Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Drunk Mystery

This episode wasn't one of the better ones.  I always love seeing Taran Killam, but despite being one of the biggest unsolved mysteries, the story was blah.  I didn't like any of the story tellers either.  At least no one threw up.

I never heard about the Circleville Letters. Looks like I will be spending time on Google & Wikipedia today.  Thanks Derek Waters for giving me today's reason to be distracted from my job!

Circleville was new to me, too.

I've really enjoyed this entire season. It's such a relief to have a happy little show that is content to be itself and not become "dark & gritty" or involve a global conspiracy.

The Circleville letters were interesting. I, too, will be spending a lot of time on Wikipedia! I realize that the show is Drunk History/Mystery, but I felt like Alison Rich and Kyle Mooney were *too* drunk. It was just uncomfortable watching Kyle and kind of stressed me out.

Derek seems completely sober; not sure if that was "by comparison to the storytellers" or "giving his liver a break."

The first narrator was a mess. Way too many "likes". Which can be looked over if you're giving a lot of narration for the actors to work with, but she just didn't. For Derek to actually stand up worry. 

I liked the theme for the show though. 

10 hours ago, justjen said:

Derek seems completely sober; not sure if that was "by comparison to the storytellers" or "giving his liver a break."

I wouldn't call him sober, but he wasn't faced. 

So mystery-wise, apparently Amelia Earhart's remains were found on a island recently, so I'd love someone to make a story out of that. 

I liked the "reenactments" where everyone had a blonde wig.