Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Tall Men with Feelings

• Start Topic

I've been watching S1 over again as kind of a marathon, but I got stuck here.

It's not as great an episode as "Lesbian Request Denied" and "Bora Bora Bora," but god, hearing Larry say such awful things about Suzanne and Miss Claudette just breaks my heart over and over againt.

Ah, so psych was the plan for Pennsutucky.  Kinda sorry Piper bailed on the plan.

That was very harsh of Piper to leave Alex right when her mother died and couldn't even been there as a friend.

That's hard for Daya, but I hope they get rid of Mendez.

Oh man, Piper is giong to get it now.  Larry was really bad to say some of those things.  It wasn't his right to tell other's stories.  Especially since he knew the inmates could hear too.  I get that he feel betrayed, but given the situtation Piper is in, its not like she has all the much control over things.

It was dickish but I don't think Piper was wrong to leave Alex when she did. She had already broken up with her. You don't have any obligation to go to your ex-girlfriend's mother's funeral. Piper obviously has little to no self-control around Alex. I mean she risks the SHU to be able to be with her. She had to leave when she had the resolve. And it isn't as though she just randomly got sick of Alex and the business. She left specifically in response to being asked to do more illegal shit. Illegal shit we know was going to get her prison time and would have gotten her more time had she done more of it.

And this is a woman who tried to hide her passport to strand her in a foriegn country to prevent her from leaving. She is going to try to manipulate her into staying with her given any oppurtonity.

I am not saying Piper couldn't have been more sympathetic. But, ultimately, Alex was all alone when her mom died because Alex is a drug dealer and incapable of making compromises for the people in her life. And who has alienated everyone from her life. Her choices got her to that point. Just like Piper's choices got her into prison. In the end, it wasn't on Piper.

As for her not even being there as a friend, I think it is clear that these aren't two people who are ever going to be capable of being friends. Sex is too integral to their dynamic.

Edited by CherithCutestory
  • Love 1