Type keyword(s) to search

That Georgia Boy: The Ryan Seacrest Thread

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

What is Ryan Seacrest doing on the show?  His role seems to get smaller and smaller each week.  I think they could get by with just the judges and the voice-over announcer.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DallasGypsy said:

What is Ryan Seacrest doing on the show?  His role seems to get smaller and smaller each week.  I think they could get by with just the judges and the voice-over announcer.

For me, Ryan is the glue and it would be lacking without him.   He is doing Kelly and Ryan Live everyday so negotiated a contract that would allow him to do both.  That means less of a presence on Idol.  

• Love 3
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

At this point he's just accused, not guilty.  He has one accuser and has maintained his innocence, and his employers haven't found the accusations to have enough basis to pull him from his shows or anything like that.  The other recent cases like Matt Lauer were investigated and the allegations were found to be credible, which is how they were able to fire the men.  

ABC cleared him immediately and said there is no proof.  They know the acuser, she tried to blackmail him awhile back. She has no credibility.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Good to know.  I was curious so googled and found that an independent third party investigation cleared him, not just ABC.  I guess for months she had been threatening to go public with the accusations unless he paid her tens of millions.

15 million is what she asked.  I think she was threatening to out him.  I think he is gay as many do.  This is why it was a slam dunk to clear him in the minutes it took.  Lol  He chooses lousy beards and cannot do this charade with any finesse. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1

While Ryan was presiding over this week’s bogus (my opinion) non-save of Jeremiah, he was also winning a Daytime Emmy Award (of course shared with Kelly Ripa) for his co-hosting job on Live with Kelly and Ryan. The Daytime Emmys were livestreamed. I’m pretty sure this is Ryan’s first Emmy, for either Daytime or Primetime TV work.

• Love 1
On 4/4/2018 at 3:49 PM, Wings said:

15 million is what she asked.  I think she was threatening to out him.  I think he is gay as many do.  This is why it was a slam dunk to clear him in the minutes it took.  Lol  He chooses lousy beards and cannot do this charade with any finesse. 

Ryan doesn’t necessarily have to be gay to be blackmailed (though, yeah, I think he probably is gay too). He could be bisexual. Although being gay seems to be seen as being “worse” than being bisexual & more likely to make someone more of a target of something like blackmail; especially if they’re not open about their sexuality & others perhaps think they should be.

• Love 1