Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation for Season Five

We do not know whether or not the show is coming back. If we get a Season 5, what would you like to see? What characters would you like to see again? What storylines would you like to see? I would love to see a bottle episode (minimal guest cast, no new sets) where the librarians are trapped in the Library and have to solve puzzles to defeat whatever magical power or person is behind it.  

• Love 2

We haven't had a time-loop yet have we?  Those are fun.  For my part, I'd like some callbacks to previous characters.  I liked Cindy Kroger and seeing Ezekiel dating her would be fun.  Jake and the reporter from the camp episode were fun.  I have yet to cool all the way down from Cassandra and the vampire girl from "...And the Eternal Question."  Hell, the Librarians getting in trouble with Jenkins drafting Jeff and the D&Ders into a rescue/consulting group.  Or maybe the kid from "...And the Hidden Sanctuary."  Depending on John Noble's schedule, maybe the Vatican Shadows can be a season-long Big Bad.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Time-loop, eh? It just occurred that with 3 immortals now on board, there could be more of that...I guess? Not an active fantasy fan here,  except for this show, but it does seem a logical place to go — pun maybe intended? 

Time loops are a trope of fantasy and science fiction.  Plus they make for a nice, relatively cheap way to do a bottle episode as long as they're not too heavy on the special effects.

• Love 2

As it turns out, The Librarian did do a time-loop show in the second season in the episode "...And the Point of Salvation."  They just did it without an actual time loop.  It was a video-game simulation instead.  I thought that was pretty neat at the time.  Still, there's no reason they can't do another time loop episode, this time with an actual time loop.  Maybe it could focus on Jake since he kind of hates magic and using/figuring out magic would suck for him.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, johntfs said:

As a person who plays D&D and other RPGs, they're really fun to play, but also pretty damned dull to watch.

Unless it's a Jumanji type situation where they are sucked into the world of the game. That could be fun to watch for an episode, but not an entire season.  

• Love 1

Community actually did two D&D episodes without any sucking into the world. The episodes were awesome especially the first one, I could see this on the Librarians done the same way... Just not an entire season, but I'd be in for an episode of it.

I also hope they will reference the episodes of this season around the time of their equivalent, because of the timey-wimey-ness of the situation, just a throwaway sentence about the camp or Feud. etc and then in the finale hopefully take things from both seasons (since it didn't happen this season and the way everything comes together is an aspect I really love about the show). 

Edited by tiramisue
  • Love 3