Type keyword(s) to search

Little (2019)

topanga
  • Start Topic

A ruthless tech mogul, Jordan Sanders (Regina Hall) receives the chance to relive the life of her younger self (Marsai Martin) at a point in her life when the pressures of adulthood become too much for her to bear after a girl she offended wishes she was little. Jordan receives help from her overworked assistant, April (Issa Rae), to find a way to revert to normal.

Has anyone seen this? It didn't blow me away, but I enjoyed it. Sure, it's formulaic and predictable, but it had a some good laughs. And I give it a lot of leeway primarily because 14-year-old Marsai Martin was involved in a lot of the behind-the-scenes work to develop the movie. And because she essentially carried the film. I think she had more screen time than any other actor. 

It could've used more Justin Hartley as the hot teacher. He completely disappeared in the second half of the movie. Maybe he wasn't available for filming? 

• Love 7

I just saw it and thought it was cute as well. The timeline was a little too compressed. Everything happened in two days. She learned a lesson and grew in less than 48 hours? I was so confused as to why the kids were auditioning for their school branded Coachella the same day it was happening? And yeah the lack of Justin Hartley in the second half made me wonder why we even spent so much time with him. He could have at least been the teacher to bring the kids by the office at the end.

Also did she ever tell her boyfriend what happened or does he think she shipped her daughter off?

• Love 6

On demanded this last night.  Paint by numbers, yes, but what it lacked in originality it made up for in enjoyability.  Issa Rae and Regina Hall were both great but Marsai Martin was a stand out.  I freaking loved her strutting around the middle school with her bag on her arm.  That was such a great bit of characterization.  Also loved the strip tease by the boyfriend on the balcony.  I thought it hit the right notes of funny (him leaning on the sculpture but it not being able to support his weight and he had to recoil.  heh) and sexy.  Not a must see but still very fun.

• Love 3