Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Episode 7

• Start Topic

Actually from my vast knowledge of London society gleaned from Oscar Wilde And Shaw it does seem true that at dinner parties married couples were not sent down together. Which makes sense as you’d want people to mingle. I’ve no idea why it would matter at a buffet. 

• Love 2

Things I learned from this episode:

Ross is still a jealous, impulsive idiot who would rather sulk than have a conversation with his wife.

Demelza is a naive idiot who should have excused herself from Adderly's attentions.  It would have been polite enough but message clear.

Teenage boys will be teenage boys who blurt out whatever comes to mind without thinking.  (And it was worth it to see George's expression.)

Dwight and Caroline are still the best couple on the show.  And to think in the first season I couldn't stand her.

George truly is Wile E Coyote.

• Love 3
On 11/12/2018 at 7:54 PM, voiceover said:

I'm sad that no one caught my "Black Adder-ly" joke.  Am I the oldest person in this thread??

Way late to the party but I did.

I also spent the entirety of his appearance on the show mentally referring to him as Thelonious Cannonball, which makes me even older, if slightly more cool.

• LOL 1

I’ve binged watched the series up to this point (although I’ve looked ahead to see what’s coming...) and it looks like the show ran out of ideas once Demelza slept with Hugh.  Why do they keep revisiting her infidelity each episode? Ross literally has Valentine walking around as a reminder of his (that all important parties know is his) but he keeps doubting Demelza of all people.  How was she supposed to know how to behave in London?  Why did he not step in earlier with Adderly? Also, why would Geoffrey Charles say a dumb thing like Valentine is the spitting image of Ross? In front of George? Ugh.

• Love 1