Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Null and Annoyed

Trini
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, Maverick said:

There was a throwaway line that vibe blasts take a lot of energy so they are the first power to go.  Eventually Breacher will lose his abilities. 

Gotcha. Thanks. I can barely focus on this show anymore, so I miss these things.

Ralph needs to die about 15 episodes at this point. What a anchor dragging this show down. DeVoe isn't that great, but I could deal with a lackluster seasonal villain if fucking Ralph wasn't on here, too.

I think the only thing of importance in this episode was giving Marlize more and more reason to turn on DeVoe by the end, which I imagine she will do. And I guess whatever was going on with Harry at the end, but.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, colorbars said:

I think the only thing of importance in this episode was giving Marlize more and more reason to turn on DeVoe by the end, which I imagine she will do. And I guess whatever was going on with Harry at the end, but.

Plus, giving Cisco a reason to leave at the end of the season. ( <-- speculation, not spoiler)

22 hours ago, Trini said:

Plus, giving Cisco a reason to leave at the end of the season. ( <-- speculation, not spoiler)

I would have included that if I thought that was ever gonna happen, but I highly doubt it will, so it was kinda just a filler plot that will likely be resolved in the next couple episodes.

I just think the same way that Caitlin and Barry left in the Season 3 finale, yet were right back on the team by the end of the Season 4 premiere, is how they'll handle Cisco leaving.

Kevin Smith demonstrates how little regard he has for this episode -- and the series -- by inserting one of his Jay and Silent Bob bits from a hundred years ago.   Aside from the shameless self-promotion there was nothing to distinguish his direction in this episode from that of anyone else.  I wish people would stop enabling this guy.

17 hours ago, millennium said:

Kevin Smith demonstrates how little regard he has for this episode -- and the series -- by inserting one of his Jay and Silent Bob bits from a hundred years ago.   Aside from the shameless self-promotion there was nothing to distinguish his direction in this episode from that of anyone else.  I wish people would stop enabling this guy.

Agreed with the enabling; but in this instance at least, it was apparently the writers idea:

I re-watched this; but only the B and C-plots with Breacher/Cisco and Marlize respectively. Those parts weren't so bad. The plot with Breacher and Cisco had heart and humor; and Marlize's sets up her eventual turn against DeVoe.

Although there were still characters that had a lot less to do than others (Iris, Caitlin, Joe), I think the A-,B-, and C-plot structure worked well here to give everyone something to do. Not for every episode, but they could probably do this a little more often, if they insist on having all the regulars present all the time.