Type keyword(s) to search

Two Sentence Horror Stories - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Really good episode, super super icky though! Cora eating the girls skin was just...ugh gross gross gross. Sad that Mia didn't make it, but the other women sure did get their revenge, and Cora really got hit hard by the karma stick. 

Also a very good use of the two sentence story this week. I am a bit sad only getting to watch one episode this week, but I am mostly glad that they're spacing them out so we can enjoy the season for longer. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Episode 2.10 - "Manifest Destiny" - (8:30-9:00 p.m. ET)

HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF - An Indigenous man faces dark history when he and his girlfriend visit an Old West reenactment for their podcast. Joel Oulette, Christie Burke, Brian Cyburt and Steve Bacic star. Kimani Ray Smith directed the episode written by Ryan Harris and Migizi Pensoneau.

Bolding is mine. I'm excited to see Joel Oulette. He also plays the lead on Trickster (also currently airing on The CW) and he's a cutie and a pretty decent actor. I'm glad to see him getting more roles. 

• Love 2

Episode 2.07 - "Essence"

Although I know this would ruin the story, it would make more sense to put maids in the other top salons and collect the scraps from them, you would spread out the sicknesses caused to their clients while continuing to have the best salon results and reviews. You can charge the highest prices and your workers stay safe and healthy.

Mina seems to be very clumsy.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Episode 2.07 - "Essence"

Although I know this would ruin the story, it would make more sense to put maids in the other top salons and collect the scraps from them, you would spread out the sicknesses caused to their clients while continuing to have the best salon results and reviews. You can charge the highest prices and your workers stay safe and healthy.

Mina seems to be very clumsy.

I didn’t see the clients getting sick, just the employees. Weren’t the scraps from the employees?

• Love 1

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I have never, ever, under any circumstances, wanted to work in or hang around a morgue. Those long, empty hallways with the flickering lights. Nope. Nope, nope, nope, nope. The scene with the girl locked in that room was pretty intense, too. 

But wow, what an emotional ending. I liked the interaction between her and Antonio throughout. 

• Love 1

The scene with the little girl getting locked in the storage was so damn scary, and I don't know if the twist at the end makes it better or worse. I am normally really good at guessing the "they were a ghost all along" twist, but this one totally got me. So not only was Antonio a ghost, but pretty much everyone was a ghost, except for the mom. The interactions between Antonio and the daughter were really nice, especially in retrospect, as he was trying to get her to move on, even if I suppose she isn't there yet. 

Very creepy, but also very emotional. This is why I don't fuck with morgues. Ghosts everywhere. 

• Love 2

While I kind of guessed everyone was dead from the start with the exception of the mom, I still enjoyed it. Morgues are very creepy. It makes me want to find my "Tru Calling" DVDs, heh. 

So next week is the one hour season finale already? I'm sad but also, I have so many shows to watch, I don't mind a little break. They just better give us a third season. 

• Love 2

This was a weak episode for me. I guessed that the little girl was a ghost from the start. I’ve seen enough movies set in morgues (like the “Autopsy of Jane Doe”) not to find this episode scary. The little girl was a good actress though.

"Ibeji" - Strange little story. The demon was a bit hokey-looking and yet also creepy all at the same time. I kept thinking of "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" every time I saw him, along with that book of fairy tales. 

I liked the interaction between the sisters, and the way Eneh tried to help her sister. And now that makes three shows I watch that have touched on the issue of mistreatment of black people in hospitals. I'm glad that issue is getting a lot more attention and discussion on TV. 

"Manifest Destiny" - Ooooh, that was quite the cruel little twist at the end there. Rosalie deserved that fate. I'm glad Jeremy was able to get away in the end, and the two sentences themselves...talk about timely. One hell of a way to sum up that story. Some creepy moments throughout with the bodies scattered about, too. 

Can't believe the season is over already! Onward to season three, then :). 

• Love 3

Manifest Destiny: Chad and Jeremy were a singing duo from the Sixties. Made me laugh. Yeah, I’m glad Jeremy and the other two got away. Chad and Claire were dumb but not bad. 
Ibeji: I liked this episode, too. But who was the woman sleeping on the couch in Eneh’s office?

• Love 2

Weirdly enough, I think that this show is often more like the original Twilight Zone than the actual Twilight Zone reboot is. It does a great job at mixing social issues and the human experience with horror stories and the otherworldly. I am sad that this season went by so fast, already looking forward to season three! 

I really felt the bond between the two sisters in the first episode, and the big fight against the monster at the end, especially with the paralyzed sister appearing to her nurse sister, was quite epic and exciting. So I guess they just split the stroke between them, and now they have twin powers? The monster managed to look a bit silly while also being creepy, I don't know what this shows budget is, but I cant imagine its huge, and they do a lot with what they have. Interesting that both this show another one that I watch, The Good Doctor, both had episodes about how people of color often do not get proper treatment in the medical system, I am glad to see people talking more about the issue. Also glad that we ended on a nice note with the sisters running the hospice. 

The second one sure took a lot of turns, and that last one was a real karmic twist of fate. Yeah, that's a pretty messed up thing to do to someone, let alone your boyfriend, even if cursed murder clothes didn't end up getting involved. So did the title of the episode not only refer to Manifest Destiny, as in the 19th century idea that it was good and right for white people to take the American West, but also in Rosalee thinking that it was her right to use Jeremys story for her own means? Am I reaching? Really good episode, it was super intense, and even before the curse/ghosts activated and the killing began, the episode had this really unnerving atmosphere, the town just felt so off even before we found out its bloody history. I am really glad that Jeremy survived, as well as Claire and Chad. They were dumb but not really bad people, and more ignorant than malicious the way that Rosalee turned out to be. Hopefully they learned a hell of a lesson about historical revisionism

I think my favorite episodes of the season were Bagman, My Sister Needs To Talk, and Manifest Destiny, but I thought they were all very solid, not a dud in the bunch.  

• Love 3

I too can't believe the season is over already. 

I really enjoyed both episodes. They were probably my favourite of the season, along with Bagman, and I'm glad we finished strong. 

I found the first of the two to be especially creepy. 

I can't wait for season 3!

• Love 3

‘Queen Sugar’s Lisa Morales Set As Showrunner Of Season 3 Of The CW’s ‘Two Sentence Horror Stories’

Queen Sugar writer and producer Lisa Morales is joining the anthology horror series for its third season as showrunner and exec producer.

The series originated as a five-episode short-form digital series 2SH on go90 in October 2017 before moving to CW Seed in October 2018. That led to the full-length version, which launched on The CW in August 2019 and the second ten-part series just ended on February 16.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Attend #WarnerMediaRISE  https://rise.warnermedia.com/  

The Warner Media RISE event goes live March 16-18 at 11 am Eastern Standard Time.

Day 3 (March 18): Culture in Motion

2:30PM ET | 50 MIN

STAGE 13 PRESENTS: 'TWO SENTENCE HORROR STORIES': USING HORROR TO ADDRESS SOCIETAL ISSUES

Season 2 of Stage 13’s critically-acclaimed psychological horror anthology series 'Two Sentence Horror Stories' is currently airing on The CW. Featuring a different sub-genre of horror in each episode, the series subverts classic horror tropes by centering everyday people and diverse perspectives, tapping into universal primal fears while tackling provocative social and cultural issues that exist within our modern society. The New York Times has said the series’ “roster of writers, directors, and characters is more diverse than you’ll find in just about any other broadcast-network show.” Our panel of writers, directors, and executives, will dive into how horror is used to address societal issues such as school shootings, medical neglect, inhumane warehouse conditions, and drug addiction. It will also discuss how the series, which began as a short form digital series in 2017, has consistently prioritized diversity in front of and behind the camera, and continues that tradition as season 3 is currently being written. Vera Miao, Creator and Executive Producer Chase Joynt, Director, “Elliot” Kimani Ray Smith, Director, “Bag Man” & “Manifest Destiny” Melody Cooper, Writer, “Ibeji” & “Quota” Elaine Chin, SVP, Scripted Content, Stage 13 Moderator: Crystal Ro, Senior Editor, Buzzfeed

All content featured within the WarnerMedia Rise experience will be made available to the public until March 20.

Addition:

The video of the panel is already available, go to "Content on Demand" and go down to the "Stage 13" section. There is also a scary background "Two Sentence Horror Stories" pic in the "Digital Drops" section.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 2

Two Sentence Horror Stories Season 3      S03.E01: Crush

OUR HOUSE IS FILLED WITH MEMORIES... - Living amongst their hoard of forgotten memories, elderly twin sisters Mabel and Jane are at each other's throats until they find a common enemy. Jacqueline Robbins, Joyce Robbins and Matthew Kevin Anderson star. Kailey & Sam Spear directed the episode written by Amy Do Thurlow.

Original Airdate:  January 16   9-9:30 p.m.      CW 

Two Sentence Horror Stories Season 3      S03.E02: Plant Life

IT'S DANGEROUS TO IGNORE MOTHER NATURE... - A technology-addicted man receives a strange plant from his boyfriend, but soon experiences disturbing changes to his mind and body as the plant takes root in his apartment. Donald Heng, Michael Ayres and Allyson Grant star. Vera Miao directed the episode written by Stephanie Adams-Santos. 

Original Airdate: January 16   9:30-10 p.m.      CW 

• Love 2

Crush - "We had a disagreement."

Uh, yeah, that's putting it mildly. Damn, these sisters were ruthless in their retaliations against each other. Playing those calls from Tom, and then playing the footage of Mabel drunk, and having all those articles plastered everywhere about the incident...that's just cold. 

Everything with the rats, too, holy crap. All those boxes, combined with everything else they were hoarding, had me wondering how badly that old house must've smelled. 

"I'm going to be late for my meeting with Tom." Ah, Seth, you sealed your fate with that line. I knew what that letter was going to say about Tom, and yet it still hit emotionally anyway. I can't say I'm all that sorry about how things played out at the end. 

That was a really good episode to start off the season, I liked that one. intense and creepy as hell. Nice use of Chekov's gun, too. 

Plant Life - "You don't have time to vacuum, you don't have time to water a plant, and you don't have time for me."

"Whoa, what are you so mad about?"

Um...he kind of just told you, dude? Also, yeah, throw away Ben's plant he'd brought you, that's a really good idea. 

Really loading up on the ick factor right off the bat, too, aren't they? First the stuff with the rats in the first episode, and then all the stuff that happened to Christian's body. I liked that the story didn't go quite where I thought it would - I thought Ben's reason for buying the plant would be revealed to be a little darker, in that he was intentionally using this as a way to finally keep Christian around. He did get his wish in the end, though, so....

Good to have this show back :). Look forward to seeing how the rest of the season plays out. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I forgot this was on! I just looked on the Guide and didn't see anywhere where the episodes rerun, am I SOL? 

I don't know if they'll ever do repeats on the channel itself, no, but you can watch the episodes for free on the CW's website if you want to go that route :). 

• Useful 1

S03.E01: Crush I really liked this episode, even though I do think the ladies could use a caretaker, that cheese was aged past perfection. I read that the ladies names, Jane and Mabel was a feminine rift on Cain and Able.

S03.E02: Plant Life I wish the plant had a better motive for what it did, like to make Christian a better person/boyfriend, provide him with the perfect work/life balance. What happened would have always happened, regardless if Christian had flaws or not. I would have preferred it if the plant part of him gave him a love for the outdoors and unlimited energy during the day (when the sun shines on him), where he spends part of that time with Ben doing hikes and appreciating nature and at night the ability to work indoors, because he no longer needs to sleep (or eat much, just stay hydrated), where he can make money and indulge his tech passion side. Unfortunately they made it seem like Ben Kudzu-ed Christian so he could get the house, and I don't see how Ben would be able to afford it, since your expenses don't stop after you purchase the house, no matter how much you want to spend all of your time reading under a tree.

• Love 1

Crush: Loved it! Seth got what he deserved.

Plant Life: Christian was a workaholic, but he didn’t deserve that. Yeah, the story made it seem as if Ben intended the end result. At the very least, he was cruel to plant the man he supposedly loved into the ground like that, IMO. I kept yelling at Christian to put the plant outside of his apartment. Don’t these people watch horror movies/shows? 😏

• Love 3

There's a "one with nature" joke in here somewhere...

Its great to have the show back, this week we get one more suspenseful episode and one more gross episode. 

The first one was sort of a riff on Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, if the sisters had managed to find a common enemy. That house did look seriously gross, I cant imagine what the smell would have been like, and the sisters could certainly go below the belt when they started fighting with each other. But then they found something that they could agree on, Christian got what he deserved! 

The second one was seriously nasty, those little thorns growing out of Christian's hands were just ick. Christian might have been a workaholic who was too into his tech, but he certainly didn't deserve that. Ben certainly seemed alright with how things turned out at least, he got basically what he wanted, in the creepiest way possible. 

• Love 1

Two Sentence Horror Stories Season 3     S03.E03: Toxic
MY FRIENDS' JOKES ARE HARMLESS... - A group of high school friends enjoy one last party in the "Woods of the Damned" until a prank goes horribly wrong. Graham Verchere (Pete), Sam Robert Muik (Wes), Sean Depner (AJ), Patrick Lubczyk (Jeremy), Michael Taylor (Brendan), Robyn Daye Edwards, Nik Vasilyev, Zandara Kennedy, Mike Mitchell, Chase Nicholson, Andrew Long, Sawyer Nicholson and Kevin Haaland star. Chase Joynt directed the episode written by Liz Alper. 
Original Airdate: January 23   9-9:30 p.m.      CW 

Two Sentence Horror Stories Season 3     S03.E04: Teatime
OF ALL MY TOYS, I LOVE THIS DOLL THE BEST... - A babysitter's latest gig takes a sinister turn when she discovers the controlling little girl has a collection of evil dolls. Christina Orjalo (Babysitter Sam), Sophia Reid-Gantzert (Child Angela), Matthew James Dowden, Paula Lindberg and Rami Kahlon star. Kailey & Sam Spears directed the episode written by Stephanie Adams-Santos.
Original Airdate: January 23   9:30-10 p.m.      CW 
TWO304_0007_f.jpg
TWO304_0027_f.jpg

• Love 1

Toxic - AJ kept freaking me out with the way he just popped up out of nowhere after his death. Damn. But I mean ,you stay in an area called "Woods of the Damned", with all sorts of creepy legend and lore, what exactly did you expect, you know? 

I liked the tension involved in seeing who, if any, of the boys would survive, and how each one eventually went down. They all had their shifty sides to them, even Pete to some extent, you weren't entirely sure who to trust. And then that ending...and here I was thinking that ranger got off lucky...

Teatime - Well, that was a bleak, horrifying ending. Kids and creepy dolls - never a good combination. That whole bit with the lights going on and off was really tense and creepy, and Sam trying to help the dolls recover who they were, and the dolls turning on Angela (the creepy kid shares the same name as me, great...) was both clever and disturbing all at the same time ('cause, y'know, creepy as she is, she is still a kid). I was cheering when Sam just bolted the hell out of that house at the end.

• Love 1

S03.E03: Toxic  Who knows what they were trying to say, maybe that pranks come more from jealousy than from love. I thought it was kind of weird that they invited the girls along, but they didn't let them stay.

S03.E04: Teatime  I would have liked it better if all the damage that Angela caused was reversed when she died. The end shot could have been all the people who were dolls, including Angela's parents, hand delivering the Angela doll to Samantha. The message of the story might have been that everybody's lives get better when you stand up to evil.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

S03.E03: Toxic  Who knows what they were trying to say, maybe that pranks come more from jealousy than from love. I thought it was kind of weird that they invited the girls along, but they didn't let them stay.

Toxic was the weak episode this week. I’m not surprised the girls left. Women/girls aren’t into practical jokes, IMO, the way men/ boys are. 
What did that one kid have jammed in his mouth? 

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Reciprocity said:

It's an inhaler for asthma.

inhaler.jpg.dad1eb9c6de4464555a948106934d6b4.jpg

Wow, I didn't catch that at all, and we saw the kid using the inhaler a few times. It just looked like a plastic zippo or something. I couldn't place it.

• Love 1

I guess you cant exactly be shocked when you go to a place called "The Woods of the Damned" and have things not go well. With the practical jokes I really wasn't sure where that one was going, I thought that it would be revealed that Pete's friends were pranking him and he murdered his friend over nothing. Instead they became Deadites. 

It was so awesome when the dolls turned on that little magic brat, I have a real fear of creepy dolls so that one really got me. And then the parents have some parts of them turned into dolls, it should have been stupid but it was quite uncanny. Glad that Sam got away, I love that she just bolted the hell out of that house of horrors. Hope that she chucks that demon doll right down the disposal. 

• Love 1

Two Sentence Horror Stories: The Podcast

on Apple Podcasts

TWO SENTENCE HORROR STORIES: THE PODCAST is an immersion into the unique worlds created by each episode of the hit anthology series that features the horror genre to tackle social and cultural issues. In each episode of the podcast, our hosts sit down with Two Sentence Horror Stories creators, as well as celebrity guests, horror experts, social activists, and culture critics as they dive deep into social themes at the intersection of diverse and inclusive storytelling explored on the cult CW and Netflix series.

• Love 1

Two Sentence Horror Stories Season 3     S03.E05: Teeth
FKIybgIXEAYv5Bh?format=jpg&name=medium
BEFORE I MET YOU I WAS IN A DARK AND LONELY PLACE… – A couple leaves the city for a romantic weekend in the woods, only to find themselves the target of a group of hostile locals. Naomi King (Cara), Savannah Basley (Oliva), Trevor Lerner, Chelsea Jackson, Gainaele Royer and Shawn Stewart star. Kathleen Hepburn directed the episode written by Lisa Morales.
Original Airdate: January 30   9-9:30 p.m.      CW 

Two Sentence Horror Stories Season 3     S03.E06: The Killer Inside

Shiraz.jpg

I WANTED ALL OF HER… – A couple’s quarrel takes a dark and violent turn revealing how far one of them will go to protect the one they love. Sarah Himadeh (Shiraz), Samer Salem (Karim), Michael Benyaer (Ahmed), Irma Leong, Nilo Ghajar and Coulton Jackson star. Heidi Saman directed the episode written by Sehaj Sethi.
Original Airdate: January 30   9:30-10 p.m.      CW 

• Love 2

Teeth - So, this was in the vein of Twilight, in some respects, with the vampires vs. werewolves thing. I felt bad for Olivia, 'cause it was clear she was struggling, not just with how to tell Cara about who she was, but also with the sheer intensity of her power. Her takedown of all those guys was pretty damn brutal. 

I was genuinely worried she might turn on Cara after she called her a monster. But I like that Cara saved her from taking herself out at the end. They're gonna rule the vampire world together, it seems!

The Killer Inside - Wow, what a charming episode to watch not long after having dinner...:/. That whole operation scene. Ick. Some good tension in this one, with that opening sequence and how they flipped the scenario on the head with Shiraz being the one in control. And the ghostly winds blowing by....I thought we'd learn that her dad had been dead the whole time or something. That lurking shadow was pretty creepy. 

Shame her dad's pleas didn't work in the end. I totally get being desperate to save someone you love, but....yeah. And even though I had a sense that ending with her dad would happen, I still gasped when she found him anyway. What a thing to for her to have to live with. 

• Love 1

Teeth: I loved the episode, but, and I know vampire “rules” are all over the place, generally when a vampire turns you your aging stops. It seemed from the story she told that Olivia was a child when her mother was murdered and she was turned. So how did she become a grown-ass woman? Just a nitpick, but it took me out of the moment.

The Killer Inside: The dad dying didn’t surprise me. She should have had him meet her at the hospital. Karim dying wasn’t surprising either since Shiraz was doing complicated surgery alone. BTW, do livers beat? 😆 The “killer spirit” was weird.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 2

I caught on pretty quickly that the girl was a vampire and the gas station rednecks were werewolves pretty quickly, basically from the second she said she worked nights, but I still liked Teeth a lot, and I am glad that it got a pretty happy, if bloody, ending. I was scared that Olivia would kill herself or Cara when Cara seemingly rejected her, so I am happy that Cara accepted her. 

The Killer Inside had me guessing just about the whole time, that surgery scene was just...yuck. And the creepy spirit following her around, what even was that? Shiraz really should have listened to her father, now she did this horrible thing and lost her father anyway. Damn you dramatic irony. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

Two Sentence Horror Stories Season 3     S03.E07: Patel Motel Cartel

PUBERTY IS THE WORST. - A teen boy's strength and courage is put to the test when a mysterious stranger appears at his family's motel. Chris River (Krish), Rashi Grewal (Ahana), Dejan Loyola (JD), Munish Sharma (Ajay), Requell Jodeah (Sonya), Xavier Morrison, Hoger Abbas and Serje Basi star. Nimisha Mukerji directed the episode written by Sehaj Sethi.

Original Airdate: February 6, 2022    9-9:30 p.m.      CW 
Ahana.jpg

MV5BNGFhYzhkNzEtNTViNi00MDY4LTlkY2MtZDFj
two308-0022-f-1024x682.jpg

Two Sentence Horror Stories Season 3     S03.E08: Erased

THERE'S A STRANGER IN MY HOUSE... - A woman is determined to save her home and her family's rich Hawaiian culture from being forgotten. Mapuana Makia (Leilani), Leanne Khol Young, Eva Brooke Baker, Peter Shinkoda (Koa), Remy Marthaller (Maile), Nani Browne, Keilani Elizabeth Rose, Jason McKinnon, Irma Leong and Jonel Earl star. Albert Shin directed the episode written by Liz Alper. 

Original Airdate: February 6, 2022   9:30-10 p.m.      CW 

two309-0005-f-1024x576.jpg

two309-0013-f-1024x682.jpg
two309-0017-f-1024x682.jpg

• Love 1

Patel Motel Cartel - Ha, I appreciate that they actually took a moment to explain who the guests at the motel really were, 'cause during the whole time Krish and his family were running about and screaming and disappearing, and the lights were flickering like crazy, and especially during Krish's big fight with that guy, I was sitting here wondering what the guests staying there must've been thinking about all of this :p. 

But that certainly answers that question, then - I like that idea, the motel being a refuge for others like them. Unfortunately, as is clear, it can also attract some more dangerous threats...and I thought the ending was good, with the indication this particular threat wasn't over yet. 

I feel for Krish, too. Puberty really is the worst.

Erased - Oooooh, this one was tense as hell and creepy. I gasped when Leilani started noticing her fingers disappearing, and her neighbor crawling about in the backyard made me jump, too. And when she went to her daughter's room only to see it completely transformed, and when she was reflecting on all the happy memories with her family, that got me all emotional. That was truly heartbreaking and terrifying. The confrontation with the woman who was living in her house* reminded me of an old episode of "Night Visions" that had a somewhat similar premise, just without the "losing our culture" aspect. 

*That was a really nice house, too, I'd be fighting like hell to keep a place like that, too, both for all the obvious reasons and also just 'cause it was a lovely home in and of itself. 

And even at the end, when things looked to be back to normal, I shared in her relief and yet I was holding my breath the whole time, because I knew there was some awful twist coming. And sure enough... I really liked how this story touched on the struggles people like her and her family deal with in terms of their homes and their land and their culture disappearing and being destroyed. 

Yeah. I really liked this one. 

• Love 1

Patel: I thought at first that Mr. and Mrs. Patel were helping women escape abusive partners. Good misdirect. Should have chopped JD’s head off. Families named Patel owning motels is a real thing: https://www.indiaabroad.com/indian-americans/housekeeping-the-changing-face-of-patel-motel-in-america/article_49716f0c-5b0b-11e9-8428-13f538612673.html

Erasure: Was the point that, in preserving a culture, saving the people was more important than keeping the property? I think both are important. The disappearing limbs/body thing was creepy.

• Love 2