Type keyword(s) to search

Media: Station 19 in the News

Some basics here; there has been a lot of news about this show in the eight months...YES EIGHT MONTHS since it was picked up, but no name until now!!!

Set in a Seattle firehouse, Station 19, from Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes’ Shondaland and written by Grey’s executive producer/co-showrunner Stacy McKee, follows a group of heroic firefighters. From the captain to the newest recruit, the show revolves around the men and women as they risk their lives and hearts both in the line of duty and off the clock.

Jaina Lee Ortiz and Jason George star along with Jay Hayden, Alberto Frezza, Grey Damon, Okieriete Onaodowan, Danielle Savre and Miguel Sandoval.

As previously announced, the spinoff will debut with a two-hour premiere at 9 PM Thursday, March 22 and moves to its regular time slot on Thursday, March 29 as part of the TGIT lineup at 9|8 CT.

Ugh kind of lost me at the love triangle. It's probably my age but I'm just so over them. I was hoping for a bit more. 

Also is it right for someone to be in charge when they're booking up with 2 of their subordinates? Especially in a job so high risk!

5 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Ugh kind of lost me at the love triangle. It's probably my age but I'm just so over them. I was hoping for a bit more. 

Also is it right for someone to be in charge when they're booking up with 2 of their subordinates? Especially in a job so high risk!

Do not fucking start shows with forced love interests. I honestly think Grey's was the last one to fully pull that off in drama a for me. 

I'm just over pretty people hooking up in *insert work setting here*. 

Focus on the job aspect and let relationships come organically.

I know.. Like the trailer was great until

suddenly it was all "oh god I slept with my childhood bestie, but what about Jack the other guy I'm sexing" etc etc. It's sad to say but I think the show thinks it's being groundbreaking by putting the lead female as centre of the triangle instead of a man when actually that started happening years ago.

I want it to be good but I don't know.. The trailer is making me doubt it..

Edited by Chas411
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:57 AM, Chas411 said:

Same. I'm 20 and I'm over the whole love triangle thing ugh. Not a fan of the hooking up with the boss thing either.

I was excited for this show despite being annoyed grey's (I've been obsessed with fire dramas lately) but idk. I'm getting mary sue vibes from the main character too. 

Edited by beachespeaches
nvm

I'll be interested in seeing the ratings. I'm watching March Madness, so I have Twitter open. Not only was Station 19 not trending at any time that I noticed, when I entered in the keyword, it didn't pre-populate with a #Station19 hashtag so I'm wondering if it was just uncommon. Not always a barometer on actual ratings, but interesting to me. There is a decent amount of competition for the top rankings tonight, but Grey's, Atlanta and I think Chicago Fire had no trouble trending tonight and this has been heavily advertised.

I'm probably going to be completely wrong with this but from the one or two reviews I've read I don't know if if I see this show taking off. The trailer alone was enough to put me off. It just wasn't Great and failed at establishing any interesting characters.