Type keyword(s) to search

S02E06: Hold What You Got

CooperTV

I figured Stella was heading towards deciding she can't handle a life where she's always worried about Clay's survival but, damn, her timing sucks.  I know Clay kept pushing her to tell him what was bothering her but, still.  I've never cared about their relationship so if this is it for them I'm fine with it.

Ugh, I'm not into any Sonny/Davis pairing either.  Sonny is entertaining but I find him a bit gross.  I think Davis can do so much better.

Jason is such an ass.  He walks into another country and almost immediately starts insulting the people who live that cartel war every day.

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't even know why I'm watching this show anymore, considering I'm only interested in Sonny, Davis and Sonny/Davis. I fully expect the almost-kiss will never have any follow-up but they're so awesome together I can't help but to be hopeful.

Clay and Mandy both have terrible obnoxious smirks on at any time, especially if it's a tense and/or emotional scene.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, rove4 said:

I figured Stella was heading towards deciding she can't handle a life where she's always worried about Clay's survival but, damn, her timing sucks.  I know Clay kept pushing her to tell him what was bothering her but, still.  I've never cared about their relationship so if this is it for them I'm fine with it.

Ugh, I'm not into any Sonny/Davis pairing either.  Sonny is entertaining but I find him a bit gross.  I think Davis can do so much better.

Jason is such an ass.  He walks into another country and almost immediately starts insulting the people who live that cartel war every day.

From the first lack of respect shown to the Colonel I was waiting for the Commander to put the Master Chief back in check. But he continued as the ugly elite forces American. Next time they had better send the Green Berets

• Love 1
On 11/9/2018 at 7:32 AM, rove4 said:

Agreed! I remember the dialog being thus (paraphrased):

Jason: You don't wanna come along on our raid? You must be a PUSSY!

Mexican soldier: Yeah, about that... if someone from my old neighborhood recognizes me the cartel is going to kill everyone I ever knew, starting with my immediate family.

Jason: Sounds like you're a GODDAMN COWARD!

Mexican soldier: Fine, if this is going to be a dick-measuring contest I'll go along... against my better judgment because my family is totally getting murdered for this.

Later we see that the soldier was recognized, there are murals of him and his family painted up with MUERTE all over the them and the cartel car-bombed the secret barracks. But at least Jason is good at team building! Now that guy will really be motivated!

• Love 2

I again liked Clay's GF.   She tried her damnedest to put forward a brave soldier's soulmate front.  She went to the airfield.  Clay is the one who demanded her truth there and then.  He got it.  I honor her decision.  How many times after times have I seen people afraid to respect their deepest misgivings, only to enter into ill-fated relationships?  This lady knew her limits.  To her credit, she did not put it on Clay immediately prior to a deployment.  He did.

Jason's praise for the Mexican Marines was a load.  Lopez had a clear shot and didn't even raise his weapon on the most highly valued target he had ever come across.  Then he failed to rush to the window where he would have had easy shots within 25 yards.  Laughable.  The very real risks of folks like Lopez are no joke.  This TV version of one of them is.

The budding affair is turrible.  Neither of them are suitable for any suitable partner.  Not now.  Maybe ever.  Toxic on toxic.

Mandy needs to STFU about any doubts she has had.  The time to fight that fight was when the assignments were made.  Jason was supposed to lead a basically new team into the middle of the home ground of the Davo dude?  No exfil plan.  No nothing.  Just go.  Then, bingo, they are the hunted by the local youth organization.  Prudent call, Jason.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:19 PM, dwmarch said:

Agreed! I remember the dialog being thus (paraphrased):

Jason: You don't wanna come along on our raid? You must be a PUSSY!

Mexican soldier: Yeah, about that... if someone from my old neighborhood recognizes me the cartel is going to kill everyone I ever knew, starting with my immediate family.

Jason: Sounds like you're a GODDAMN COWARD!

Mexican soldier: Fine, if this is going to be a dick-measuring contest I'll go along... against my better judgment because my family is totally getting murdered for this.

Later we see that the soldier was recognized, there are murals of him and his family painted up with MUERTE all over the them and the cartel car-bombed the secret barracks. But at least Jason is good at team building! Now that guy will really be motivated!

LOL!  That's pretty much how I remember it too!