Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E18: Dark Ship

• Start Topic

At the end of the episode, I think Keith's decision to have Monte captain the next trip was as much or more about him needing a break from the boat as it was about giving Monte the opportunity.   The Wizard had a horrible season, in every way but catching their quota.

I'm glad Jake made the decision to ride out the weather.  It was a mature choice.  Too bad he was punished with the loss of the anchor.

It seems like Discovery is switching to have the Hansen's be the dynasty on the show rather Phil and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.   Sig and Mandy are MUCH more interesting than the wannabe co-captain.  She's looking to learn and growing in her skills.  The interactions between the two of them are interesting, especially when you recall how Sig interacted with Jake Anderson.  He has respect for Mandy that he never had for Jake, partially because Jake's someone unstable and can be an idiot at times, I suspect, but also because of the family ties.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, terrymct said:

It seems like Discovery is switching to have the Hansen's be the dynasty on the show rather Phil and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.   Sig and Mandy are MUCH more interesting than the wannabe co-captain.  She's looking to learn and growing in her skills.  

Thank goodness for this!!!  And when is the last time we saw HWSNBN out on the deck sorting and counting actual crabs????  Or doing any other real work?

• Love 4

I'd bet a lot that Jake lost the anchor and knew it well before we saw him order it weighed.  There would have been a noticeable change in the handling of the F/V at the point the anchor snapped.  It looked like they were already steering the F/V when Jake seemed to be torn abut making a decision.  Edits are always dicey on this show, though.  YMMV.

I was stunned that we got zero narration about the Wizard being in peril 5000000000 bazillion miles from Dutch.  Credit to Disco for not overhyping the generator and hydraulic issues.  

They did play fast and loose with filling quotas.  The Wizard most certainly had to go back out.  Mouse's trip, right?  But, the NW?  They may have filled the tanks, but that was a very odd edit to not emphasize their season was over.  What is Disco up to?

Sig gave Mandy specific orders to place the pots.  On his worst day, Jake A. would have crushed it every bit as much as Mandy did.  But, Mannnndy used her 6th sense!  Puhleaze.  

Again, no CM!    

• Love 1