Type keyword(s) to search

Numb3rs - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Calvada said:

The character I didn't like was Nikki - she got on my last nerve.

Me, too.  I didn't care for Millie either.  Although, I did think that Charlie treated her disrespectfully.

20 minutes ago, Calvada said:

I remember the season when David Krumholtz came back from the break having gained a few pounds, and those of us on TWOP were discussing it, and Cheryl Heuton, the show's creator who often posted on TWOP, assured us most definitely that he would lose the weight.  It was clear they were not happy about it!

I don't think I even noticed. I saw him a couple of years ago on something, and I definitely noticed that he had gained weight.

(edited)
9 hours ago, Calvada said:

remember the season when David Krumholtz came back from the break having gained a few pounds, and those of us on TWOP were discussing it, and Cheryl Heuton, the show's creator who often posted on TWOP, assured us most definitely that he would lose the weight.  It was clear they were not happy about it!

Soon after the last season Krumholtz was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, which can cause changes in weight, including weight gain. He was quite heavy a couple of years ago, but recent pictures show him at the same weight as season one Numb3rs. Hopefully that's a good thing—weight loss heralded my own past cancer and was ignored by my doctor, so I tend to be concerned when I see weight loss in others.

Watching the reruns I realize Judd Hirsch was the talent-glue that held the show together for me. 

It makes me sad to see the two brothers' credits at the end now that Tony Scott is gone. I always think that at least part of the idea for the show about two brothers working together came from the relationship between Tony and Ridley Scott.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3

In my original post about S6, I deleted a comment about Dylan Bruno because I'm usually uncomfortable criticizing weight gain when I don't know the cause but honestly, he should have had words with whoever picked out the pictures for the S6 dvd artwork. They were extremely unflattering. 

On 7/4/2019 at 11:48 AM, Katy M said:

Me, too.  I didn't care for Millie either.  Although, I did think that Charlie treated her disrespectfully.

I didn't like Millie on my first watch, but on future re-watches, I liked her a lot more and felt like some of her comments were legit - Amita DID dress less professionally than she probably should have in her position, Larry SHOULD NOT have been sleeping in the steam tunnels no matter how "cute" and "quirky" he is... Charlie spending his spare time on cases for the FBI is none of her business, but I do recall her asking him to not use CalSci's big computer or something when others needed it, which is legit. 

Regardless of where one comes down on those though, I thought they should have kept her and Alan together, had her make periodic appearances throughout the rest of the show.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, JessDVD said:

I didn't like Millie on my first watch, but on future re-watches, I liked her a lot more and felt like some of her comments were legit - Amita DID dress less professionally than she probably should have in her position, Larry SHOULD NOT have been sleeping in the steam tunnels no matter how "cute" and "quirky" he is... Charlie spending his spare time on cases for the FBI is none of her business, but I do recall her asking him to not use CalSci's big computer or something when others needed it, which is legit. 

Yeah, I agree. That's why I said that Charlie was disrespectful to her. She was his boss. And she was right about the work issues.  But, there was just something about her that bugged me.  Like when she couldn't play chess and then she could.  And her bet with Alan about not buying anything for a certain amount of time. For the record, I think she was right. Having a student fix whatever it was that broke was within the rules.  The idea was not to waste and consume so much, so fixing something rather than tossing it and getting a new one is a great idea.  But, she just seemed so smug about those two things.  

As for Amita, though, I had a couple of professors that would wear jeans.  One of them was really weird and had a tradition where on the first day of class he would pretend he was a student.  I don't know how old he was when he started doing that joke, but he definitely should have quit by the time I was a freshman because nobody was buying it. Plus, we all (or at least some of us) had heard he was going to do that anyway.  

I guess my point is that if a school doesn't have a dress code, then it doesn't have a dress code. 

• Love 2

Watching today, it's been a while, I had seen all the episodes and needed a little break. They are currently running the episode where Charlie discovers that his dad had not donated all of his mother's things like he told the boys. Charlie and Don are meddling and telling their dad what to do. This irritates me so very much, I've lost family members, and grieving is different for every person, I still have my mom's number on my cell phone and she's been gone 10 years - I did put "deceased" next to her name in the contact list so that some stranger won't get a call telling them that their daughter had died (in case something happens to me and authorities have to look for next of kin in my phone) I also marked my siblings and nieces by relationship. I haven't named someone to notify as next of kin or to notify in case of emergency because, frankly, I don't give that many shits about most of my family. I do have one niece that I may name to make decisions in case I am unable to, but I don't really want any of the rest of them making those decisions.  But back to the subject, Charlie and Don should have just left their father alone to grieve as he needed to.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, friendperidot said:

Watching today, it's been a while, I had seen all the episodes and needed a little break. They are currently running the episode where Charlie discovers that his dad had not donated all of his mother's things like he told the boys. Charlie and Don are meddling and telling their dad what to do. This irritates me so very much, I've lost family members, and grieving is different for every person, I still have my mom's number on my cell phone and she's been gone 10 years - I did put "deceased" next to her name in the contact list so that some stranger won't get a call telling them that their daughter had died (in case something happens to me and authorities have to look for next of kin in my phone) I also marked my siblings and nieces by relationship. I haven't named someone to notify as next of kin or to notify in case of emergency because, frankly, I don't give that many shits about most of my family. I do have one niece that I may name to make decisions in case I am unable to, but I don't really want any of the rest of them making those decisions.  But back to the subject, Charlie and Don should have just left their father alone to grieve as he needed to.

I feel the same way any time there's an episode of TV where someone has lost a spouse and somebody else is telling them they need to start dating.  No, they need to start dating whey they are ready to start dating.  Not when you think they are ready.  And if you want to keep a loved one's belongings until you die, that's your business.  I mean if it's been a long time and you're not working and you're not showering and you're not eating and you're not socializing at all, by all means, someone step in.    But, not just because somebody's not dating or hasn't donated stuff, or still listens to old messages.  

• Love 3