Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: The Deadly Toys

Three scientists are replaced by androids one by one after they collectively refuse to create a devastating weapon known as Project XYZ. When Diana Prince investigates a suspicious toy maker she meets face to face with... Wonder Woman.

I am starting to wonder whether 1970's Washington had more disgruntled underlings waiting for a chance to commit treason than 1940's Washington had Nazi spies.

I did notice in the opening scene, you could see the fishing line lowering the deflating android.

On the plus side, IRAC is finally becoming part of the plot instead of something that was introduced in Episode 1 and then ignored, and Frank Gorshin never failed to deliver, in this case essentially Superman's Toyman.

• Love 1

LOL! I completely forgot this was set in DC. Yeah, that convertible must have been a bit chilly.

I find I'm enjoying these episodes more than I expected to. Oh, the stories aren't terribly complex, but Lynda sells it. It's fun to see Diana be independent instead of second fiddle to Steve.

And yes, Frank Gorshin was always amazing.

Unfortunately LW's Steve Trevor--both versions--comes off as a bit of a cheesy dolt so I'm fine with his character being pushed to the background as the show progresses.  I'm not sure why they included him in the 70s version to start with since they didn't want to "go there" with him being a love interest.

• Love 1

I was half-watching this but good grief, this show is getting so stupid! How the hell is a toymaker creating android doubles of people? I don't know about you, but those androids didn't seem to very well made since they began twitching and melted into a puddle of goo at the slightest provocation. Why did Diana and Steve think substituting the real scientist the toymaker and co-conspirator were selling to another country with androids and letting them take care of the pair when they find out they'd been duped was a Good Idea? Those functional androids were probably far more valuable than whatever project the real scientists were working on! My initial reaction to that final scene was the same as the first time it aired: "WONDER WOMAN IS DEFACING PROPERTY WITH GRAFFITI!".

It was a Christmas episode, and yet we never find out what Steve got Diana for Christmas. I wonder when Diana first learned about Christmas in America. Probably in the 1940s, in some unaired adventure.

My initial reaction to that final scene was the same as the first time it aired: "WONDER WOMAN IS DEFACING PROPERTY WITH GRAFFITI!".

LOL... I think I assumed she was using spray-snow rather than actual paint :).

• Love 1