Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E05: Stripes

• Start Topic

"That was so 'disintegreous!'" When that came out of Devyn's mouth, I about died. 

Not sorry to see Jasmine go, but disappointed she couldn't send Laurel home. I wish the eliminations weren't always so physical. Aside from the Nia/Cara Maria matchup, the larger competitor typically sticks around. There's no way someone like Zach goes home unless he goes up against someone like CT. So, yea, snore. 

Bananas' comment about Jordan's hand was uncalled for, though it seemed like no one (including Jordan) minded. Still, I can't imagine making light of someone who is missing a body part. 

Damn. TJ's "Congratulations, Bananas" when CT didn't get the kill card was cold (and cracked me up!).

Glad Cara didn't end up in the duel for a change. That was nice for her. But poor teeny tiny Jasmine. She had no chance but I was really hoping for a David and Goliath situation.

Well, that sucked. I don't like Laurel, so watching her manhandle Jasmine wasn't fun. I definitely don't like Johnny, so watching him beat Isaac wasn't fun. And I don't care if Jordan underachieves . . . I still want him to knock Johnny on his ass. Johnny's act has gotten beyond stale, so it would be nice for him to go out of our lives forever.

I was glad Laurel won, but I did feel bad for Jasmine, too. Poor thing. Everybody knew she was done as soon as se pulled the kill card. I was really hoping for Camilla to pull it.

Johnny and Jordan are two evils I just can't choose between. There is no "lesser evil" between the two of them for me.

Mannnn what an underhanded, sneaky bitch Teresa is. I can't even say that's a good play, because it wasn't like Laurel wasn't going to find out that Theresa was leading that charge. So I do not for one second believe Theresa thought it was "strategic" not to say Laurel's name, I think she was just a coward. Plus in deliberations, she was the main one complaining about other people not wanting to say names and do their own dirty work! I can't stand a hypocrit. Theresa is just vile and an attention whore anyway. I knew that back on Fresh Meat II when she went after Kenny, then went after Wes after being rejected by Kenny. She knew the best way to get screen time and notice was to start something up with one of the most prominent players in the house. It worked out for her, didn't it? She's still around.

I still like the kill card and I can't wait til some real scrappy fights go down once the weaker competitors are weeded out.

I have never liked Jasmine, but seeing her going into the elimination with Laurel really made me sad for her. I think she handled it well and better than I expected. It was the first time I actually liked her.

I'm not buying the Jordan/Bananas feud. I think it's just put on for the show, especially on Jordan's part & Bananas, being Bananas, just went with it. CT is basically a nonentity at this point. What a difference from several years ago.

Did not like the tasteless comment Isak made about not being aloud in the sandbox or schoolyard or whatever he said.

Best Cara Maria moment of the evening was at the duel (is that what the elimination challenge is called??) and during the Laurel/Jasmine challenge she just said, "this is just sad."  It made me look up from whatever I was doing and take note at how out matched Jasime was due to mere size.  

"That was so 'disintegreous!'" When that came out of Devyn's mouth, I about died. 

Not sorry to see Jasmine go, but disappointed she couldn't send Laurel home. I wish the eliminations weren't always so physical. Aside from the Nia/Cara Maria matchup, the larger competitor typically sticks around. There's no way someone like Zach goes home unless he goes up against someone like CT. So, yea, snore. 

Bananas' comment about Jordan's hand was uncalled for, though it seemed like no one (including Jordan) minded. Still, I can't imagine making light of someone who is missing a body part. 

Jordan said he wasn't upset about the comment & then they showed Johnny apologizing for it. Johnny said he wanted to rip Jordan's head off but that he shouldn't have said that about his hand. At least he owned up to it & said sorry & I'm not a fan of Bananas. I try to be fair & judge people based on their actions & attitude. I find it strange that both Laurel & Jordan who have never won a final feel like Johnny is not a worthy competitor or that he's earned his stripes. He's won more  than any other person in the history of the show.

I feel that both Jordan & Laurel are good competitors but their attitude & sense of entitlement annoys me. Jordan keeps talking like he's running the show when he's done horribly this season. What has he done so far? Nothing! Laurel thought it was funny when Aneesa was pissed about getting votes but when it was her turn to get votes she was the one that was pissed & tried to intimidate the others while voting. Of course she got Jazmin, the smallest girl on the show to go against. I'm hoping she didn't feel good about that win. I'm all for being cut throat, good fair competition but I can't stand when people run their mouths when they've never won. Lucky for Laurel that she doesn't really have any competition this season, no Emily Schromm, Cooke or Evelyn. She might win & if she does we will never hear the end of it, same for Jordan. If he wins he thinks he's better than Johnny who has won more than any other person in Challenge history. The fact that Jordan said for Johnny to "earn his stripes" shows how arrogant Jordan is. Johnny has done more than earn his stripes. I wish Jordan would shut his mouth & let his actions do the talking. Too bad, his actions so far have been weak at best.

I find it strange that both Laurel & Jordan who have never won a final feel like Johnny is not a worthy competitor or that he's earned his stripes. He's won more  than any other person in the history of the show.

I'm no fan of Laurel OR Jordan, and I'm sure someone like @Lantern7 could prove me wrong with his data, but Johnny always seemed to coast to finals. He had always had his powerful alliance and would pick off the weaker players or those that failed to establish alliances. That's not to say that Johnny isn't strong or a worthy competitor, but he always was very successful in avoiding eliminations, which is where Jordan's comment about Johnny earning his stripes comes from. Or maybe I'm wrong. 

I'm no fan of Laurel OR Jordan, and I'm sure someone like @Lantern7 could prove me wrong with his data, but Johnny always seemed to coast to finals. He had always had his powerful alliance and would pick off the weaker players or those that failed to establish alliances. That's not to say that Johnny isn't strong or a worthy competitor, but he always was very successful in avoiding eliminations, which is where Jordan's comment about Johnny earning his stripes comes from. Or maybe I'm wrong. 

Johnny has done his share of elimination rounds. In Battle of the Exes, his partner was Camilla & they won more challenges than any other team but in the end they had to go into the elimination against Mark & Robin. Johnny beat Mark. Johnny has lost elimination rounds as well. Remember CT wearing him like a backpack. I'm not a fan of Johnny's but he's done his share & earned his stripes. Jordan who has done nothing this season at all needs to show some composure & let his actions speak. He's a tough, little guy but his attitude this season is horrible. Last season he was pretty decent & had his head in the game. This season, it looks like Laurel & him are feeding off each other & both acting like they are the bosses.

I was glad Laurel won, but I did feel bad for Jasmine, too. Poor thing. Everybody knew she was done as soon as se pulled the kill card. I was really hoping for Camilla to pull it.

Johnny and Jordan are two evils I just can't choose between. There is no "lesser evil" between the two of them for me.

Mannnn what an underhanded, sneaky bitch Teresa is. I can't even say that's a good play, because it wasn't like Laurel wasn't going to find out that Theresa was leading that charge. So I do not for one second believe Theresa thought it was "strategic" not to say Laurel's name, I think she was just a coward. Plus in deliberations, she was the main one complaining about other people not wanting to say names and do their own dirty work! I can't stand a hypocrit. Theresa is just vile and an attention whore anyway. I knew that back on Fresh Meat II when she went after Kenny, then went after Wes after being rejected by Kenny. She knew the best way to get screen time and notice was to start something up with one of the most prominent players in the house. It worked out for her, didn't it? She's still around.

I still like the kill card and I can't wait til some real scrappy fights go down once the weaker competitors are weeded out.

I would have to say the more evil won is Jordan. When he wins a challenge 4 times, he can talk. Being that he has sucked this entire season should be reason enough for him to be quiet. Johnny's a big mouth, always has been but usually can back it up. He's older & slower now but still, he's earned his place, like him or not. Jordan, I thought would come in super strong after last season but every event he's failed so far. For me the competition is not strong enough this season, especially for the women.

I agree about Teresa, she's been a fool since her 1st appearance on the show. Her voting scam was stupid. So instead of just pissing off Laurel, she's now pissed off more people by not voting the way she suggested to them in the 1st place. 

I have never liked Jasmine, but seeing her going into the elimination with Laurel really made me sad for her. I think she handled it well and better than I expected. It was the first time I actually liked her.

I'm not buying the Jordan/Bananas feud. I think it's just put on for the show, especially on Jordan's part & Bananas, being Bananas, just went with it. CT is basically a nonentity at this point. What a difference from several years ago.

Did not like the tasteless comment Isak made about not being aloud in the sandbox or schoolyard or whatever he said.

Maybe you're right about Jordan & Bananas. Who knows. I do know that even though we see him & Cara say they dislike each other, we see them laugh together & hug. I think it's a love hate with Bananas. They all love to hate him. I saw an interview a few seasons back with Paula & I think it was Diem, & they said that outside of the show Johnny is a very good & loyal friend. He has his jerky, douche attitude most of the time, but I think most of that is an act. He was younger when he started the show & that attitude got him attention & cast again & again. I guess he has to try to keep it up. 

Johnny can coast, though he has taken his lumps. Going into this season, his solo/dual win percentage was a healthy .355 (including going 4-for-9 in missions with both Tyler and Camila), and his endgame record is now 4-3. He has earned his stripes. I think Jordan got confused, and he wanted Johnny to prove his claim as the alpha male of the show. Once again, I'll be rooting for him, because Jordan's act isn't as stale as Johnny's. And if Jordan wants to keep flipping cards in order to face Johnny, like teasers have been showing, then more power to him.

• Love 1
Damn. TJ's "Congratulations, Bananas" when CT didn't get the kill card was cold (and cracked me up!).

I think we all still remember CT carrying Bananas like a backpage so I can understand why Teej said it!

Bananas is a tool, but I do have to give him credit as he has proven himself to be a top notch competitor, moreso than some of the other people he's usually aligned with in my opinion.

I think we all still remember CT carrying Bananas like a backpage so I can understand why Teej said it!

Bananas is a tool, but I do have to give him credit as he has proven himself to be a top notch competitor, moreso than some of the other people he's usually aligned with in my opinion.

I agree with your post. Bananas, like him or not plays a social game as well. We forget as viewers that we only see a few minutes of their week & we get to see him run his mouth & joke around a lot. But if you read or see interviews with some of the players over the years they all call him a good friend & a great player. He can't win everything & people like Jordan think if they beat him or he doesn't win at something he's a bad player. His record speaks for itself & the ones running their mouths now, need to win 4 finals then talk.