Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: "The World the Girl Saw - The Struggle for Trost, Part 2"

(edited)

Mikasa takes out the "Late for School" Titan and then the remembers her past with Eren.

As creepy as I found that titan she takes out in the beginning, I laughed the entire time. Also note that same titan took someone out by running. XD I also can't believe that crowd of people didn't force their way through. The guys pushing the cart didn't seem armed or threatening in anyway besides social pecking order.

I also can't believe that Eren was acting on his own when he took out the would be kidnappers. There's story there that hasn't been delved into.

ETA: Cranberry, please be feel free to fold this into the Season 1 thread if you feel it necessary. I am not certain of how the forum(s) operate.

Edited by PrincessEnnui

I am a few episodes ahead because I tend to watch it on Netflix but I was up working on school work and caught this episode.  I have to say the episode goes by quickly and it was nice to see some back story, albeit tragic.  The weird running Titan may be the freakiest one to me it's just so....odd......  I also don't recommend eating while watching this show, and I was only eating chicken and dumpling soup lol.

• Love 1

I like that we haven't had to wait a long time for back story on these characters. But, this was a long time to leave the "Eren was eaten" storyline from last episode.

This series definitely takes the prize for darkest show on [as]. Deadman Wonderland at least included a bit of humor.

• Love 1

I don't know, Attack on Titan at least gives you hope. In Deadman Wonderland, things look up for a second, then the writer yanks all that hope away. I've seen worse though, Bokurano for example. If I remember right, it seems the popular thing in stories (in Japan) is to make the characters suffer.

By the by, I noticed there was no prologue this ep and I am certain there is one in this episode. I hope the dub keeps this up. I don't need to be reminded what the current arc is.

I forgot to mention - the detail that there aren't any more Asians in this world is interesting, particularly since It wasn't really a question that I was thinking of. I like a bit of unexpected world building.

• Love 1
(edited)

I forgot to mention - the detail that there aren't any more Asians in this world is interesting, particularly since It wasn't really a question that I was thinking of. I like a bit of unexpected world building.

With that being said, are there any other minorities present in this series?  I guess I kind of want to know are there titans attacking other parts of the world?  It intrigues me but that's what makes it good.

Edited by ttso20

With that being said, are there any other minorities present in this series?

The drill instructor Shadis had a dark complexion. Other than that, no I don't think so. It does make some sense though. It has been over 100 years since humanity retreated into the walls and this completely closed the gene pool. If the original population was predominately caucasian, then in 4 or 5 generations since any minorities that existed would become even more rare or possibly vanish completely.

Just caught the episode. Damn, Eren was a little psychopath. He killed two grown men, and probably would've gotten the third if he knew about him. And yeah, I think we need a little humor, because a lot of the people on this show are evil enough without Titans gobbling folks up.

Armin is the blonde kid, right? How long until he snaps and frags somebody?

Turns out there's a "Crowning Moment of Funny" page for this show on TVTropes.com . . . and that's where I found this GIF. Late for school indeed.

• Love 3