Type keyword(s) to search

Girls Next Door - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/9/2024 at 10:46 AM, LemonSoda said:

Late to this but “The Right Reasons” is so annoying because they were all there for exactly the same thing. Every time I try to respond to this I lose my post when the page freezes or reloads itself due to ads. 

It boils down to territorial issues. I think it bothers Holly when others speak about Playboy, Hef, or anything she sees as entering what she considers her territory and branding which again despite the fact that she left then spent years bashing that lifestyle, removing herself as far as she could from it, now it’s a huge buffet of bread and butter. Despite what she says I think in her head she’s still #1, Queen Bee of the mansion. I also think part of her regrets she never got to be the wife. She claims oh I was sooo deluded but I’ll always believe her affection was genuine. 
She hasn’t done half of the self work she claims to have because she’s still jealous, tearing down Crystal when they’re both women who shared an odd, unique experience and have a lot of things in common. There’s something inside Holly that makes her feel the need to lift herself above everyone else. She’s “not like the others”, “the right reasons” and “everyone copies me”. That’s her own unhealed messiness that keeps it all going on. She wouldn’t have had the Vegas show, DWTS, or even the life she has without the show, without Hef. 

Crystsl isn’t allowed to express negative feelings because if she did they’d have to recognize she’s human, shares similar experiences and they want to keep her down. You can’t sit with us. But Holly and Bridget are allowed to have mixed emotions, constantly contradict themselves. Crystal fell short because she’s not them. They’re still competing which is sad.

This is what many of the girlfriends have always said. That Holly pushed her way in to that role. With all of this so many of these things can be true at once. She wanted to be in Playboy, have a career, live at the mansion so she’s going to participate in whatever old tv show marathon, board game night to show favor or even good manners, gratitude for the place to stay. 

More later, I don’t want to lose this post 

So, on the podcast, they interviewed Brande Roderick who I think was the number one girl before Holly.

Brande had a dream experience compared to Bridgette and Holly.

Hef acted differently with her.  She had the ideal situation where I think she was only a girlfriend for a short time and was cast on Baywatch Hawaii not too long after she became a playmate.

It seemed to me that she broke Hef's heart when she left, though a lot of this is inferred by me and not said on the podcast.

Brande said all the girlfriends got along well and she loved her time at Playboy.

It seemed like Hef was crazy about Brande but looked at Holly as a caretaker who was willing to do all the "boring old man" stuff that none of the other girls wanted to do.  I do not think Hef was ever all that into Holly but I do believe that she was obsessed with him and was, at least at one point, willing to do anything to stay by his side.

The ironic thing is that Brigette and Holly might have more long-lasting fame from Girls Next Door than Brande will have doing Baywatch Hawaii.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 9/10/2024 at 12:10 PM, qtpye said:

So, on the podcast, they interviewed Brande Roderick who I think was the number one girl before Holly.

Brande had a dream experience compared to Bridgette and Holly.

Hef acted differently with her.  She had the ideal situation where I think she was only a girlfriend for a short time and was cast on Baywatch Hawaii not too long after she became a playmate.

It seemed to me that she broke Hef's heart when she left, though a lot of this is inferred by me and not said on the podcast.

Brande said all the girlfriends got along well and she loved her time at Playboy.

It seemed like Hef was crazy about Brande but looked at Holly as a caretaker who was willing to do all the "boring old man" stuff that none of the other girls wanted to do.  I do not think Hef was ever all that into Holly but I do believe that she was obsessed with him and was, at least at one point, willing to do anything to stay by his side.

The ironic thing is that Brigette and Holly might have more long-lasting fame from Girls Next Door than Brande will have doing Baywatch Hawaii.

I should give it a listen, I always liked Brande as I started paying attention to Playboy during the Brande/Sandy/Mandy years. Brande always seemed like a pleasant  person, and her and the Bentleys had more of a natural beauty than all the Marilyn/ later-era Pam copy pastes we got during the era of the 7. 

ETA- Ok, so I guess Tina Jordan was one of the “Mean Girls”. 🕵🏽Bridget mentions one of the mean girls  had a day off from staying at the mansion because she had a child and Tina  was the only one of the 7 that I can recall was a mother during that time.

Edited by MCMLXXVII
Listening to the pod.
  • Like 2