Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Family

• Start Topic

On 8/10/2022 at 3:14 AM, watcher1006 said:

Does Beth's resentment toward Tara seem natural? I can understand Tara's father's attitude better, and her brother seems to be something of a dimwit, but I don't get the intensity of Beth's resentment toward her cousin.

Maybe Beth's attitude has something to do with Tara running away from home leaving for UC Sunnydale and the fact that Beth has to become the sole "caretaker" for Daddy Maclay and Donnie who do not seem to be the most pleasant people and hardly appreciate Beth's job. What if Beth had to give up something so Tara could enjoy college life and a new (?)* girlfriend? So I guess that's where Beth's resentment towards Tara comes from.

Or maybe Beth just doesn't like gay people, who knows?..

* I have no idea whether Willow was Tara's "first" or were there other girlfriends before our beloved redhead came into Tara's life... Tara was Willow's first girlfriend, that's for sure, but in Tara's case... We still don't know much about the other wicca.

Edited by lembergwatcher
On 7/7/2021 at 9:54 AM, lembergwatcher said:

How come Xander almost got punished with "Willowless weekend" for talking without thinking back in the day (Prophecy Girl) while Saint Tara is freed from her family's grasp (which means we won't see Cousin Beth ever again 😢) and gets "best birthday" for lying and endangering the lives of her friends and loved ones??

Well, erm, Xander and Willow were only friends.  Very good friends, but still friends.  Whereas Willow and Tara are something more.  "Willowhand" and all that.

ANYA:  Oh, you mean an orgasm friend?

GILES:  Yes, that's exactly the most appalling thing you could have said.  —Hush

Now, obviously Willow should be above giving Tara special treatment just because of their sexual relationship, but let's be real.  To quote Ms. Rosenberg herself, "welcome to the world!"  The girl who introduces you to multiple orgasms is going to get more rope than the guy who wants you to be his back-up date; that's just how it is.

Do I wish my Favorite Fictional Character EVER was even more perfect in every circumstance?  Sure, why not?  But c'mon.  To paraphrase Buffy, "what am I, St. Willow?"  It happens.  

And so it goes, as Graham Nash, Billy Joel, Taylor Swift and probably others (it's a rather obvious song title, after all) have told us.

12 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

The girl who introduces you to multiple orgasms is going to get more rope than the guy who wants you to be his back-up date; that's just how it is.

I see your point. I just think that it's not totally right to turn a blind eye on Tara casting spells that could've got everyone killed just because Tara sleeps with Willow. Everyone is free to give Tara preferences over Xander as much as they want but I believe that this particular case was a little bit too serious to just pretend like nothing's happened.