Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: At All Cost

We have a cure !!

They are setting things up for a big showdown between the talker army (lead by Addy and Murphy) and Estes militia next episode.

We also find out that Murphy can still control the Zs -- as he quiets down 2 bus loads of Zs.

Sun Mei gets added to the deadpool this season -- after being infected with the Z virus by Estes, and cured by the contents of one of her test tubes containing Murphy's blood.  And then getting her brain removed by OBM to use as a source to make the cure.

I hope that Sun Mei's body is truly dead -- otherwise, she's going to be forced to watch Estes and Pandora go at it on the floor of the lab.

Pandora was really vicious when torturing George -- I suspect that George will exact justice on Pandora.

And we get our very own version of Thing from The Addams Family while Sun Mei is testing the cure.

Murphy (to Pandora): "I'm sorry, where do I look -- the real one or the pretty one ?"

Loved CZ and Kaya hiding behind the soda machine, providing hacking services.

• Love 3

SunMei is well and truly dead.  Went out like a Boss though! She was infected by Estes then brought back by the vaccine by Red.  But she was mortally wounded and with the vaccine no chance of coming back. She had one of the better character arcs in the series IMO from enemy to wary ally to trusted friend and then selfless hero. Loved her smile when she realized the vaccine had worked. My heart fell when the gut wound was revealed. Sydney was superb this episode. 

Pandora vs George,  um, where are the tickets? Pandora should be making a brain donation post fight. 

BOTH Doc and 10K better make it through the battle. Hated all the possible foreshadowing. Ditto for CZ, Kaya, Little CZ and Grandma. 

I think Murphy is evolving again. SunMei mentioned that his blood was constantly mutating. In the beginning of the season, Murphy could not control the Talkers. Now, he seem to have gained the ability to control them. Evolution by necessity? Where are Murphy's Blends? Did they die?

I get the sense they are setting up something for Addy and Warren. Though Addie wasn't around last season, I liked what they've done with her character. It fits how she's changed from Season 1 to now. 

Hurray for the cure! It was the mission from the start and it looks like it has been finished. Didn't Murphy eat Doc Merch's brains and that was how he came up with the early Blend mix? Will he repeat it with SunMei's brains? They'll have to leave some of the lab intact to use it later on. 

Estes was side eyeing Pandora while he was talking to the Colonel. I think Estes is going to blindside Pandora and have her killed along with all Talkers and Zs. I need Estes to be the last Undead locked up for eternity like a zoo specimen. Or better yet made into an eternal, aware Talker and exhibited. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, 51Muses said:

BOTH Doc and 10K better make it through the battle. Hated all the possible foreshadowing. Ditto for CZ, Kaya, Little CZ and Grandma. 

When Doc was telling 10K that he thought of him as his son, I got teary eyed but also a bit scared that something will happen to one of them.  I'd hate for this to be the final season and any of the main characters gets killed off.  Not a good way to end the series.

26 minutes ago, 51Muses said:

Estes was side eyeing Pandora while he was talking to the Colonel. I think Estes is going to blindside Pandora and have her killed along with all Talkers and Zs. I need Estes to be the last Undead locked up for eternity like a zoo specimen. Or better yet made into an eternal, aware Talker and exhibited. 

Yeah, I think Estes has plans for Pandora, but I want George to get to her first.

17 hours ago, Nashville said:

Don’t know about y’all, but I’m already sick of Pandora - she acts like she’s all that and a bag of chips, but to me she’s a great big box of nothing.

That "where are the Talkers? Where are the Talkers? Where are the Talkers?" got annoying real fast. And as an aside, how frickin skinny is Lydia Hearst? A size 00? Her waist is impossibly tiny.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Jordan61 said:

And as an aside, how frickin skinny is Lydia Hearst? A size 00? Her waist is impossibly tiny.

At first when I saw her I thought it was the camera work deliberately making her look skinny.  Then I googled pictures of her and she really is that skinny.  Scary skinny.

• Love 4

The news about the series not being renewed colored my viewing of this episode, but my faves moments are:

Estes’ knowing something had to be up seeing as Warren and George were collected so easily 

Murphy’s work with the talkers. He’s really come so far. I think he was able to control them because they were almost rabid (more Z like) w/o biscuits. 

Kaya and CZ’s hacking date inside the soda machine. 

Addy and Murphy trying to be civil with one another as they work together for the greater good. 

The bit about Cooper returning in the next episodes—been awaiting for that one. 

Doc/10K’s moment

While I can’t say Sun Mei’s death was a fave moment, it was fitting that her death served to put the cure in the hands of our faves—good people who’d try to get it to everyone. It was also interesting seeing Red fight a Z who she doesn’t want to kill/hurt, yet she also has to look out for herself. 

Add me to those ready to see Pandora get her proper comeuppance. 

• Love 1