one. Her nemesis-turned-ally Faith brought her first love Angel back to her. Could communicate with ANGEL outside of the game.
TMunz-Cordelia Chase, a HERO and SEER. Had changed since she was last in Sunnydale, and was still learning to work with her new gift. A reformed ‘mean girl,’ the snark remained strong with her. Was told each Night via her visions where the clues in the previous two stories were.
egavasc-Ian Quinn, a VILLAIN and JUST A PRETTY FACE. A rich and powerful enemy of SHIELD. He had become a part of Rossum’s plans to take over the world. Without any exceptional skills, however, he mainly paid for things and helped scheme.
MarkHB-Echo/Caroline Farrell, a HERO and JACK OF ALL TRADES. All of her various imprints had left her with many skills. Each Night, had the option of gaining an extra life, doing a full investigation, or protecting someone else. Each of these powers was ONLY 1 use each. (That is, if she used the extra life and was attacked that Night, she would survive but could not use the extra life again.)
Athena-Lilah Morgan, a VILLAIN and DEALMAKER. As Vice President of Special Projects at Wolfram & Hart, handled a lot of shady dealings. Had a contentious relationship with Angel Investigations in the past, but had been known to put feelings aside to work for a ‘greater good.’ Of course, it WAS her definition of ‘greater good’ so YMMV!  Had an extra 'anonymous' vote to cast for Day lynches; could PM it to us during the time the Day lynch was taking place. (This was in addition to her original vote under her screen name.)
Lisin-Wesley Wyndham-Price, a HERO and EMPATH. As a former member of the Watchers Council, he had seen more than his share of paranormal events. Was adjusting to being the ‘right hand’ at Angel Investigations, and sometimes struggled with holding back from taking the lead. Each Night, could PM us to find out the alignment of another player.
Dougal-Boyd Langton, a VILLAIN and HANDLER. Started working at the L.A. Dollhouse but was actually the head of Rossum, trying to take over the world. His work as a handler for actives led him to become quite protective of those he worked with. Each Night, could PM us the name of 1 other person to protect from harm (via kill that Night and DL the next Day). Could not protect the same person twice in a row.
Lady Calypso-Skye, a HERO and IDENTITY INVESTIGATOR. A hacker that was great at research of public knowledge. Each Night, could PM us the name of someone she’d like to investigate, and we would tell her their identity but not their alignment. She had to judge that for herself.
SilverStormm-Grant Ward, a RECRUITABLE HERO. The shady member of Coulson’s team. Had a lot of loyalty to John Garrett, his original Superior Officer. If he sought out Ward to work with him (investigated him), Ward would join the Villains.
NPC-Whiskey, a VILLAIN. Mainly included because TJ wanted ONE of Amy Acker’s roles in the game.

24 hours for Night actions. Please get them in by 12:30 PM Eastern on Thursday. (The sooner the better, of course!) There was 1 clue in the story. Hope you all enjoyed it - stacey is away so this one was all me. *goes and hides*

• Love 1
(edited)

And just like that, I'll switch from Inconceivable Cabernet to As You Wish White. 

SilverStormm get over here & share this new bottle with me!  :)

Edited by Drogo

*lines up shots down bar, on the floor, out the door and along the car hoods parked outside*

Drogo, should I drink these or do you want them?

• Love 2