Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Blue Note

• Start Topic

I appreciated Ty flexing on the gangbangers.. Luke cage style... Hearing Solomon couldn't read was  shock... Looking fwd to the finale.. Wish the season was longer

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I appreciated Ty flexing on the gangbangers.. Luke cage style... Hearing Solomon couldn't read was  shock... Looking fwd to the finale.. Wish the season was longer

What was that thing Solomon was trying to read? I didn't recognize it. 

And the Netflix/MCU is officially folded into this show. At least they're not going to pretend it doesn't exist.

• Love 2

The Blue Note, more like the Brown Note, am I right guys? (I don't think I am sophisticated enough to appreciate the Jazz undertones.) How can you make taking down several gangbangers boring. Even Ty disappearing is kind of boring, he just pops out of existence, they could at least leave a little wisp of black smoke. I am not feeling this season, it is way too psychological when I wanted something physical. They also seemed to abandon the characters and story lines of season 1. I wanted more bee girl, Tandy's mother, Tandy's criminal boyfriend and Roxxon destroying the environment (bring in the Bayou, throw in a few gators, swamp folk and Mardi Gras). I think these things resonate as more New Orleans than female trafficking.

• Love 2

So the blur note is a jazz blue note? I like Andre as a villain, although I am not totally sure on his backstory. So his club burned down? He couldn't play anymore for some reason? Something?

I do wish we could see what Roxxon is up to a bit more, that whole plot has kind of been forgotten. Well, the show does remember it, and many other season one things (like Tys school, Roxxon, and Tandys ex boyfriend whos hope she ate) but we havnt seen much of them beyond the AU episode. 

Luke Cage AND Karen page reference! Nice to see Luke inspiring kids all the way in New Orleans. 

• Love 1