Type keyword(s) to search

Ben Wyatt: Mr. Leslie Knope

I know this will be controversial because everyone worships Leslie, but Ben is my favorite character. He's the perfect combination of super nerdy and awkward but still socially functioning. He's Leslie's perfect match, and he's adorable. And as Tara notes in the post linked below, his awkwardness in acting inconspicuous is fantastically funny.

http://previously.tv/parks-and-recreation/ben-good-pranks-live-broadcasting/

• Love 2

Then we can be controversial together, as Ben is my favorite as well. He might be my favorite character on tv, period. His quest to make Leslie make "the face" for the anniversary gifts, then lose to the GoT throne, loved it.

• Love 2

A while back I realized that Adam Scott/Ben Wyatt reminds me of my sister's fiancé.  I mentioned this to my sister who doesn't watch the show and she continued to refuse to watch it because she says she hates Amy Poehler (yeah...I didn't know that was possible, but whatever).  Since that time I've taken every opportunity when there's a particularly good short Ben or Ben/Leslie scene to show it to her--I think the first one I showed her was the one where Ben explained Cones of Dunshire to Leslie, and the most recent one I showed her was the Iron Throne scene--and every time she reacts with, "Oh my God, you're right.  That is totally [fiancé's name].  Maybe I really should watch this show."  So I guess I'm gradually wearing her down until she actually starts watching.

• Love 1

Ben is also my favourite. And then he went and had his 'man date' with Jerry and expressed genuine appreciation for the man, and...yeah. Somehow I love him more.

I find that he works well comedically with all of the characters and I love that he and Leslie can totally nerd out together. Also her obsession with his ass never fails to amuse me.

Adam Scott provides some of the best 'can you believe this shit?' faces to the camera...I just love him.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Adam Scott's "pointy face" is gorgeous. He's my biggest celebrity crush. Plus, I go to meet him in person when they filmed the bachelor parties in Indy, and he's fantastically nice. :)

Edited by Denay
  • Love 1

I'm assuming they are making Leslie and Ben about the same age. According to the Indiana University Alumni magazine, Leslie and I graduated the same year, 1997, which makes us both 39.

I think Adam Scott's "pointy face" is gorgeous. He's my biggest celebrity crush. Plus, I go to meet him in person when they filmed the bachelor parties in Indy, and he's fantastically nice. :)

Denay, you got to meet him when filming in Indy?!? I'm so jealous! I wanted to try to find them and meet him, but kept hearing too late where they were. Where did this happen?

"Prom" establishes that Ben is in his late 30s and went to Carleton College, which means that were he not fictional, he and I would have been classmates.

Hi fellow Carl!  I'm younger than Ben, though, so not a classmate. 

• Love 1

Denay, you got to meet him when filming in Indy?!? I'm so jealous! I wanted to try to find them and meet him, but kept hearing too late where they were. Where did this happen?

Veruca, first, nice to see another Hoosier on here. :) Re: meeting Adam Scott: This was the first time they filmed in Indy, in December 2012. My roommate has a friend who's an actor locally. Because they had put out a call for extras, he knew the day they would be filming and that they would be downtown, generally. So that day we just started driving around downtown looking for them. We saw a nice RV parked just down the road from St. Elmo's and then I got really lucky and spotted Nick Offerman taking a smoke break in an alley. So we stood on the sidewalk next to the RV and waited. At the time we got there, there were only 5 of us. Adam and Chris Pratt came out pretty early and had to walk right past us to get to the RV. The two of them were amazingly nice. They said hello to us, thanked us for being there, and asked if we wanted to take pictures. Yes, they asked us, not the other way around. It was incredible. We saw Aziz several times, but he ignored us. Nick, Jim O'Heir (Jerry), and Rob Lowe all came out later and posed for pictures, but by that point there were so many people around that they couldn't really talk to anyone. But there was a shot of me on Channel 13 News getting my Pawnee book signed by Rob. Also, when Adam signed my book, he asked what my name was. I was so nervous/excited that my voice cracked when saying my own name. haha So overall it was an amazing experience and I can vouch that Adam Scott and Chris Pratt are super nice people. Also, Jim seemed pretty nice too, but it was really busy by then so we didn't get to talk to him much. But he was funny and he did mention that he used to live in Rensselaer, IN.

• Love 4