Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Waiting Room

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

The way I feel this show and its participants overall is this: I guess do what makes you happy, but I'm really tired of every woman trying to look the same--huge fake boobs, huge fake ass, small waist from "waist training" and liposuction, long extensions, a face completely and absolutely caked in makeup. It's exhausting to look at, much less contemplate undertaking. I can't be bothered to wear more than mascara and something to cover my blue under-eye circles.

I place blame heavily on "the media", which is now social media and the celebrities behind it. I used to have to contend with only magazines, TV and movies.

Your everyday woman just doesn't look like a Kardashian (*shudder*) or other heavily "sponsored" "influencer" on Instagram. Nor does that woman have the money for that. The median household income (as in, two-plus people) in the U.S. was $56,516 in 2015 . No one's getting a "mommy makeover" on those kinds of funds. The images we're all inundated with are just not realistic, and this kind of input has long been proven to be detrimental to young girls.

I know--I could just turn off the show. I do watch it for escape. I watch it because I hate my own nose that has always been big, and developed a hump after being broken. I watch it with a critical feminist eye. It's my only TV guilty pleasure that I'm ashamed to say I watch, except to you fine folks.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 3

I agree it is exhausting watching this show sometimes. I noticed that it's mostly Terry's patients who want either giant breasts or a huge butt. A lot of the patient's end up looking really bad. I don't think Terry does a great job on them. He always oblige's them by giving them a breast size that is way too big for them. The woman ends up having breasts that hang low and look really hard. 

• Love 1