Type keyword(s) to search

Come and Knock On Our Door: All Episodes Talk

Mod Note:  Please use this thread to discuss all episodes of Three's Company.  Some quoted posts originated in the Small Talk Thread.

On 2/18/2018 at 8:27 PM, crgirl412 said:

My FAVORITE Three's Company's episode is on Antenna TV, Two Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest!!  I've loved it for 36 years!  I'm 47 years old and it first appeared in 1981!!  Jeffery Tambor is amazing in it!!  The extreme irony is that I went back to school for a second Bachelor's degree in Nursing and now work on an Inpatient Psychiatric Unit!!    

LOVE THIS!!!! 

Another of my favorite episodes is the episode where Jack gets mixed up on a blind date at a roller rink and ends up mistaken for a fence by a pretty girl for stolen diamonds.

12 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Another of my favorite episodes is the episode where Jack gets mixed up on a blind date at a roller rink and ends up mistaken for a fence by a pretty girl for stolen diamonds.

And this is an example of how fortunate we are that the series was filmed before cell phones and social media.  Today, a simple phone call or facebook post would clear things up.  But lucky for us, this was back when if you missed a phone call, you missed it.   One misunderstanding leads to another, and the episode gets funnier as it goes along.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I do not recall this episode at all!!  :(

4 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

I do not recall this episode at all!!  :(

"Diamond Jack". It was a Terry episode from season 7. You can find it online. Lots of funny bits like Jack not being able to roller skate. John Ritter physical comedy at it's best. My favorite part though is how Jack, Janet and Terry find out the diamonds are real and not glass!

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

"Diamond Jack". It was a Terry episode from season 7. You can find it online. Lots of funny bits like Jack not being able to roller skate. John Ritter physical comedy at it's best. My favorite part though is how Jack, Janet and Terry find out the diamonds are real and not glass!

I will look it up!!   Thank you!! 

2 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

I will look it up!!   Thank you!! 

When you watch that episode, you will notice what a great job is done by Richard Kline.  He totally nails that young, carefree Los Angeles lifestyle by underplaying his scenes.

When he walks into Jack's apartment, he barely skips a beat when he notices the guy with the gun.   "Sorry, wrong apartment" as he breezes right past him, headed back out the door!

• Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, Lili said:

I just seen the episode recently where Jack has two dates and has to balance them both recently. Great episode, and one of my favorites.

Placing this episode into some historical context will help explain why Three's Company was so popular.  (Pulls down screen and turns on overhead projector):

The late 1970's and early 1980's were a rough time in America for many people.  Words appeared that we had never heard before:  Layoffs, Downsizing, Misery Idex.

Boy, did we need a diversion!

And what's this?  Three's Company is on tonight?  

Starring three young, attractive and carefree main characters, surrounded by well-meaning friends and landlords who always seem to generate one hilarious misunderstanding after another.

And tonight's episode, Jack's biggest problem in the world is trying to balance two dates at the same time.

Heck yes!  Count us in.  For a half hour a week, we could forget all of our problems as we come and knock on your door!

Thank you, Three's Company, for a very welcome half hour diversion.

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Love 1

I forgot how I even came to have it, but I found the unaired pilot among my video clips. In the unaired pilot, the women were named Jenny and Sam, and John Ritter played David. The brunette, Jenny, was played by Valerie Curtin, who is apparently a cousin of Jane Curtin, or so I've read. But looking at it, I can see why it remained unaired and was practically retooled.

And it had the melody of the theme song used, but just a bunch of "doo-doo-dee-doo" in place of actual lyrics. At least the Ropers were pretty much the same!

And then there was a second pilot with Jack and Janet with John Ritter and Joyce DeWitt, but a different actress played Chrissy.

I guess the third time really was the charm for this show!

The complete series DVD set (which I just recently bought) happens to include both pilots as bonus features. I never seen them, but now that I have this DVD set, I'll be watching them for the first time soon.

• Love 1