Type keyword(s) to search

Disappeared - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/4/2023 at 4:36 PM, Kat20 said:

I agree that Sydney likely jumped. John Brooks and Erika Brooks, who lost their daughter, Casey, when she jumped in 2008, said she seemed excited about going to Bennington College even though they had recently experienced some rough patches. John wrote a book, The Girl Behind the Door, that goes into more detail. He also has a blog: https://parentingandattachment.com Casey's body was also never found, but they did have surveillance footage of her jumping at about 6:40am. (The tapes are erased after about six months, but the Brooks chose not to view it.) Also, Kevin Hines is one of the few to survive the jump and goes around speaking about his experience.

I skimmed through the book in the library. 

• Useful 1

I just watched last night's episode, "Mystery in the Ozarks," and I really hope Chris Hoye didn't just run off and leave his wife and kids, thereby letting his ex-girlfriend take her kids back after not being in their lives. Since she (the ex) was in the area the weekend he disappeared, and they had an adversarial relationship due to the custody battle, it's not hard to imagine she had something to do with his disappearance. And WHY did the daughter's fiance not stop and talk to the guy he thought was Chris at the gas station?!

• Like 3