Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Despair to Repair

• Start Topic

Episode Synopsis:

A young military mother still struggles with the loss of her marriage that ended years ago; designer Orlando Soria helps get her out of her slump by making over her kitchen, dining, laundry, and living rooms.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

The interior really turned out nice.

I agree!  He does a great job.  I like that it feels design based and not so much on the construction.  

• Love 2

Aww, that was kind of sweet with the son showing up at the end. I'm really warming to this show. Orlando does so much with a tight budget - it just goes to show how over-inflated the budgets are for other makeover shows. I think this was the first one where he actually removed a wall too. That ain't cheap. Or, maybe it's cheaper than the other shows have led us to believe. 

It also helps that it's only a half hour long. I think an hour would be overkill. Overall, good format, good host, good designs. 

• Love 7

Interesting how this show doesn’t make a big dramatic deal out of fixing wiring issues, but instead accepts it as reality and shows us that we need to go with less detailed cabinets. Just like how it works for most people. 

• Love 2

Yes, the lack of fake drama over normal problems is just amazing.  Words can’t express how much I miss the simplicity of the old design shows.  This is the closest it has come in a while.  

• Love 3