Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: To Live With Fear, Part 1

Something I never understood about this episode: how does one get a life-threatening intestinal infection from being knocked down by a horse? Head injury? Makes sense. Neck or back injury? Logical. A few lost teeth? Eh, she'd have probably lost 'em to gum rot by age 30. But intestine? Did some manner of equine colic work its way in via her nooks and crannies?

(edited)
6 hours ago, SCS said:

Something I never understood about this episode: how does one get a life-threatening intestinal infection from being knocked down by a horse? Head injury? Makes sense. Neck or back injury? Logical. A few lost teeth? Eh, she'd have probably lost 'em to gum rot by age 30. But intestine? Did some manner of equine colic work its way in via her nooks and crannies?

It's been a while since I've seen this one, but I remember she got kicked in the stomach and did some sort of backflip.  I could see internal bleeding, but yeah, hard to see how there would be an infection unless it came from the hospital itself.  But then, I'm not a medical practitioner.

What I don't get is how she was able to walk back to the house and act like everything was fine.

Edited by Brn2bwild

I thought she had to have her appendix out. I remember her telling the eye doctor that when she was going blind, that it was almost as bad as when she had scarlet fever.

I actually remember when this episode aired originally. My mother used to always refer to LHTP as the tragedy show. They were showing Mary in the hospital and my mom asked what happened to her. I had to respond with "She got kicked by a horse." I had to laugh at my response. Weekly tragedy indeed!!