Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: Rule 34

• Start Topic

When packages with gruesome contents are delivered to six people in the Washington, D.C. area, the BAU must first figure out what connects the recipients before they can identify the UnSub. Also, Simmons and Kristy struggle to connect with their son, David, who is suspended from school for aggressive behavior.

Or, people just got caught up with other stuff/blanked on starting the thread. I've seen people forget to start episode threads in other forums on this site, too. It happens. 

Anywho, I thought this was a very odd case. The unsub was bizarre (and his motive seemed kind of...confusing?), and that image of the heads on the bedposts will haunt me for a while. 

I did like Rossi's confrontation with that webmaster lady, though, and the way he talked the unsub down. And I also liked Luke showing concern for Garcia, and seeing Matt's family still dealing with the effects of their ordeal from last season. 

• Love 2

Other than the  fetish website, this case was like several episodes they’ve already done. Pretty sure the table the guys were on has been in several episodes used for the same purpose as this episode.  

They seem to be running out of ideas.    

• Love 4

I loved the ubsubs. Everything was great about this episode.

As for not opening a thread, I feel like To the CM fan base has gotten frustrated with getting 1 good storyline and 20 terrible ones. The writers should have continued with Reid's storyline after he was imprisoned. I think them focusing on ubsubs like nothing happened to the Reid the season before pissed people off.

Thats an entire damn season and 3+ episodes and no word (or show) on Reid or his trauma. That and the firing of Thomas Gibson really hurt the show. Also, their lack of hiring new writers is just bad. I don't even remember season 13. It was bad enough to make this fan base drop. I've been watching this show since I was 15. It saddens me when I think about what they did to it.

Edited by K42
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Other than the  fetish website, this case was like several episodes they’ve already done. Pretty sure the table the guys were on has been in several episodes used for the same purpose as this episode.  

They seem to be running out of ideas.    

Even 3-4 (heh) years ago, they literally had unsubs based on 17 different unsubs that had previously appeared on the show.

http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_Peterson

http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Justin_Leu

50 minutes ago, The Wild Sow said:

Guys getting cut up (alive!) with a bone saw while somebody plays loud music to cover up their screams -- maybe just a little too close to real events this week?

Oh yes. I had this very comment written last night but it disapered somewhere in the cyber world.

I thought that immediately and the more it went on, particularly the last scene, I wondered....eeek.

In fairness CM was filmed long before this event and I guess as it did not occur I the US and the way the media works, it's very possible a lot of viewers might not even be aware of the significance. 

As for the episode, yep, like so many others over recent years, it feels very much like same story different day. 

The unsub was slightly interesting but I was oddly curious about the webmaster/mistress. There was something about her. She looked and sounded really familiar and I'm not sure if it's because she reminds me of another actor or someone I actually know!! I liked her interaction with Rossi who I might add has been my favourite character over the last few seasons. I've long made it known my cast makeup preferences. Newbies just not cutting it for me.

Bookends were OK, but again I couldn't help feel that this was a replay of Hotch and Jack, or should I say a scene we should have seen with Hotch and Jack. The little guy playing David was really cute and a good little actor and Daniel Henny is a very attractive man, but the family man/work conflicts have been done.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, mefein said:

Bookends were OK, but again I couldn't help feel that this was a replay of Hotch and Jack, or should I say a scene we should have seen with Hotch and Jack. The little guy playing David was really cute and a good little actor and Daniel Henny is a very attractive man, but the family man/work conflicts have been done.

Just based on the bookends, you'd never know that there are 3 other children!

• Love 2