Type keyword(s) to search

The Hunt in the Media

• Start Topic

The Hunt is an upcoming American drama web television series set to premiere on Amazon Video. On May 17, 2018, it was announced that Amazon Video had given the production a straight-to-series order for a first season consisting of ten episodes. The series was created by David Weil who was set to executive produce alongside Jordan Peele and others.

Media here!

On 2/14/2019 at 6:07 PM, xaxat said:

That must have been a hell of a pitch by Weil and Peele to get Pacino on television.

He did Angels in America, and a number of TV movies, so it probably wasn't a HUGE stretch for this.

And the casting continues - I am really starting to get excited about this show;

‘The Hunt’: Tiffany Boone Cast In Jordan Peele’s Amazon Drama Series

Boone will play Roxy Jones, a beautiful, street smart member of Meyer’s top secret organization.

Jerrika Hinton & Lena Olin Poised To Join Amazon Drama Series ‘The Hunt’

The Hunt follows a diverse band of Nazi Hunters living in 1977 New York City. The Hunters, as they’re known, have discovered that hundreds of high ranking Nazi officials are living among us and conspiring to create a Fourth Reich in the U.S. The eclectic team of Hunters will set out on a bloody quest to bring the Nazis to justice and thwart their new genocidal plans.

Hinton is poised play Millie Malone, a gutsy FBI agent who’s marginalized in the Bureau because of her race and gender. Olin is in final talks to play a Nazi.

Some more about the show...

From the Observer;

What’s The Hunt About?

Per Amazon, “The Hunt follows a diverse band of Nazi Hunters living in 1977 New York City. The Hunters, as they’re known, have discovered that hundreds of high-ranking Nazi officials are living among us and conspiring to create a Fourth Reich in the U.S. The eclectic team of Hunters will set out on a bloody quest to bring the Nazis to justice and thwart their new genocidal plans.”

From SlashFilm;

• Al Pacino plays “Meyer Offerman,” a powerful and mysterious man who is the leader of a vigilante group known as The Hunters. He befriends Jonah after his grandmother’s murder and becomes his guide through the world of The Hunt.        
  • Logan Lerman plays “Jonah Heidelbaum,” a young man trying to find his place in the world when his Grandmother is brutally murdered in front of him.  His desire for revenge leads him to join The Hunt.    
  • Jerrika Hinton plays “Millie Malone,” a brilliant FBI agent (who also happens to be one of the first black, female agents in the bureau).  As she investigates a series of suspicious murders, she is drawn closer to the truth about The Hunters. 
  • Saul Rubinek plays “Murray Markowitz” and Carol Kane plays “Mindy Markowitz” – doting grandparents who are members of The Hunt…and weapons experts.       
  • Tiffany Boone plays “Roxy Jones,” a beautiful, street smart member of The Hunters. 
  • Louis Ozawa Changchien plays “Joe Torrance,” a Vietnam Vet who was raised in an internment camp and is now a member of The Hunters. 
  • Lena Olin plays “The Colonel,” a shadowy figure who is the mastermind behind our villains. 
  • Greg Austin plays “Travis Leich”, a fanatical young man whose adherence to the Nazi cause leads him to do whatever dirty job is necessary, no matter how murderous.   
  • Dylan Baker plays “Biff Simpson,” a cold and conniving politician. 

Tiffany Boone discusses Hunters and Little Fires Everywhere

HOW ROXY FITS IN WITH THE REST OF THE HUNTERS
“Once you watch the whole thing, you see she’s one of only technically two of the hunters that really doesn’t have a personal connection to the Holocaust. So it’s strange to just have this former Black Panther, single mom being out here, killing Nazis… At the beginning, for her, it’s about providing for her daughter. And then, because she is an activist at the end of the day, she is fighting for freedom for all people… And she slowly realizes that she has to fight for all people in order to make a better world for her daughter. [Laughs] At first, it looks a little like, ‘Why is this girl with this Afro, these bell-bottoms, this shirt zipped all the way down to her belly button, why is she out here, trying to kill Nazis?’ And then it becomes clear, once you get to know her.”

THE SIMILARITIES BETWEEN MIA AND ROXY
“Hunters is the first time I played a mother, and then I went straight into playing Mia… Growing up and having a single mom, and seeing the sacrifices that she had to make, I have so much respect for mothers in general. Both of these characters do whatever it takes to protect their child and make a better life for their child. They put their lives on the line.”

PLAYING OPPOSITE PACINO
“I already loved [Hunters] before I knew he was attached… The first scene where I actually interact with him, I’m yelling at him. After the first take, I was like — I think I said it to Louis [Ozawa], who plays Joe — I was like, ‘I just shouted at Al. Do you think I was too loud? Do you think he’s upset?’ At first, it’s really intimidating! But once you get to know Al, as an actor, he wants to be challenged… And also, he’s just the sweetest person ever.

THAT SCENE IN HUNTERS’ EPISODE 5
[A brief and gross editorial note: While Pacino’s Meyer Offerman is trying to get a suspected Nazi to talk, he tortures her by making her eat dung. Roxy is a witness.]
“First of all, the manure is hummus and food coloring and something else. But I mean, as many times as you tell yourself, ‘It’s hummus,’ it doesn’t matter: It’s still disgusting… [Pacino] improvised a lot of that scene. He would keep going five minutes after the last word was written on the page… He was trying to push Barbara [Sukowa, the actress playing the Nazi] to spit on him… [If I and co-star Josh Radnor] look confused, like ‘What the hell is happening?,’ we were not acting… [Laughs] As crazy as it seemed to you guys, it was, like, 10 times crazier in the moment.”

On 10/20/2021 at 6:58 PM, AnimeMania said:

Hunters creator is crafting a 'fitting' season 2 for 'the most villainous character in history'

Hunters season 2 filming is well underway. Filming in the U.S. is complete and filming in Europe will get underway shortly.

Stay tuned to find out what happens to Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun in Season 2.

I just saw that article today, I can't recall if I had already had heard about a second season but I am happy about it, especially the way S1 ended. And I am also exited to learn Jennifer Jason Leigh will be on board for season two!

‘Hunters’ to End With Season 2 at Amazon, Premiere Date Set

This terrible show is finally returning, Hunters Season 2,  January 13 on Prime Video. Join me and Adolph Hitler, played by Udo Kier. Watch Jennifer Jason Leigh as the legendary Nazi Hunter, Chava Apfelbaum. The final season is nigh.

Al Pacino returns for Season 2 through flashback/split timelines to show how he formed the Nazi Hunters.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 1