Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Every Second Counts

Ripley interviews each member of the Station 19 crew to determine whether Andy or Jack should be given the role of captain. Meanwhile, a mom’s day out on a party bus takes a turn for the worst; and Captain Pruitt continues his treatment.

Ok, here is the thing about protocols in emergency situations. If there is a situation you are "required" to aid the injured and if there is a patient who is sever, then they go right away. You can spin it all you want with the other fire chief, but that was a hell of a lot longer than 8 minutes. Even Ben cutting the one woman out, metal doesn't cool that fast either, unless it was a very cold day outside. Now, Bishop being told she should apply for a LT spot when it opens up, now that made the most sense, but in the end, I was on Andy's side during the story. But seriously, you know how many lawsuits there would have been in Station 22 would have been any later and 19 just would have been: "Sorry you guys are all in pain and dying, but we can't break protocol." 

• Love 1

Attention Mike Ross from Suits!  I understand you and the Princess are moving to Seattle to work for a small law firm, looking to take on the big boys in lawsuits galore.  I have your first bunch of clients!  Godalmighty, the level of incompetence in that episode was never ending.  I realize that it has its roots in Shondaland, not known for attention to realism, but Seattle Grace Hospital does not exist.  Seattle FD does.  They should put a disclaimer up at the beginning of each episode, saying that the action herein do not represent SFD (or anybody else we can think of) in any way, shape or form. 

Well, Firefighter Gabby Hughes may have just shoved her turnout boot right down her throat with that scene.  At least she owned up to it.

Those had to be the dullest metal cutting blades in the world to not get through some aluminum without heating the entire rod up.  I would think the danger would be more from vibration than heat.  Of course, you would think that a tool like, say, the Jaws of Life located on the engine would have that required cutting attachment.

Chief Ripley getting down with the edgy facial hair look.

Side note:  The IC on the ground doesn't tell the aircraft/helicopter when/where to drop the water, except in general terms.  That's the pilot's job.  But I get it.  He's butthurt because his guy died.

I'm a bit curious about the hierarchy on incidents in this show.  I'm used to private ambo companies responding to scenes, and they alone decide who to take and who goes first.  It seems like every firefighter at 19 is a licensed paramedic or better, so does the Captain du jour have the authority to hold an ambo at scene?

I rant too much, so I apologize.  I actually watch this show for the unintentional humor it gives me.  I haven't laughed this hard since, oh, last week's episode.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I realize that it has its roots in Shondaland, not known for attention to realism, but Seattle Grace Hospital does not exist.  Seattle FD does.  They should put a disclaimer up at the beginning of each episode, saying that the action herein do not represent SFD (or anybody else we can think of) in any way, shape or form. 

I'm a bit curious about the hierarchy on incidents in this show.  I'm used to private ambo companies responding to scenes, and they alone decide who to take and who goes first.  It seems like every firefighter at 19 is a licensed paramedic or better, so does the Captain du jour have the authority to hold an ambo at scene?

I rant too much, so I apologize.  I actually watch this show for the unintentional humor it gives me.  I haven't laughed this hard since, oh, last week's episode.

Oh no kidding, I worked in health care for almost 5 years and I have relatives who served as firefighters both in small and large cities. They just laugh at how bad things are portrayed on this show. Really, that small of a piece of aluminum would have been Jaws of Life and cut her out in like 3 minutes. I also like to know how everyone was thrown out of that party bus like that. It was like how the family on Grey's a few years ago was thrown out of their car in a nice neat line up. I also like how they picked up wedding ring guy and there wasn't one cop around to write out a ticket or do a report. You just don't get in a car accident and the FD paramedics just take you away like that. There would have been a statement and everything. Also, good to know that Andy is following many other women on TV having sex. Have your bra on the entire time, while your lover is obviously completely naked and they are suppose to just be missing underware while they are on top of them. Because so many people would bother getting into bed for sex and just leave their bra on and then be: "Ok, off to work I go." Yeah, they be doing a quickie and then moving on. I get it is TV, but come on. They could have always done a back shot of Andy looking like she had no top on and then just a few camera angles. But oh no, remember, Andy is in charge, so she has to be on top. 

8 hours ago, readster said:

Even Ben cutting the one woman out, metal doesn't cool that fast either, unless it was a very cold day outside.

Or unless you pour some water over it, like any sensible person would have done, instead of just sitting around waiting to see if the woman died...

17 minutes ago, readster said:

I also like how they picked up wedding ring guy and there wasn't one cop around to write out a ticket or do a report.

Nor was there one at the scene of the other accident, to restrain him, after he was caught ransacking the vehicle for his morphine fix, and getting violent with the fireman who wanted to give him the wrong colour (presumably weaker) morphine.  When a member of the public becomes dangerously violent in the pursuit of some illegal goal, aren't you, as a fireman, entitled to, you know, break their face?

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Or unless you pour some water over it, like any sensible person would have done, instead of just sitting around waiting to see if the woman died...

Nor was there one at the scene of the other accident, to restrain him, after he was caught ransacking the vehicle for his morphine fix, and getting violent with the fireman who wanted to give him the wrong colour (presumably weaker) morphine.  When a member of the public becomes dangerously violent in the pursuit of some illegal goal, aren't you, as a fireman, entitled to, you know, break their face?

Oh no, why do that? That's like a shooter ransacking a hospital and shooting and killing people left and right. SWAT's job is to just injure them to arrest them, instead of killing them on sight. So, why would there be any PD on the scene because you know Officer Ryan it was his day off. He's the only cop in the area. 

• Love 1

When did Pruitt realize those two aren't worthy candidates? When he found out they were in a relationship or when they allowed the pole to be used.

I understand people are delirious in accidents but those ladies were annoying.

• Love 2

Andy continues to be the worst lead ever. She doesn't deserve the promotion and Maya is annoying me by default for championing for her. She's the absolute worst. She's inexperienced, didn't deserve the promotion to lieutenant yet alone Captain. At least with Jack you see him at work and being a leader etc. I feel every episode with Andy is just her boning either Jack or Ryan and whinging to Maya about it. Just ugh.