Type keyword(s) to search

Private Eyes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I am going to miss this show.  Too bad Global wants to end it.  Jason said the cast and crew wanted to keep going.  Global wants to end while the show is still popular.  

13 hours ago, CipherDex said:

Don't really mind them ending the show on a high note, but there's definitely room for more stories and it's a shame we won't get to see them if the cast is so willing to create them. Wonder how much COVID messed things up for Global and if we'd be looking at a 6th season if not for it. 

I’ll miss it too. I wish they’d reconsider. They’ll probably replace it with a lousy show about zombies that will barely make it through one season. 

That is such a crock about leaving on a high note. Glad my bosses never used that logic. “You’re doing exceptionally well, but you’re fired.. before you start going downhill.” If a show is doing well, and viewers want to watch and actors want to keep going, then keep it up! When it starts slipping, then cancel it. I doubt Covid had anything to do with it, it seems to be a trend now. I agree that there are still stories to be told. The family dynamic is great to watch. Shade hasn’t been put through the wringer enough yet as the angst ridden dad. 😄 I’d love to see more of Becca too. 

• Love 5
On 7/10/2021 at 8:08 AM, ferjy said:

Shade hasn’t been put through the wringer enough yet as the angst ridden dad.

I think he got put through the wringer a little bit last night😄

It was so good to see Maz again.  I've missed him.

I didn't think it was too hard to figure out the perp, at least once we got some of the information we needed.

• Love 5

It was good to see Maz again, also Kandyse McClure (Angie's friend) and Royal Woods. I didn't know the actress playing Wanda but I thought that she did a very good job in the scene with Shade.

The problem with the villain is that once again it's the Best Known Actor as the villain, in this case Robin Dunne. It takes the fun out of trying to figure out who dunnit.

On 7/10/2021 at 8:08 AM, ferjy said:

That is such a crock about leaving on a high note. Glad my bosses never used that logic. “You’re doing exceptionally well, but you’re fired.. before you start going downhill.” If a show is doing well, and viewers want to watch and actors want to keep going, then keep it up! When it starts slipping, then cancel it.

That's the reason they gave for cancelling Kim's Convenience too and it really is such a crock.

• Love 5

Good episode last night, a little more interesting than last week's.

I like that Jules and Liam (I see he's in the credits as a regular now) got Don into running to replace obnoxious woman.  He certainly is qualified.

• Love 3

Just caught up on the previous two episodes. I was happy to see Maz. I wish they had brought him back. But nice to see him before the series ends. I was hoping he and Zoe might have a moment. Seemed odd they weren't even on screen together, at all. Is there some animosity between the two actors I'm not aware of?

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, ferjy said:

I was hoping he and Zoe might have a moment. Seemed odd they weren't even on screen together, at all. Is there some animosity between the two actors I'm not aware of?

It's probably more down to Covid than anything else.  And it didn't really fit in with the story.

6 minutes ago, Trey said:

It's probably more down to Covid than anything else.  And it didn't really fit in with the story.

True. I'm having a mind lapse and can't remember if their relationship (talking the characters now) ended badly. Or how it ended, I just remember it did end. I wasn't crazy about the teacher crush scenario either so that didn't help. This show needs to come back for another season (at least!) and bring in Becca and Maz more often (and give me my Maz and Zoe moment 😁).

• Love 3

Man, I really have to stop watching these while sleep deprived, didn't even realize Russell was the same guy Shade talked to earlier in the episode until after I finished. 😅

This was a fun one overall, nice to see Becca again, the girl talk between her and Angie was sweet. Glad they're committing to having Angie go through the lingering after effects of the shot.

Personal stories with Shade always hit the right notes for me. Though as for the current Don subplot, eh, I can take it or leave it lol. 

On 7/24/2021 at 6:05 PM, ferjy said:

Just caught up on the previous two episodes. I was happy to see Maz. I wish they had brought him back. But nice to see him before the series ends. I was hoping he and Zoe might have a moment. Seemed odd they weren't even on screen together, at all. Is there some animosity between the two actors I'm not aware of?

I just caught up myself, was so caught up in having Maz back I didn't even realize the show seemingly waved away any hint of their previous relationship lol. Think that wanted to play up the dynamic between him and Danica more, which was pretty enjoyable in of itself, so I'm not complaining. Definitely would like him back for at least another episode or two before the season ends. 

• Love 3

I missed most of the first half of the show.  First, I had to watch our womens eight row to a gold medal, then bad weather kicked in and we lost satellite for about fifteen minutes.

But I think I picked up the plot line well enough for the last half.

Everyone is really pushing the Angie/Shade relationship.  I hope they get together before the very last minute of the series.

(edited)

I have time shift so I recorded the midnight feed because the Olympics are slow at that time on TV then just watched the games online (to see us lose in Trampoline, lol).

I liked this episode. Always happy to see Becca and I liked the car focus.

13 hours ago, Trey said:

Everyone is really pushing the Angie/Shade relationship.  I hope they get together before the very last minute of the series.

It's so obvious they're pushing it because the show is ending. But it's not developing much. I think what you say is exactly what wil happen. In the last episode they'll realize they're meant to be together. It will be another ending like

(Spoiler reveals another show's ending, if you'd rather not know.)

Spoiler

The Mentalist where they got married at the end.

Edited by ferjy
  • Love 1

Ha, Zoe ordering lobster after Angie told her that lunch was on her for working on her day off. 😄

But why was everyone suddenly stupid in this episode?

-Shade announcing “I think Helen Voss was murdered.” You “think”? Gee, what gave it away, Sherlock, the poisoned dead body lying right in front of you?

-Danica telling the guy to bag the evidence and send it to the lab. I’m sure the techs know the procedure, considering it’s their job. 

-Danica thinking Eve used the rat poison that was obviously planted in her hotel room?

-Angie, Shade and Tex couldn’t tell that the guy in the chair was dead before approaching him?

-They assumed that the husband probably killed himself because of a typed note?

-Angie telling Zoe that lunch was on her but not stressing not to order lobster? 😉

Having said all that, I still love the show. They can’t end it! The best part is if they did renew, they could stop pushing the Angie/Shade hookup agenda. It’s just awkward now. 

• Love 3

This episode really grated.  Why use Billy the Kid, who was a bad person, a murderer (many times over), and was probably never even in Canada?  They could have used a totally made up Canadian outlaw.

"Jane" was obviously the bad guy so it wasn't much mystery.  I did like Angie outshooting her.

I enjoyed seeing Enrico Colantoni again - has he put on a lot of weight? 

• Love 1
On 8/13/2021 at 9:46 AM, Trey said:

I did like Angie outshooting her.

That was pretty weak too. So randomly thrown in. In 5 seasons, we (and more importantly, Shade) never once saw her incredible shooting skills?

And why was it autumn (while we were sitting here suffering in 40C humidex temperatures)? Was this supposed to originally air in the fall lineup? Scenery was beautiful though. 

On 8/13/2021 at 9:46 AM, Trey said:

I enjoyed seeing Enrico Colantoni again - has he put on a lot of weight? 

Pandemic Lockdown Syndrome. I’m seeing it in a lot of actors, now that they’re filming again. Not to mention in my mirror. 😟

Edited by ferjy
  • LOL 2

That was a much better episode. 

Too bad there is only one left. And I hope that one is filled with family stuff and relationship stuff with maybe a minor mystery to solve.

• Love 1

Did they know that it was the series finale when they filmed it? I hope so so that they can wrap it up.

Among other things, I am going to miss the Toronto landmarks. What I am not going to miss is the heavy-handed anvils. "Here, have this painting. It's called 'The Lovers'".

I liked how Shade and the principal broke up. Very adult.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

"Here, have this painting. It's called 'The Lovers'".

I liked that Shade got it and thought it was beautiful.  Angie just looked baffled by the painting.

• Love 2
On 8/20/2021 at 4:59 PM, Trey said:

That was a much better episode. 

Too bad there is only one left. And I hope that one is filled with family stuff and relationship stuff with maybe a minor mystery to solve.

That was sorely lacking in this episode. They're so busy leading us to the Angie/Shade hookup (we get it already!) they're barely showing any other things. I love the family dynamics and there was none in this episode and not much in the others. I'm afraid the last episode is going to be all about them finally getting together which I was never crazy about in the first place. They're great as business partners, but I find their romantic scenes awkward.

22 hours ago, statsgirl said:

What I am not going to miss is the heavy-handed anvils. "Here, have this painting. It's called 'The Lovers'".

lol I rest my case.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I’m not very optimistic about the finale. This season has been a disappointment. They take a great show, decide to end it because it’s so good 🤨 then ruin the last season because they’re trying to rush to tie everything up, especially Shade and Angie becoming a couple. Buffoons. 

• Love 1

Well, I have to say, I actually liked that ending! After all the Angie/Shade pushing, I was expecting a sappy saccharine ending with the side-stepping duo finally getting married. I was even waiting for them to make us endure a grand wedding. The “Oh shit, what do we do now?” ending kept with the jocularity essence of their relationship. I can even see them coming back, a married couple, but still constantly jabbing at each other. And, blessedly, half the episodes wouldn’t have to be about them realizing their true feelings for each other. Come on, Global, bring it on back! There’s still so much to be told. We need to see Shade have his first grandchild! 😄

Edited by ferjy
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, ferjy said:

The “Oh shit, what do we do now?” ending kept with the jocularity essence of their relationship.

I agree. Just like I thought, they left them getting together until the last few minutes.  But it suited them.

Otherwise, the case of the week was one of their better ones.

Well, that is that - another good show gone to the graveyard.

• Love 6

Man, I held off watching for so long knowing it'd be the finale, but it was nice. Still could've been so much more, but I'm glad we got what we got. Someone go make a petition for Season 6!

Edited by CipherDex
  • Love 5