Type keyword(s) to search

Buffy Calendar

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

And within the show, Devon tells Oz he could get "any girl [he wants]".  Just because we didn't get random scenes of Oz dodging groupies didn't mean that it didn't happen.  They can't show everything, after all.

Devon is just delusional. Somehow I find it hard to imagine asexual Oz dodging groupies 😁 Does he dodge them in between making out sessions with Willow?.. I guess the vast majority groupies went after Devon. Of course they can't show everything . Although if they tried and wasted less time on unnecessary things, they could've showed so much more. 

On 4/27/2020 at 8:27 PM, lembergwatcher said:

April 28

1997 - S.01E.08 I Robot, You Jane was originally broadcast.

1998 - S.02E.19 I Only Have Eyes for You was originally broadcast.

Crossover episode!   Moloch keeps possessing random SHS people and reenacting the scene where Carlo pledges his love and Moloch snaps his neck.  Giles really thinks it ties into Jenny because of this.

• Love 1

It appears that Bailey Chase may not actually be gay, after all.  I was mildly surprised by the picture of him with (I presume) his wife and daughters, went looking for what I thought might be an interesting coming-out story, and could only find reports of his playing various gay characters over the past decade.  Which is just being sloppy, people; one shouldn't conflate the actor with his roles.

Most notably, in the 24 reboot, he and Dan Bucatinsky played FBI agents who were also romantic partners.  Dan, an Emmy winner for Scandal, is definitely gay; he's been married to writer/director Don Roos since 2008.  

But, far more importantly, I knew Dan (briefly and not that well) decades ago.  Which knocks my personal Buffy number down to 2 (me to Dan, Dan to Bailey).  Which is probably as low as it's going to go, let's face it.  Unless Rachel Bilson shows up at my door and throws herself at me, or something.

(I don't count fannish encounters with the actors as a starting point;  I knew Bucatinsky when.  I know him so well [again, not really] that I know how to pronounce his surname without checking Wikipedia.  That's different from seeing Nick Brendon on the street in 2010, IMO.)

On 5/2/2020 at 5:34 AM, Halting Hex said:

It appears that Bailey Chase may not actually be gay, after all.  I was mildly surprised by the picture of him with (I presume) his wife and daughters

According to Wikipedia Bailey is married to a woman named Amy Wilson since 2012 and they have three kids.  

Crossover episode!  Sid joins the swim team!

No, wait, that's not going to work…

"What do you mean? I'm naturally buoyant! It's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean!"  Er, no.

(It is possible to imagine Marc doing a Gage-like skin-shedding while he's in the box, though.)

• Love 1
(edited)

Crouse's Birthday:  1997—Buffy becomes a vampire

Crouse's Birthday:  1998—Angel "becomes" a vampire, Buffy becomes a Slayer.

(Also, 2/5 of our Hank Summers appearances, albeit we don't see Dean Butler on camera in the S2 episode.)

Fun fact:  Russell Crouse was a Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright.  He and partner Howard Lindsay wrote most of The Sound of Music.  They were known professionally as "Lindsay and Crouse"…Lindsay Ann Crouse's name is a pun on that.

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

These always catch me by surprise until I remember it's already tomorrow in Europe.  Happy Birthday, David!

(Steady work for 22 of the past 23 years and gets paid to [I presume] make out with Jessica Paré.  As jobs go, it beats weather forecasting…)

On 5/1/2020 at 1:13 AM, lembergwatcher said:

Happy birthday, Bailey Chase Luetgert!

Bailey Chase-Primetimer.jpg

Bailey Chase-Primetimer2.jpg

Bailey Chase-Primetimer6.jpg

Bailey Chase-Primetimer4.jpg

Bailey Chase-Primetimer5.jpg

Gotta love Bailey, really ubiquitous and very useful for Six degrees of Bufferation 

On 5/11/2020 at 12:39 AM, lembergwatcher said:

Happy birthday, Adam Kaufman!

Adam Kaufman-Primetimer1.jpg

Adam Kaufman-Primetimer2.jpg

Adam Kaufman-Primetimer3.jpg

Adam Kaufman-Primetimer5.jpg

Adam Kaufman-Primetimer6.jpg

Adam Kaufman-Primetimer7.jpeg

I wonder if he still gets grief from Buffy fans? Saw him on L&O;SVU and he was very good.  

I'm getting a bit pissed at the WB for only calling the series "Buffy" in the promos.  Say the name, dang it!  I know Whedon hated it, too.  Nice to see we still agree on some stuff, I suppose.