Type keyword(s) to search

Buffy Calendar

• Start Topic

Other April 8 birthdays include Katee Sackhoff (who was in Battlestar Galactica with Edward James Olmos, who was on Miami Vice with Don Johnson, who was in Blood and OIl with Chace Crawford, who was on Gossip Girl with MT) and American Sniper Chris Kyle.  The film adaptation of Kyle's book featured Luke Grimes, who's currently on Yellowstone with Wes Bentley, who was in American Beauty with Mena Suvari, who was in American Pie with Aly.

Thus doing a connection that includes American Sniper, American Beauty, and American Pie without even trying to do that sort of theme.  Huh.

Another year older, another year wiser.  (We hope.)

It always amuses me that one of the best ways to tell the Schultz twins apart is that Nick has notably thicker brows.  What, did big brother get first dibs on the eyebrow hair?

xander2-900x726.jpg

emma-caulfield-nicholas-brendon.jpeg

And here are yesterday's honoree and tomorrow's, together:

e3871193eab3934f642a6818dd9a51e9.jpg

Huh.  Is there a late-S2 photoshoot at Torrance High that I don't know about?  And I don't recognize either of those outfits from the show.  Hmm.

740full-nicholas-brendon.jpg

8684ec31219ae409a02eee3ae730e327.jpg

wow-a-chest-hair-buffy-the-vampire-slaye

Er, Riley, is there something we should know?  And I believe Forrest would like an explanation…

And one finale shot…

a413b74cc0e992f8cca7e300befc8f9e.jpg

See, I knew Xander was just faking with that eyepatch!  It was all a plot to fool the First!

(Granted a couple of finger-puppets and a carefully-angled lampshade could probably manage that…but it never hurts to be cautious.)

Sarah:

sarah_michelle_gellar-3.jpg

Sarah-Michelle-Gellar-Pictures.jpg

At the 2012 Golden Globes:

Sarah-Michelle-Gellar-at-69th-Annual-Gol

"One girl in all the world, a Chosen One…"

740full-sarah-michelle-gellar.jpg

sarah-michelle-gellar-buffy-vampire-slay

As Kendall on All My Children (with Rudolf "Dracula" Martin):All-My-Children-sarah-michelle-gellar-64

"We're on UPN now" press conference, October 2001:

buffy-the-vampire-slayer-press-conferenc

The movie star…

sarah-michelle-gellar-44.jpg?resize=696,

Palling around with Shannen Doherty:

69794085-0-image-a-31_1681398726938.jpg

(What's with those toes, Smidge?)

And two months ago:

AA17byG3.img

"I come from a long line of 'fry cooks' who don't live much past 25."  —Buffy to Riley, Doomed

Shows what they know.  Keep on cooking, Smidge!

Speaking of Sarah and Aly…

…we all remember this (if we're devoted Wiffy 'shiippers who've heard the rumor that SMG had a real-life crush on Aly, at least):

1-17-1998_1.06.08.00.jpg

Yes, it's Smidge's nationally televised shout-out to one particular castmate at the end of her SNL hosting debut. 

(Which I did not know was the Saturday night before the Surprise/Innocence "two-night event" and the shift to BtVS airing on Tuesdays.  Huh.  Odd of NBC to be so accommodating in letting their hosts schedule appearances to promote other networks' programming, I'd say.)

But…what is this?

behind-the-scenes-buffy-the-vampire-slay

Apparently there was a fan event that weekend and the cast (minus CC) shows off another sign that Sarah left behind.

(ASH is, of course, hanging all over Aly, as he always does.  Seth's still there because they're filming BB&B, with Buffy en-ratted to cover for Sarah's absence.)

I suppose this makes the personal dedication on the SNL sign even more notable.  Hmm.

However…

D2chy09WkAUtAOz?format=jpg&name=small

…then all the guys went for Aly!  Smidge, come get your gurl…

(And no wonder CC wasn't there, then.  She had no desire to witness "that famous shy girl act that all the boys fall for."  You don't have to be Cordelia Chase to spot where this was going.)

And yes, this would have been far more appropriate back in January, for the actual 25th anniversary.  But "three months late" isn't actually that tardy, on my personal Slowpoke Scale, honestly.

• Useful 1
(edited)
On 4/20/2023 at 12:25 AM, Halting Hex said:

and the boys are just natural clowns

I'm not sure Nick is having fun here.

He looks like he either got kicked in his... nuts or he's about to pee on David's sneakers... Who knows maybe that was the reason for the feud between the two?.. 

No need to drink so much, Nicky...

gettyimages-1344947205-1024x1024.jpg

Edited by lembergwatcher
(edited)

Nice pale-blue "dress" in that antepenultimate pic, Julie!  Did Darla save that from her "working" days?

(Not that I mind.  Mockery ≠ disapproval, obviously.)

So she and David are both Tauruses, as I probably knew once but forgot.  No wonder Darla and Angel lasted "for several generations".  Those Earth signs can be really bull-headed, y'know.

Edited by Halting Hex
Because possessive pronouns are valuable possessions..
(edited)

David, David…

DB-3-david-boreanaz-35650331-500-681.jpg

At least the costumers on Whedon's shows kept him out of pastels.

DavidBoreanaz01_296929.jpg

OTOH, we've seen Lie to Me, so we do know that red silk is approved vampire-wear.

e06a0931cacd73a119d49e031b38e819--david-

And speaking of that (mass-murdering asshole) hunk, Angel, this pic looks to be from that series.  So I should probably be able to identify that location.

But, to quote Xander (in SAR):  "Drawin' a blank."

304780.jpg

Geez, I think grinning David here looks scarier than Angel usually did.  What's with the interlocked fingers and the leather chair?  Is this a live-action The Simpsons and he's playing Mr. Burns?

david-boreanaz-143.jpg

Same old square-jaw.

1369075239000-david-boreanaz-1305201441_

Giving a graduation speech at his alma mater, Ithaca College, in 2013.  Did not turn into a giant snake.

(AFAWK, anyhow.)

Edited by Halting Hex

My favorite "creacher" and a former co-worker's beloved acting teacher.

(You think Flutie would have preferred to be eaten by Natalie instead of the Pack, all things considered?  There's something to be said for a swift clean bite, I'd think.)

10 hours ago, lembergwatcher said:

Buffy meets Dawson's Creek meets Felicity meets...

…Seventh Heaven (Jessica Biel, front and center) and probably somebody from Roswell  in the mix, albeit I couldn't say whom.

There does seem to be a notable absence of Halliwell sisters, though.  Which is odd, considering that Charmed was pulling the kind of ratings that BtVS  would need witchcraft to match.

Is that S3 or S4 hair that Aly is sporting? If the latter, a bit surprising that there's nobody here to rep the spinoff, then.

Cool pic, though.

• Like 1

It is a shame that Felicia doesn't appear to have advanced much over the past decade; I thought she had stardom written all over her.

On an annual OT from upthread, Turner Classic is making us wait for this year's showing of 1776, but it's coming.  10:45 pm ET, 7:45 Pacific, 03:45 GMT.  (I suppose they're right to project limited interest abroad.)

Tune and/or set those DVRs, if interested.

(edited)

Happy CC day!!

Love the attitude in that Malibu Shores promo shot.  

I've got a pre-BtVS shot as well:

21cc-gthumb-gwdata1200-ghdata1200-gfitda

Charisma-charisma-carpenter-2619673-436-

740full-charisma-carpenter.jpg

UPN! Turn it UP!!

Ahem.

ustv-the-lying-game-charisma-carpenter-a

The Lying Game promo.

charisma-carpenter-the-expendables-premi

charisma-carpenter-the-last-exorcism-pre

740full-charisma-carpenter.jpg

My forever Queen!