Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Owned

I was wondering why this show just doesn't seem to gel.  I like the leads and the stories have potential.  Maybe it's because they rush a lot of things or don't clearly show how he figures things out.  Everything seems to get resolved just a tad bit too easily even though much of the resolution seems obvious.  They didn't check for potential abuse or internal injuries immediately?  And, it seemed to take a while to figure out that the woman who was killed was acting weird.  I also don't like the captain (?) character-she just seems too passive. 

Anyway, I am with this show until it ends as I just enjoy Alan Cummings so much.  Maybe the producers thought that the stories wouldn't matter as people would turn in just for him.  Should the writing improve I think this show could really be good.

• Love 2

The husband as murderer was telegraphed as soon as Lizzie's lt told Abby she had a perfect husband. I normally see no chemistry between Dylan & Andy, but I bought them as a couple this episode.  

(edited)

I didn't mind the amount of time spent on sports fans seen through Andy's world view (so eventually Dylan could have his ah-ha! TBI/choking light bulb go off), I just wish it had been written more interestingly. I imagine the writers making a list of sports fan items to cover, and then just stringing them together.

It's like the writers figure, hey, it's Alan Cumming, and it's a formulaic CBS crime show; we just need to stick to the formula.

Edited by shapeshifter