Type keyword(s) to search

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

starri
  • Start Topic

On 4/5/2021 at 8:14 PM, Giuseppe said:

I guess my biggest question is, does every Spider-verse have only one spider person at a time? If the blond Peter hadn't been killed, would there have been TWO Spider-men in that particular universe, or did some cosmic shenanigans time it so that Miles would get bitten right before Peter died?

And when did all the alt-spideys arrive in Miles' universe? How long had they been hanging out in Aunt May's basement lair? I might have missed an explanation.

If “Peter A” had lived, there would have been two Spideys based in that universe.  I had stopped actively reading comics by then, but I believe that Peter was a mentor to Miles in what was known as the Ultimates Universe (which is where he first appeared, and which inspired parts of this film’s story).  He also eventually died, but not as immediately as in the film.  Basically, there were no cosmic shenanigans involved, other than simple plot expediency.

Otherwise, all the other Spider-People were transported to Miles’ reality by the multiverse blast at the start of the film.  However, they didn’t all arrive at the same time.  I think Gwen says she got sent back a week into the past?  The other three must have also been knocked back in time, but I don’t think they specifically say when - so afaik, you didn’t miss a specific explanation.

Hope that helps!

• Love 1