Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Wallets

Brandon branches out on his own, while Emmett searches for his son after Tiffany takes him away. Ronnie seeks redemption at a mosque where he meets Rafiq. Kevin tries to stop his best friend from going down a dark path.

Promo:

Clip:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I'm posting this interview here rather than the media thread because the video description says it's a behind the scenes look at Ronnie and Rafiq's relationship in episode 8.  I watched the entire interview and didn't find it spoilery, but I'm putting it here just to be on the safe side:

I really like the actor who plays Reg, Barton Fitzpatrick. He does a lot of acting with his eyes, which I always find cool to watch.

Steven Williams does menace - no whimsical menace - really well.

Brandon and Hannibal were delightful in this episode. I enjoy their relationship. Hope this food truck venture works out.

Really enjoyed this episode.

I'm liking this show, but I am still waiting for the women on the show to have interior lives and stories of their own.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Dee said:

Brandon & Hannibal are indeed adorable.

The younger boys going tampon shopping was hilarious.

I fell out when Hannibal was like "He lives in the closet!" and Brandon looked inside and saw this neatly put-together closet. "He got a flat-screen in there!" (I have known people who have rented out or lived in closets. NYC apartment prices are a bitch.) I love their relationship.

Papa's questions about tampons were a little too invasive, but "tampons" does require more information and she should have known that!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I fell out when Hannibal was like "He lives in the closet!" and Brandon looked inside and saw this neatly put-together closet. "He got a flat-screen in there!" (I have known people who have rented out or lived in closets. NYC apartment prices are a bitch.) I love their relationship.

And Mr. Wu called Brandon short! I cracked up!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Unexpected moment of laughter in this episode when Sonny popped up to save his brother. 

The kids on this show are the best. I love that Kevin and Poppa are worried enough about Jake to try to talk to him about it. Hilarious when Kevin’s mom caught Poppa cussing and he had to apologize. While I agree with Kevin’s mom that he didn’t have to be so nosy (asking who the tampons were for), he did the right thing by calling to ask for clarification. No one wants to get the wrong tampons!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Unexpected moment of laughter in this episode when Sonny popped up to save his brother. 

I laughed even more when Sonny then pulled the gun on Quentin. That I did not see coming.

• Love 1

The kids are mostly why I watch this show. I thought I couldn't love Poppa any more than I do then I find out he has special "whittling music"!? I'd happily watch a spin-off show with just the kids.

• Love 8

They better not kill any of these babies! I live in Chicago and have worked with clients all over the city including Englewood for 20 years. I've read that forums call out the show for not being realistic I disagree,  I find this show very realistic. I love the show and agree that it reminds me more of Treme than The Wire. 

Edited by Miss chi chi
  • Love 2