Type keyword(s) to search

Degrassi - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Something I may not have noticed if I had not been watching this show all weekend, but Darcy certainly got into a lot of physical fights for someone who professes such Christian values. Actually, she gets into a lot of physical altercations period. There are a LOT of fights at this school. They don't all last very long but it's like every other episode. 

I had no love for Shenae Grimes in the 90210 reboot and in general did not find her to be a very good actress, but watching the episode where she was roofied and the aftermath of these episodes is really powerful. She did an amazing job with that story line. 

Here's a random nitpick: Holly J supposedly came from Lakehurst, yet her older sister was Heather Sinclair, who was referenced by never seen in the first 5 seasons of the show. How does that work?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, sara416 said:

Here's a random nitpick: Holly J supposedly came from Lakehurst, yet her older sister was Heather Sinclair, who was referenced by never seen in the first 5 seasons of the show. How does that work?

I did notice that, but it could be 1. Just because they are sisters doesn’t mean they live at the same address, 2. The boundary lines between the districts could’ve been moved in the years between Heather & Holly J starting school allowing already enrolled students to stay in their current school if they want. 3. Lakehurst may not have been open when Heather started at Degrassi (see above). 

The “Heather Sinclair” references always cracked me up. 

Im still on season 4 (this rewatch is taking longer than I thought, as I still do have work and stuff)- Spinner selfishly confessed to Jimmy about lying to Rick as to who set the paint job. I did like how Spinner lost his friends in a realistic way and really really had to work to regain their trust. The fall out here is well deserved- no one is being vindictive or dramatic it’s a consequence. And yes telling Jimmy was selfish AF. Now he’s going to hang out with fucking JAY who I hate. What motivated Emma to blow his slimy ass again????

I still contend Liberty was too good for JT and after all these years of treating her like crap (it wasn’t just he didn’t return her crush he could be rude to her sometimes), they date! Wtf man. 

• Love 2

Start of Season 5- Manny’s dad was SUCH a prick. I know he gets better, but wasn’t there a way to write an old school conservative Filipino father who wasn’t an emotionally abusive asshole from jump street???? Actually make it a disagreement and Manny choosing to leave to purse acting rather than him getting in her face, calling her names and acting like he’s going to beat her up. Ugh I blame the writers for this. “Old School Strict” doesn’t always mean “ASSHOLE”. 

(edited)
On 5/25/2020 at 8:01 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I did notice that, but it could be 1. Just because they are sisters doesn’t mean they live at the same address, 2. The boundary lines between the districts could’ve been moved in the years between Heather & Holly J starting school allowing already enrolled students to stay in their current school if they want. 3. Lakehurst may not have been open when Heather started at Degrassi (see above). 

The “Heather Sinclair” references always cracked me up. 

Im still on season 4 (this rewatch is taking longer than I thought, as I still do have work and stuff)- Spinner selfishly confessed to Jimmy about lying to Rick as to who set the paint job. I did like how Spinner lost his friends in a realistic way and really really had to work to regain their trust. The fall out here is well deserved- no one is being vindictive or dramatic it’s a consequence. And yes telling Jimmy was selfish AF. Now he’s going to hang out with fucking JAY who I hate. What motivated Emma to blow his slimy ass again????

I still contend Liberty was too good for JT and after all these years of treating her like crap (it wasn’t just he didn’t return her crush he could be rude to her sometimes), they date! Wtf man. 

I am convinced that Heather Sinclair was the child of Charlie from Charlie's Angels.....heard of but never seen.

As for the Spinner/Jimmy situation, here is my take: As soon as Spinner became involved with Satan, I mean Jay, we knew that something bad would happen. The bullying of Rick went entirely too far even though I understand why they were doing it. He did get off scott free from almost killing Terri. That said, it was still occurring on school property and nothing was done to stop it. Raditch did nothing when Rick came to him. 

Not long before the shooting Jimmy and Rick were on positive speaking terms. They were getting along. At the shooting, imagine Jimmy's surprise when Rick confronted him. He was being accused of engineering the prank and had absolutely no clue why. Then Rick shot him. After the shooting, it would be logical to assume that Jimmy wondered why Rick turned on him. Only two people knew why Rick shot Jimmy..... Spinner and Jay. 

During Jimmy's time in the hospital, Spinner couldn't even bring himself to go see him due to guilt. He knew that both he and Jay were responsible for the events that led up to the shooting. Unlike Jay, Spinner had a conscience, (although at times a very slow acting one) and he knew that telling the truth was the right thing to do. It was Spinner taking responsibility for the role he played in all of it plus giving Jimmy the answer of why Rick turned on him. It was a great moment of maturity and development of Spinner's character. The fallout was realistic and expected. A great job by all actors involved.

As for Liberty and JT. Liberty knew what she was up against with JT. He was a clowning, girl obsessed, pubescent boy. She knew he didn't have any real interest in her in years prior. She just couldn't help herself (I've been there) but to keep hoping that one day he would come around to her. It's true that he was rude to her at times. That said, she could be too with her perfectionism. It becomes more apparent leading up to their break-up. They should have ended up together. They were opposites that attracted and balanced each other. Unfortunately, we never got to find out what could have been.

Edited by mj2000
On 5/24/2020 at 9:07 PM, sara416 said:

Something I may not have noticed if I had not been watching this show all weekend, but Darcy certainly got into a lot of physical fights for someone who professes such Christian values.

Yes I noticed that too. And she’s also calling people names, out of the blue and starting crap. Not that Christian people can’t make mistakes or have actual grievances when people have done them wrong, but loving to start shit?? No. 

I just started season 6. Did Ashley not attend school in London?? Why does she have to repeat a grade? She should have graduated with Paige, March, Ellie, Hazel etc had she stayed at Degrassi. 

Shallow bus- I liked Manny’s season 5 haircut SO MUCH BETTER. This is now the stage when “extensions” became mainstream and girls weren’t having them blended into their own hair style so it looked odd, another example, Darcy. Emma’s hair looks great as does Ellie’s (similar cuts- long hair but shaped well) 

• Love 1

A heads up that season 12 is missing from Amazon Prime.  I had to find it on Youtube.

Speaking of, I just watched the episodes where the Clair's internship mentor at the newspaper sexually harasses her it boils my blood how his bosses handled that.  Clair wasn't just an intern, she was a child.  Her complaint should have been reported at the very least to the school liaison.  The way they brushed it under the table tells me that it wasn't the first time......  

• Love 1
On 5/31/2020 at 8:30 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I just started season 6. Did Ashley not attend school in London?? Why does she have to repeat a grade? She should have graduated with Paige, March, Ellie, Hazel etc had she stayed at Degrassi. 

I didn't get that either. She just got to drop out of school and stay in London indefinitely? Doesn't sound like the Ashley we were familiar with.

There was another reference about school that I thought was odd too, I think it was something about Sean failing the school year if he moved to another school or something. Is there some sort of Canadian rule that you have to spend the entire year at one place to get your credit?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

A heads up that season 12 is missing from Amazon Prime.  I had to find it on Youtube.

Speaking of, I just watched the episodes where the Clair's internship mentor at the newspaper sexually harasses her it boils my blood how his bosses handled that.  Clair wasn't just an intern, she was a child.  Her complaint should have been reported at the very least to the school liaison.  The way they brushed it under the table tells me that it wasn't the first time......  

You’re way ahead of me!! 

Thank you. I added it so whenever I get there. I am actually watching (rather than just background noise) as I don’t think I have done a rewatch so some of these plot lines surprised me. 

On 6/1/2020 at 8:41 PM, sara416 said:

There was another reference about school that I thought was odd too, I think it was something about Sean failing the school year if he moved to another school or something. Is there some sort of Canadian rule that you have to spend the entire year at one place to get your credit?

I’m not sure. At least with Sean it made a little more sense because exams were RIGHT about to start. If he enrolled in another school immediately would he pass the exams there? It may be a situation where you have to complete at least 2/3 (as an example) of a semester to receive credit or be eligible to sit for your exam. Also there are daily attendance requirements- Jimmy had to repeat the year, not because he failed but because he didn’t attend enough hours/days due to physical therapy (although that was the writer’s thumb on the scale- they likely wanted him at Degrassi to reconcile with Spinner and for storylines with Ashley). 

Craig/Manny thing in Season 5 (although we barely saw it), I’m still disappointed in it. Craig treated her HORRIBLY, never ever chose her, skated by while everyone else called HER names (although he was the cheater) and she still wants his ass???? NO MANNY. No. She had plenty of time to get over him. J.T., Spinner (although both were brief)......now she’s just waiting for him to call her?? And then the drugs, and claiming they were Manny’s and then trying to play Ellie (I did feel bad for Ellie)..........No wonder Craig’s ego was so big. 

• Love 2

Started up season 7, before I get into the deep stuff, I want to know why “letting your license expire” is such a tv trope? I don’t KNOW anyone, outside of elderly people who have resigned not to drive any more, who let their driver’s license expire. It’s on your BIRTHDAY (at least in the USA) and it’s every 4 years. So when Paige who’s only 18/19years old says her license expired and she thought she could renew online- HUH? Also Alex was being an ass to her in that entire storyline. Paige gives her a place to crash (for free) because she loves her and feels for her, Alex spends the day with her ass parked on the sofa, volunteers to drive her and then decides to get high?? Isn’t the reason they broke up in the first place that Alex wanted to focus on her own future and now this same argument has come up again. 

Manny’s hair looks awful. If she wanted lighter hair that’s one thing, but that fake weird brassy color?? Her season 5 hair was too cute. 

Griffin should’ve told Paige he was HIV+ before they slept together, there was no excuse for that. Especially since he claimed to like her and wanted an actual relationship. 

No it wasn’t his “lifestyle”, and even if it was, Paige has no right to judge him for being positive but she has EVERY right to be pissed he didn’t inform her before they had sex so she could make an informed decision. How do you start a relationship like that??

• Love 3

Season nine- Mia going to Paris because Nina Dobrev started Vampire Diaries, I’m now having clear memories of these episodes. 

Jenna arrives! I love that Alli realized how duplicitous she was right away. 

On the shallow bus- some of the naturally beautiful girls on this show now: Nina Dobrev (Mia), Melinda Shankar (Alli). 

Gorgeous young men: Raymond Ablack (Sav), Landon Liboiron (Declan)- although it seems he’s lost his looks so quickly😣. AJ Saudin (Connor) hasn’t had his glow up yet but it’s coming!

I am staying away from the wiki so the plot lines aren’t ruined. But I wonder why certain episodes are on Pluto Tv rather than IMDB via amazon , I have to pay attention to episode titles and dates to make sure I skip anything. (Just Can’t Get Enough Part 2, didn’t play and it was all the way at the end of the episode list). 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Season nine- Mia going to Paris because Nina Dobrev started Vampire Diaries, I’m now having clear memories of these episodes. 

And this was a season after Darcy "went to Africa" because Shenae Grimes started the 90210 reboot, also on the CW. 

I think it's really hilarious that there's a storyline during this season where Jenna overhears Claire and Allie talking about a surgery, and Jenna accuses Claire of getting a boob job, only for all 3 of them to end up having the biggest frakkin boobs by the end of their run on the show.  Lol! Oh puberty.  

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

And this was a season after Darcy "went to Africa" because Shenae Grimes started the 90210 reboot, also on the CW. 

In season nine Peter tells Riley “as someone who keeps losing girlfriends to other continents that’s (sex) not the entire point.”🤣. So funny. 

They did a lot of growth with Peter from the asshole who filmed Manny when she was drunk in Season 5, I keep remembering that after season 5 each season is a semester not a school year (so 6&7 are one school year, 8&9 are another school year). I wonder why they chose to do that bringing in the Claire/KC/Alli group as grade 9s rather than 7th graders like the Manny, Emma, JT Group was. 

The formal in Season 9- Sav & Anya having sex in the limo (I did check out the wiki and they are the longest Degrassi couple, Followed by Jimmy/Hazel and Spinner/Jane). 

I just.....I understand Anya’s insecurities as a teenage girl, and her mixed feelings about wanting to not push Sav to tell his parents but wanting to be acknowledged, HOWEVER I was so glad when Sav ended it because it was a mess. I clearly watched that scene and Sav brought up contraception and she said she took care of it “to keep him away from Farrah”. Child you are so dumb. Sav acknowledges their mistake (although Holly J suggested the morning after pill first) and Anya doesn’t want to take the morning after pill because she may vomit. An example that she’s so immature but I HATE that the writers have the girl being all sorts of emotional and the guy being the logical one. 

I think the story would’ve been better written if Anya acknowledged that she rushed into sex that night with Sav due to her insecurities, determined that they weren’t a good fit because the relationship was making her feel this way and taken the pill of her own accord rather than him baby sitting her. 

Also Sav is a minor living under his parents roof- if they don’t want him dating until University that’s for him to deal with, don’t drag Anya into it and make her feel bad. I did appreciate that she finally stood up for herself “you can sleep with me but not tell your parents about me.” 

Because I read the wiki I know they get back together one more time and he gets with Holly J after Declan’s actor leaves Degrassi for that SciFi time travel show that lasted two hot minutes on Fox- Terra Nova was the name. 

Claire and the vampire fan fiction- this will be fun. 

• Love 1

Claire and the vampire fan fiction- this will be fun.

That was the worst!  And in rewatching, I realized that it was supposed to be based on Twilight, but at the time I didn't even know Twilight existed and just didn't get it.  

I just.....I understand Anya’s insecurities as a teenage girl, and her mixed feelings about wanting to not push Sav to tell his parents but wanting to be acknowledged, HOWEVER I was so glad when Sav ended it because it was a mess. I clearly watched that scene and Sav brought up contraception and she said she took care of it “to keep him away from Farrah”. Child you are so dumb. Sav acknowledges their mistake (although Holly J suggested the morning after pill first) and Anya doesn’t want to take the morning after pill because she may vomit. An example that she’s so immature but I HATE that the writers have the girl being all sorts of emotional and the guy being the logical one. 

I think the story would’ve been better written if Anya acknowledged that she rushed into sex that night with Sav due to her insecurities, determined that they weren’t a good fit because the relationship was making her feel this way and taken the pill of her own accord rather than him baby sitting her. 

I hear you, but I think what happened fits very much with Anya's personality.  She's always desperately trying to find where she fits, up until graduation.  She always does something really dumb, but eventually she always figures out what she needs to be right with herself.  Honestly, I really like that she doesn't know everything (or acts like she does) like some of the other characters, but always shows some signs of small growth. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

That was the worst!  And in rewatching, I realized that it was supposed to be based on Twilight, but at the time I didn't even know Twilight existed and just didn't get it.  

Really? I thought it fit with Claire’s personality. She was so bright but creative, and yeah even “smart Christian girls” have x rated thoughts about sex. And given her older sister was such a Judgy hypocrite I liked how they wrote Claire. Lol. 

35 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I hear you, but I think what happened fits very much with Anya's personality.  She's always desperately trying to find where she fits, up until graduation.  She always does something really dumb, but eventually she always figures out what she needs to be right with herself.  Honestly, I really like that she doesn't know everything (or acts like she does) like some of the other characters, but always shows some signs of small growth. 

This is true. It was very realistic but I like Anya a lot and wish she had more confidence. Rarely do we see confident girls- there is Claire, and Alli learned a lot from her mistakes. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

And given her older sister was such a Judgy hypocrite I liked how they wrote Claire. Lol. 

Claire to me was the second coming of Emma.  And she is just as judgy, if not worse than her sister.  

• Love 1

Claire to me was the second coming of Emma.  And she is just as judgy, if not worse than her sister.  

Really?? Am I only remembering cool Claire? Like post Eli Claire? I may have selective memory- that’s totally possible. Claire seemed way more empathetic and kind than Darcy and I can’t recall her trying to get into fights with anyone. 

So many storylines to keep straight!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Really?? Am I only remembering cool Claire? Like post Eli Claire? I may have selective memory- that’s totally possible. Claire seemed way more empathetic and kind than Darcy and I can’t recall her trying to get into fights with anyone. 

So many storylines to keep straight!

She definitely didn't get into as many fights as Darcy.  And while she tended to be empathetic, it was usually after she got called out on her shit.  She was judgmental and very self-involved.  Everything always had to be about her or on her timeline.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

She definitely didn't get into as many fights as Darcy.  And while she tended to be empathetic, it was usually after she got called out on her shit.  She was judgmental and very self-involved.  Everything always had to be about her or on her timeline.  

I believe you! I need to finish up season 9 because Shark in the Water is such a cultural reset.  

I forgot Holly J stole from Fiona. Wow. Just wow. That was such an awful disgusting violation. Did she think she wouldn’t get caught?

Why didn’t she just ASK??? 

I have noticed that the styling of season 10 looks so much more modern to my eye. I was digging the late 2000s fashion of the previous seasons. But I don’t care for Holly J’s hair, I get she wanted extra body but the cut was very mature for her. Better suited to a woman in her 30s. 

I will never get the logic behind Emma and Spinner.....

I think the coolness of Claire I am remembering is how kind she was to Adam when she found out he was transgender. 

Jordan did well with the role of Adam but I still wish they had a trans guy to play him, even if they had to find someone older who looked younger. In the last ten years trans actors have finally been allowed to play trans characters- shocker. 

Momma Torres was one of the best Degrassi parents. I loved how their blended family was portrayed. 

• Love 1

Oh god- Season 10 and the “Did Declan rape Holly J?”

This was a few years before a similar storyline on Switched at Birth. (Where yes I do think Bay was raped, she was way too drunk to consent to anything and Tank knew that, he did his own mental gymnastics because she wouldn’t sleep with him when he was her boyfriend and she was sober.)

Watching this just wow. First off I want to say if Holly J doesn’t feel she was raped I am respecting her as she was there (and she hasn’t been brainwashed to think it can’t be rape without violence or because she knew Declan like girls/women have been in the past) and she knows if she consented or not. She says that she did change her mind after he started kissing her. 

Secondly I am going say I am grossed out by Declan and his manipulation. He wasn’t willing to take “no” for an answer because he really truly thought Holly J wanted him- it’s so damn skeevy. And umm yeah RAPEY. If someone tells you “it’s not going to happen” leave it alone*. It’s creepy! (Even if they end up consenting later)

Thirdly- the tiny bit of saving grace (I’m assuming here that Holly did consent in her own mind and actions and doesn’t feel violated) is that upon talking to Fiona Declan realized that Holly J did not feel the same way he did and he 1. Felt awful that he might have hurt Holly, 2. Didn’t play the “no she really wanted it” card, 3. Was willing to leave her alone; which shows that he has a conscience and wasn’t trying to be a disgusting creep just to get his way. 

It seems that Holly J regrets sleeping with Declan for all the reasons she broke up with him, but fell back in due to the mutual attraction and shared his story and regrets it but consented. Which is a very realistic thing. 

*no I’m not talking about a consensual game of sexual keep away where you’re teasing each other. 

The post-it’s on Simpson’s car was an effective way to get their point across without doing any damage. Chantay had a storyline. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

The post-it’s on Simpson’s car was an effective way to get their point across without doing any damage. Chantay had a storyline. 

I think this was her ONLY storyline.  All other Chantay-involved storylines were really other people's storylines.  Very similar to Hazel who had that one storyline about being a Muslim from Ethiopa.  

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I think this was her ONLY storyline.  All other Chantay-involved storylines were really other people's storylines.  Very similar to Hazel who had that one storyline about being a Muslim from Ethiopa.  

Yup even when she was the lead in the musical it was just about Danny’s jealousy. 

I am trying to watch Degrassi and my cat is in the way. He usually sits behind the tv. 

185FECC8-3F30-41F4-B286-414ABB9079BA.jpeg

• LOL 2

I was racking my brain to figure out How the seasons were laid out and then I realized season 11 had TWO school years in it. 

Back half of season 11- the next class are in 9th Grade!! Awww Zig is so young. Maya looks the same though and she will until she’s 50 with her baby face (I know how she feels). Alex Steele is back on Degrassi as Tori. The Steele girls are so pretty. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m 2/3 of the way through season 12 and I know Cam’s suicide was coming. Boy this is gonna be rough. I haven’t been so wrecked since JT. 

It's rough although I have to say that the quality of acting in that episode is superb.  From almost every single one of the cast.  Liked we discussed above, I was a bit annoyed that many of the new kids of this 3rd generation were so traditionally good looking, but they really did the work to find kids who could also act and it showed in the "Bittersweet Symphony" episode.  

• Love 2

It's rough although I have to say that the quality of acting in that episode is superb.  From almost every single one of the cast.  Liked we discussed above, I was a bit annoyed that many of the new kids of this 3rd generation were so traditionally good looking, but they really did the work to find kids who could also act and it showed in the "Bittersweet Symphony" episode.  

I agree with this entire post. Demetrius Joyette (Mike Dallas) did an exceptional job. 

I love it when Connor asks Jenna out and says “do you find me attractive?” And takes his glasses off! It’s so precious & AJ Saudin is one fine looking man, get it Jenna!

I had forgot how long the seasons were during the telenovela format, season 12 was only the winter/spring of Claire & Co’s Junior year but it feels like FOREVER. 

I also do like how they’ve been developing Becky. She’s someone who always did have a kind heart but was narrow minded and short sighted. But because she was a moral human being she was able to open her mind and expand her horizons. 

• Love 3

Poor poor Cam. The writing of his character was very well thought out, I remember watching this the first time and thought when he broke his arm to get out of playing hockey something very bad was going to happen to him. 

My heart hurts for every person in Cam’s situation because yes, people did care and were willing to help him, but he didn’t know how to reach out. Poor baby. And poor Maya left wondering how he could’ve done such a thing and she not seen it coming. 

• Love 3

Cam's suicide was one of the most well done storylines this show has had in a long time. I love that they never actually showed it or mentioned how it was done. It was great to show how many different reactions there can be to losing someone. And Olivia Sciven was amazing and heartbreaking during this episode. And a few episodes later when she finally breaks down and yells about how he broke up with her by killing himself...I had forgotten just how rough that was to watch. 

I know it's because I'm seriously binge watching these and not giving it as much time as it was when it was first shown, but Adam's death seems so soon after this one, and that one is rough to watch and get through as well for many of the same reasons: great character, brilliant acting by the people still left, and really good writing of the issue and the aftermath without being preachy. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, sara416 said:

Cam's suicide was one of the most well done storylines this show has had in a long time. I love that they never actually showed it or mentioned how it was done. It was great to show how many different reactions there can be to losing someone. And Olivia Sciven was amazing and heartbreaking during this episode. And a few episodes later when she finally breaks down and yells about how he broke up with her by killing himself...I had forgotten just how rough that was to watch. 

I know it's because I'm seriously binge watching these and not giving it as much time as it was when it was first shown, but Adam's death seems so soon after this one, and that one is rough to watch and get through as well for many of the same reasons: great character, brilliant acting by the people still left, and really good writing of the issue and the aftermath without being preachy. 

Yes I know Adam will be next. 

I wasn’t so surprised by Adam because I remember thinking Jordan (the actress that played him) was letting her hair grow long, WHY, was Adam getting written out?

24 minutes ago, sara416 said:

And Olivia Sciven was amazing and heartbreaking during this episode. And a few episodes later when she finally breaks down and yells about how he broke up with her by killing himself...I had forgotten just how rough that was to watch. 

I couldn’t imagine how Maya must’ve felt. I understood why she wanted to continue with her cello audition. But for such a young girl to have her first boyfriend commit suicide- I also liked how they showed the effect it had on her years later. 

• Love 1

Season 13- we now get Miles, Winston & Zoë. Claire’s cancer and Adam’s death. Is this the season Becky’s brother assaulted Zoë and Becky was brave enough to turn him in and testify?

9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

What happened with Dallas and the hockey team?? Was it a plot device? Why is he no longer Captain?

SnappyRepulsiveErne-size_restricted.gif

I think it's because he aged out and is a second year senior? 

• Love 1
On 5/22/2020 at 9:21 PM, mj2000 said:

Joey/Kaitlyn: I shipped this couple back in the day and did during this series as well. I was over the moon when they were reunited. I was horrified when they were separated, in part, by Kevin Smith of all people. This was atrocious writing to say the least.

Snake/Spike: I think they are absolutely adorable. It was a nice throwback when Spike mentioned that she loved him since she was 16. I couldn't have imagined a better husband for her or father for Emma. They have Jack together after being married. What happens? Snake is written as a cheater! That was totally unbelievable! 

I read that the actress that played Kaitlyn  she not so nice things to say about Kevin Smith...

I’m on the episodes around Zoe’s assault . Poor poor girl. I’m actually angry right now that people are speaking to Zoë this way but I know it happens in real life. Thank goodness Becky is someone with such a strong moral fiber- she’s being an example of a true Christian. I love how they’ve developed her.
“It’s not going to be easy but it’s important to do what’s right.”

Miles is problematic but he’s a good person in the end how he stuck up for Zoë. 

As nasty as Zoë has been no one deserves that. I also like how Drew tried to help her as well. 

• Love 3

I had to go onto say- even though Becky’s heart was in the right place (and yes she was amazing for turning in her brother), WHY was she posting photos of Zoë half dressed/naked body on a giant board, why is she showing people the video, why is she talking about this WITHOUT ZOË’S consent?????

Becky this wasn’t about you and your investigative skills. 

• Love 1
On 7/10/2020 at 1:16 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I had to go onto say- even though Becky’s heart was in the right place (and yes she was amazing for turning in her brother), WHY was she posting photos of Zoë half dressed/naked body on a giant board, why is she showing people the video, why is she talking about this WITHOUT ZOË’S consent?????

Becky this wasn’t about you and your investigative skills. 

I feel like that is sort of the point. She doesn't realize how she and her beliefs are playing a role in this and adding to the lack of cosent and re traumatizing Zoe. I think this story line with Becky shows the most growth, possibly even more than her changing feelings about Adam. She really was naive and unable to see beyond herself and her own role in it, but she was able to see look beyond herself and her own feelings. Showing her putting those things all over the board and then gradually moving all the way to realizing that the sole person at fault for this was her brother was a great way to show her character growth. Her world got bigger and smaller at the same time. 

As cheesy as it may be, I absolutely loved the use of "Brave" on the soundtrack in this story. It was so fitting. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, sara416 said:

I feel like that is sort of the point. She doesn't realize how she and her beliefs are playing a role in this and adding to the lack of cosent and re traumatizing Zoe. I think this story line with Becky shows the most growth, possibly even more than her changing feelings about Adam. She really was naive and unable to see beyond herself and her own role in it, but she was able to see look beyond herself and her own feelings. Showing her putting those things all over the board and then gradually moving all the way to realizing that the sole person at fault for this was her brother was a great way to show her character growth. Her world got bigger and smaller at the same time. 

As cheesy as it may be, I absolutely loved the use of "Brave" on the soundtrack in this story. It was so fitting. 

I agree. It was a detailed and realistic way to show that someone can be well meaning and morally upstanding but still go about things in the wrong manner and unintentionally hurt people. 

HOLD UP. Hold up. Mrs Baker was incensed at the idea that Becky made out with a boy she didn’t but she’s convinced LUKE didn’t do anything wrong. Even if she falsely believes Zoë consented to the sexual activity (although she’s clearly out of it, and unable to consent to anything), Luke spread the video without Zoë consent and it’s CHILD pornography. In what world is that not wrong????

I’m not seeing the logic here. Luke had the video on his phone. 

Im on the episodes about the trial and I did remember Luke was convicted but I’m so mad about how they were treating Zoë. First off she never ever accused Drew of rape or assault- that was her MOM. (Drew never blamed her either). Secondly she was PASSED OUT in the pool house when Luke and that other disgusting boy assaulted her.  And then their stupid asses FILMED IT and distributed it. 

I know you all know I’m just saying. The idea that Zoë’s body is just there to be used by whomever is sickening. Who cares if she liked male attention? Miles never assaulted her and neither did Drew and she never accused them of assault- She. Was. Unconscious. And then they filmed it and distributed it!!! I’m not seeing any grey areas here. 

• Love 3

So I’m at the point where Eli learns Claire’s baby is his (Munro Chambers is a talented actor, I seriously wanted to punch his face a few times), Becky has the hots for Jonah (which is pretty understandable) and the end of the OOMMF CHAT scandal. 

I’m going to speak on OOMMF chat- while I don’t think teens sending pictures of each other to other teens their own age should have the same legal implications as adults exploiting children (and I know in the USA laws are being amended to reflect a world with camera phones and teens sending photos to each other)- are these kids REALLY that dumb?? Really??

Also does Claire not have a step Dad any more? Just didn’t want to pay the actor since Jake graduated? (Rhetorical Questions)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m going to speak on OOMMF chat- while I don’t think teens sending pictures of each other to other teens their own age should have the same legal implications as adults exploiting children (and I know in the USA laws are being amended to reflect a world with camera phones and teens sending photos to each other)- are these kids REALLY that dumb?? Really??

Yes. Yes they are.  Even the smart ones.  

I hope Munro Chambers is getting some great roles now that's he's an adult.  He's an amazing actor.  

Also, let me know when you switch to the Netflix episodes.  I've been holding off....

• Love 1
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

Yes. Yes they are.  Even the smart ones.  

I hope Munro Chambers is getting some great roles now that's he's an adult.  He's an amazing actor.  

Also, let me know when you switch to the Netflix episodes.  I've been holding off....

You’re so sweet! That should be soon, I’m midway through season 14. 

• Love 1

@luckyroll3 starting Next Class on Netflix tomorrow. There are only 40 more episodes to go. 

I am committing to be done by July 31st, as I’m starting a Switched at Birth rewatch August 1st. 

Edited to add- I got emotional watching Claire, Alli & Connor graduate. Maybe because we had been with them since 9th grade. I was sad to see Holly J/Sav’s class go but not like this. There were 4 main groups of kids (although we had a graduation every other season lately)- the OG group (graduated season 5/season7), the Lakehurst transfer group Holly J/Sav/Anya- graduated mid season 11, the gifted program group (Claire/Alli/Connor)- graduated season 14, the next class (Maya, Tristian, Miles). 

Maybe because I know it’s almost over with only 40 more episodes. 

• Love 1

In starting the Next Class, I can see the little touches of speaking to the Zennial generation. I can also see how Maya, Tristian, Zig and Miles are aging. Zoë looks pretty much the same, she just cut her hair. Baby faces for the win. 

Grace and her CF diagnosis, I’m waiting for Esme to appear on the scene. 

The movie that ended season 14 was odd. Degrassi Goes Hollywood and Degrassi Takes Manhattan was much better. 

• Love 1