Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Jennings, Elizabeth

On ‎20‎.‎11‎.‎2018 at 8:00 PM, Umbelina said:

As far as her knowledge of Soviet equipment being faulty, perhaps she knew, perhaps not, she wasn't a factory worker or scientist, she was a KGB officer.  However, we DO specifically know that Gabriel, William, Philip, and Elizabeth were aware of Soviet inadequacies in handling the bioweapons, yet they did it anyway.  Oleg, who was also aware, since that's why he told the FBI about the operation?  Knew as well.

Of all of them, Oleg was the only one to balk.  So, if you hate Tatiana for that, you must also hate Gabe, William, Philip, and Elizabeth as well.  The only difference is Tatiana is a supposition, the others are a sure thing according to the show.

I remember that Oleg had scientific education, so he was chosen to lead the spionage at that field in the US. That must mean that also Tatiana had similar education - otherwise she couldn't have know what were useful things to get from the US. She couldn't ask always orders from Moscow, especially as it took time to have contact there and one must sometimes act swiftly.

I don't hate Tatiana, I only don't like her. That may be due, as you say, to the fact that we know so little of her, but also because she isn't interesting because she is so one-dimensial, don't seem to have any secret motives and never makes an individual choice (except telling Oleg - and that I instantly knew was a mistake and afterwards felt sympathy towards her when her career hopes were crushed).

If one isn't a judge, of course one can have different attitudes towards people who have done the same deeds. First, one simply likes some and doesn't like others. But secondly, a good writer or an actor/actress can make a person whom one usually doesn't like to such that one likes him/or, or at least understands him/her.    

On ‎21‎.‎11‎.‎2018 at 8:36 PM, Umbelina said:

Also, honestly, why should the USA, their main enemy, especially then, with Reagan constantly calling them the "evil empire" and other things, have a dangerous bio weapon, and not her country? 

Was these diseases really meant to use as weapons, not to find a medicine to cure them?

In any case, I think "we must be as bad as our enemies" is a very dangerous path.