Type keyword(s) to search

Chris Traeger: Literally

I didn't know who any of the actors in this show were before I started watching including rob Lowe. Hard to believe I know. His character on this show cracks me up. His fine microchip body and 10 mile a day runs to his crazy supplement regimine when he was stressed out after finding out about Leslie and bens relationship. I also loved him with Gerry's daughter and his subsequent sadness at the break up. Soooo funny. I'm happy to see that he's on a new sitcom. I've just set my dvr to record it.

I actually miss him more than Ann, surprisingly. I loved him towards the end of his run of the show, especially the episode where he did the bachelor parties for all the guys.

I just adore Chris! He could be over the top sometimes, but I actually felt like he was among the show's most unique, well-crafted, memorable and just plain entertaining characters. He was just so vibrant and vivid and often the perfect Yin to Ben's Yang :) As someone who's always suffered from depression, I really loved his S5 storyline---Parks was one of the very few comedies in recent memory (granted, MY recent memory, which is terrible!) to devote a storyline to a character going through depression and emotional/psychological problems, seeking treatment for them and eventually showing progress, but they weren't heavy handed and preachy about it. Interestingly, Andy went through a period of depression after failing his police exam that same season, and the show also addressed it in a direct but still entertaining way. (This touches on one of several reasons why I hold the very UO of feeling S5 is my favorite season of the entire series, but that's for another thread!)  

I'd be curious to hear how people view Chris and Ann. I was decidedly indifferent to them. I was totally fine with them ending up together and would have been just as fine with them not ending up together. I normally really like how Parks does romance---in fact, Leslie/Ben and Andy/April are both among my very favorite TV couples of all time---but Ann/Chris elicits little more than a shrug from me. Maybe it's because, unlike Leslie/Ben and Andy/April, they were on again, off again and both nearly always dating other people, so it was harder for me to buy that they had really serious feelings for each other? Or maybe it's because Ann just wasn't nearly as well defined a character IMO as Leslie, Ben, Andy or April, so it's harder for me to figure out who she'd be a great match for. The good news is that her amazingly strong friendship with Leslie showed us that Ann does tend to connect well with optimistic, energetic people with strong personalities! 

I'd also love to hear more about people's favorite Chris scenes...I'm starting to rewatch Parks soon and will keep them in mind while marathon-ing through my favorite episodes! 

I just adore Chris! He could be over the top sometimes, but I actually felt like he was among the show's most unique, well-crafted, memorable and just plain entertaining characters. He was just so vibrant and vivid and often the perfect Yin to Ben's Yang :) As someone who's always suffered from depression, I really loved his S5 storyline---Parks was one of the very few comedies in recent memory (granted, MY recent memory, which is terrible!) to devote a storyline to a character going through depression and emotional/psychological problems, seeking treatment for them and eventually showing progress, but they weren't heavy handed and preachy about it. Interestingly, Andy went through a period of depression after failing his police exam that same season, and the show also addressed it in a direct but still entertaining way. (This touches on one of several reasons why I hold the very UO of feeling S5 is my favorite season of the entire series, but that's for another thread!)

I'd be curious to hear how people view Chris and Ann. I was decidedly indifferent to them. I was totally fine with them ending up together and would have been just as fine with them not ending up together. I normally really like how Parks does romance---in fact, Leslie/Ben and Andy/April are both among my very favorite TV couples of all time---but Ann/Chris elicits little more than a shrug from me. Maybe it's because, unlike Leslie/Ben and Andy/April, they were on again, off again and both nearly always dating other people, so it was harder for me to buy that they had really serious feelings for each other? Or maybe it's because Ann just wasn't nearly as well defined a character IMO as Leslie, Ben, Andy or April, so it's harder for me to figure out who she'd be a great match for. The good news is that her amazingly strong friendship with Leslie showed us that Ann does tend to connect well with optimistic, energetic people with strong personalities!

I'd also love to hear more about people's favorite Chris scenes...I'm starting to rewatch Parks soon and will keep them in mind while marathon-ing through my favorite episodes!

For some reason I didn't really enjoy his story line in season 6. I liked Ann and Chris when they were first together but this whole lets have a baby together...I don't know. It's probably one of my least favorite storylines the show did.

I'm in the middle of rewatching the series right now and I'm in the first half of season 4. flu season in season 3 pops first into my head of favorite Chris episodes. Also, citizen knope (I think that's what it's called) when he is over the top depressed to find out about Leslie and Ben. One of my favorite lines from him "my mouth is a spaceship" is from that epsidode. I also laughed probably way too hard at his relationship with Jerry's daughter. I think it was April and Andy's Halloween party in season 4 with his over the top dancing with her and all of Jerry's reactions.