Type keyword(s) to search

Iyanla, Fix My Life - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 1/30/2019 at 10:38 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

{{taps mic}} this thing on?

I soooooo need one of ya'll in here to talk to about Lie Detector Test Parts 1 & 2.

tenor.gif

She isn't good at her job, she's great at it.

Not sure what you're referring to but i am watching the usual Iyanla Saturday marathon 😁 I still ❤ her. Watching the episode about the 2 hookers right now.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1

Beloveds! I've found you! Pretty good season. Her methods and especially wardrobe have much improved since she popped back on our screens.

Getting ready to refresh on part one before she brings in the crackhead mom. That always goes well.🙄 

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Welcome back here my Beloved FairyDusted! 😁 Sending you a big dysfunctional hug! 

I'm watching the episode with the mother of 10 (WHOOPS! IT'S REALLY 12!) children. 

Well Thank you Darlin! I brought some snacks for the table. I missed the first go around because I got sucked into a movie. Ready to view in 14 minutes here! 

I remember the 10 no 12 one...Shudder

I'll roll back to see if Mama gives out hugs to those kids. 

Note...Crap...Part 1 is on first.

• LOL 1
On 3/9/2019 at 4:39 PM, chenoa333 said:

Not sure what you're referring to but i am watching the usual Iyanla Saturday marathon 😁 I still ❤ her. Watching the episode about the 2 hookers right now.

They're listed as parts 2 and 3 but they're actually 1 and 2 (of 2).   Girl all I can say don't watch this around anybody you don't want to show your ugly-cry face to.

• Love 1

I just dropped by to see if there were any comments about this episode from last night. Not sure if it was a rerun or not, since, I only watch occasionally.   I used to be a big fan of Iyanla, (started back in Starting Over days), but, lost interest in her current show on OWN.  I still like her though. 

This one was about LeAndrea Johnson, gospel/religious singer, who is an alcoholic.  Her record manager, brother and others wanted to help her and were asking Iyanla for assistance.  So, before the lady they were trying to help came on screen, Iyanla meets with the LeAndrea's record label manager and proceeds to tell him that he did not do right by this woman.  Iyanla encouraged him to be straight with her.  That he was not straight with her and that true friends don't keep silent when their friend is suffering with alcoholism. So, later, in the episode, Iyanla brings this manager out again, who is also a good friend to LeAndrea, and he is asked to be frank with her.  So, he is and tells her what he thinks and what he expects, which is to stop drinking, like Iyanla had told him to do.   He was very candid and sounded fine to me, but, then Iyanla quips back to him that what he said was not right and starts defending the woman and making excuses for her! WTH?  What's wrong with her?  It seems like she's mixed up or something.  I've seen her do similar things before on this show, but, now it's just become irritating.  Does she do this all the time? It's like she wants to make a play on words and catch you in mistake or something. 

• Love 1

I haven't watched that ^^^ episode but I know that sometimes I get really confused/unable to understand wtf Iyanla's point is.

It's like she wants everyone to dig deep into their truth. But hell, some of us can't dig any deeper. And then she gets even more irate if we/they can't figure it out.

Hey Iyanla..sometimes you just have to give people the f'n ANSWER to your question. 😁

• Love 3

It's like she wants to make a play on words and catch you in mistake or something. 

This. She acts like she’s the prosecutor in a criminal trial and she’s brilliantly trapping the defendant into an admission of guilt. This is why Iyanla has been bugging me since Starting Over. I keep waiting for whoever she’s talking to to say “Wait — WHAT ARE YOU ASKING ME? Because you do not make sense!!!” (Back in the day, Dr. Laura on her old radio show used to do the exact same thing.)

Also, <shallow> did she get a new wardrobe/hair/makeup squad? She’s sporting black lipstick in this Bad Girl of Gospel episode and is wearing a dress I would describe as Mrs. Wiggins Goes Body-Con. NOT flattering.</shallow>

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Kathcart said:

Also, <shallow> did she get a new wardrobe/hair/makeup squad? She’s sporting black lipstick in this Bad Girl of Gospel episode and is wearing a dress I would describe as Mrs. Wiggins Goes Body-Con. NOT flattering.</shallow>

HeeHee! Yeah, her "look" has changed. She appears to have lost some weight and I'm thinking bariatric surgery? I just remember her ass being the size of a barn and now it's more the size of an outdoor storage shed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

It's like Iyanla wants a "gotcha" moment, so she can make a smart asp remark and save the day.  So, she will lead you along asking certain questions like your answers are right, then BAM, she says NOOOO, you are wrong.  I mean, it's ridiculous.  I think Iyanla has a lot of heart, wisdom and talent, but, I think she's gotten too focused on smart quips and clever sayings.  It's just not needed.  She can do better without it.  Plus, it would stop confusing everybody.  Also, not everybody likes to be hugged.  I'm not sure that I would like her hugging me so firmly.  Especially, since, she barely knows some of these people. lol  

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Hello My Beloveds! 😁

Am I the only beloved one watching this show anymore? I still get some nuggets of wisdom from Iyanla so I'm going to keep watching (ocassionally) 

I’m here, Beloved!  Let’s call this thing a thing!  *cackling laughter* ☺️

As for tonight’s episode, Iyanla definitely had her claws out.  I think she was right to call out the mom for being waaaay too involved in her son and daughter-in-law’s relationship.  I’m sure there’s a lot we haven’t heard from either side, so we can’t possibly have the full context, but just the same, I agree with Iyanla that it’s far past time for her son to put his foot down and get his mother under control (especially when she’s in their home).  So his wife is messy.  She has small children; it happens.  I didn’t hear anything about the daughter-in-law putting the kids in danger or neglecting them in some serious way.  I think we all know what’s at the heart of this: 1. Mom is pissed that her son married a woman of color, 2. Mom is pissed that her son married anyone, and 3. Mom is pissed that she can’t basically just step in and raise her grandchildren herself, her way.  All of those are her problems entirely.

Also, I just have to point out that her reaction to finding out that her tiny son was molested by a stranger in a park was to ask why he decided to go with the man.  Mom should take a good, long look in the mirror before judging anyone.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I’m here, Beloved!  Let’s call this thing a thing!  *cackling laughter* ☺️

Thanks SuzyRhapsody! I had a hunch there were a few of us Iyanla lovers still left. I got your back!

I didn't see the new episode you are referring to. I'm watching reruns but I'm still falling into the Iyanla Van Zandt fly trap! 

• Love 2

I guess I'm the only one who is going to miss my beloved Iyanla. She really did teach a lot to me. My life circumstances were often addressed in many of her episodes with various guests.

So farewell Iylana and thanks for  all you've taught me. 

• Love 1