Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: What Was It You Wanted

• Start Topic

I catch this show occasionally  .. but, ugh .. what a load of tropes it is. 

This episode featured  over-the-top reiterations of being a BFF, friends being there for one another, and friends needing to trust one another. I suppose at a certain age, the friendship thing becomes sort of an obsession (the CW target audience age?). 

I think a version of this scene was repeated about three times: Jax comforts Pillar in their room.  Jax tells Pillar that she will 'figure this thing out, no matter what'.  Then Jax leaves or falls asleep or something so Pillar can once again disappear. It's the future - yet people can't be located any better than in our current time? 

Pillar is supposedly the arrogant (confident?) type who doesn't understand that it is considered rude to talk about yourself as being beautiful and smarter than others. Yet we don't see much evidence of Pillar being very smart. (Probably because the show is obligated to have Jax save the day, every day.) 
Would not a truly smart person understand that creating more friends than enemies (intentionally or not) is the smart move? 

Nitpicking this show is so easy it seems unfair - - and Pandora is clearly not aimed for people like myself. Maybe eons ago I would have thought this was the best show, ever. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • LOL 1

I mentioned the possibility of Pilar having a backdoor last episode, is the show smart enough to link Parallax's spying through Pilar to the thieves that destroyed/altered the data of the "black box". Pilar needs to get a cybernetic butt plug to fill her backdoor, maybe one that vibrates to let her know that intruders are trying to gain access. Pilar having the code for the Parallax backdoor, could make for some interesting story lines.

Random comments about the episode:

Jax smart enough to find the backdoor code in Pilar programming. Yeah Right!

Why wouldn't every human have small cybernetic enhancements like auditory, visual, and memory.

You would think that human friends that have cybernetic enhancements would be sending messages to each other all the time, how was Jet able to fake it.

Were they going for the WestWorld vibe where the nude robots have zero sex appeal (Thandie Newton not included). Did the acting and directing allow Pilar to have zero sex appeal when nude or is it just that Pilar has zero sex appeal whether nude or clothed. This is funny considering that Pilar, Jet and Xander claimed Pilar was desirable this episode.

Now everybody in Jax's crew has an adversary that wants to turn them into a slave, one physically, one mentally, and one physically and mentally. Ralen's adversary could be everybody at the academy that is not Zatarian or that guy from the space pirates that was hooked on drugs.

I think it is about time they let us in on what Jax really is, so they can widen the character base.

• Love 1

Jax yells so much, it's really kind of offputting.

The music was so loud during this episode -- I know they were in the Black Hole bar for a lot of it, but if the music was that loud in the bar they WOULD HAVE BEEN YELLING AT EACH OTHER.

Looks like mylar balloon technology hasn't progressed much in nearly 200 years.

As for Jett, I agree that his hacker friends would have figured out he was a fake a long time ago.
But it's disappointing to see that acting like an A-hole hasn't gone away by 2199.

Of course it was the evil Parallax Corp that was responsible for the back door exploit.

Is there anyone on staff at the Fleet Academy that doesn't know that Jax is Code name Pandora ?

Still no mention of the timey-wimey wormhole on New Portland.

• Love 1
On 8/21/2019 at 8:48 AM, AnimeMania said:

Pilar needs to get a cybernetic butt plug to fill her backdoor, maybe one that vibrates to let her know that intruders are trying to gain access.

I can't stop giggling like I'm twelve.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1