Type keyword(s) to search

S15.02 Eggtastic

The new episode is about to start and there is still no topic!  

Looks like this is the breakfast episode.  This should be fun!  I love breakfast (especially if I am not the one who has to make it!).

• Love 1

Some of those pancakes look like I cooked them, and that's bad.      The one man that keeps charcoaling them must be a long lost relative of mine.  

My family has turned burning decent food into burnt offerings into an art.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
(edited)

Charring the bottom of something can happen to anyone... 

Just about everyone figured out pancakes all right.   But then, I remember making pancakes in Home Ec in 6th grade... 

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

I respectfully suggest you watch a different show. This one gets goofier every year. 

I might give up on it if it continues going down this path.  I haven't missed a season since it started, but this one might become my last.  Even the demos they do are worthless now - it used to be that you could actually learn from them, but now they are cut to even less than bare bones, so they can squeeze in more "funny" (flat!) stuff. 

• Love 3

The two that went home in this episode were the ones I liked the least...and considering I don't really like any of the contestants (of the past 3 seasons) that's saying a lot! I do like the Pharmacist the most so far. And I don't loathe the guy from Alaska.

I do like the Pharmacist the most so far. And I don't loathe the guy from Alaska.

During the first episode, I wasn't sure if the pharmacist was male or female until someone called him "he."  I like him too although he seems a little dense for someone who is probably pretty well-educated.  

I don't remember seeing the guy from Alaska on episode 2 and I wondered where he was as I was watching.  

My favorite is still Mickey.

Cameron is the Southern kid? Yeah, he can go. I like the small woman, the older Haitian woman, the older man, the really big guy and the pharmacist. I'm indifferent on the Anne super fan and can skip the princess and Sponjetta. That's all I remember at this stage. 

Edited by Superclam
  • Love 1

I'm growing tired of the dumbass talking heads.  Almost half the show is being taken up by these unfunny, unclever idiots who apparently just want to be on TV.   Mugging for the camera, doing their "schtick".  Bring back the bad cooks who REALLY wanted to learn something - you could see the happiness on their face as they continued to improve.  Some of these clowns don't even look like they're TRYING to replicate the dish - they just want a few minutes extra screen time before they get booted.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Hellga said:

Next week, I hope they will get rid of Cameron (the kid) and the "Anne Superfan" - Caitlyn, I think?

The Anne Superfan is Kat according to the The Food Network site. Caitlin was Jersey girl, who I will NOT miss in the slightest. Looking at the site, I forgot about at least half of them. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Superclam said:

The Anne Superfan is Kat according to the The Food Network site. Caitlin was Jersey girl, who I will NOT miss in the slightest. Looking at the site, I forgot about at least half of them. 

I knew that moron juggling potatoes was doomed when you could see Tyler getting really irritated with him.  If he was on the bottom, Tyler was going to kick him to the curb.  My favorites right now are the older Jamaican woman and the big guy (the African-American, NOT the idiot body building asshat).  The two of them seem to be enjoying themselves most of all right now and not being preoccupied with goofing off for camera time.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

Well,  that's good, because this show isn't funny at all

Never said it's a good comedy!  There are plenty of lame comedies out there, with as sorry excuses for jokes as the ones they have here.

I suppose they could reposition the show as one where we laugh at clowns posing as inept cooks vs. watch inept cooks learn and grow - but a) they should find genuinely funny participants, b) change the format of the show and c) explain why the heck they are doing that.  Repositioning only happens when the original positioning was wrong.  If viewership has tanked (I have not tracked stats so I don't know) it would be better to cancel it and come out with a new concept under a new name.