Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Sicko / S06.E18: Suicide Squad

• Start Topic

Chiming in late on these episodes. I think I liked "Sicko" more than "Suicide Squad". Tim Meadows is always hilarious as Caleb, the affable cannibal. Charles of course is jealous of his and Jake's friendship when they were in prison. I LOL'd every time either Jake or Charles got too close to him!

Even though I loved whenever Holt insulted Wuntch in the past but it was harder to find them funny was when she seemed to be making a sincere effort to put their differences aside. When she started acting like a decent person I thought "Oh that's right I generally like Kyra Sedgewick!"

Dean Winters is always delightfully douchey as "The Vulture". Loved who he considered his "worst detectives" are actually the smartest and best. Jake should have realized that!

Loved Terry being in denial over having to transfer to Staten Island.

• Love 2
On 5/22/2019 at 3:52 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I first knew him as Ryan O'Reily on Oz so I'm always half convinced that he's going to shank someone.

yeah the Winters brothers will always be Ryan and Cyril O'Reilly to me.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:16 AM, peeayebee said:

I was just looking at his IMDB page and couldn't tell if he's ever played just a nice guy. Has he?

In Battle Creek, he played a jaded but good cop.  Maybe not really "nice," but much nicer than his usual characters.

• Love 1

Corruption in the NYPD! I watch Brooklyn 99 for its believability, and they bring up a storyline like this...

I know if/when* I get kidnapped, I'm going to yell "Milk!"

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:21 AM, Mystery said:

"I didn't see you there; I thought you were an old leather chair." and "Did he storm out? No! I stormed in!" and there it was, for Jake: "the proud Daddy." 

That was a cute moment. But my favourite line was "I wouldn't wish working with Madeline Wunch on my worst enemy. And my worst enemy IS Madeline  Wunch!" But she clearly makes Raymond completely lose his cool (at least as far as he ever does) or he wouldn't keep insulting her when he needs her help. Which is stupid, but it's nice to see he does have some blindspots in his awareness.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:18 PM, Babalu said:

I wonder if the 99 will leave the captaincy vacant or will fill it (temporarily?). If filled, it would have to be with someone with less experience/ at a lower pay rate than Holt so they'd still have money in their budget for Terry.

I assume they'd fill the post with Terry, at least on an interim basis. He's been in charge of the precinct when filling in before, and now he's a Lieutenant, it would make more sense.

* Hopefully If!

• Love 4